“Good sensible hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
New Jersey/ New York
“Good sensible hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is less than half a mile walk from the water, and a couple of blocks from the park where they hold summer festivals and celebrations. Very functional and very clean hotel. It does not pretend to be a great or prententious place. And keep in mind Anchorage is pretty much like that. We spent 3 nights here and walked everywhere. It is recommended for an economical stay for families or couples. Good job overall.

Room Tip: Make sure the blinds close, otherwise you will have trouble staying asleep
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
freq_traveler09,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to tell us about your stay. We appreciate your kind words, and are glad we could help make your stay in Anchorage a memorable one. Also, your room tip is invaluable for anyone not accustomed to the near 24 hour daylight we experience here in summer. Thanks again, and we hope to see you back next time your travels bring you to Anchorage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Coolangatta, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here on two different occasions for one night based upon tripadvisor reviews and price. Yes, it is an older hotel but the price was about half the others we were looking at and the limit of what we were prepared to pay. Accommodation in Anchorage in June, July and August is about 2-3 times what it is the rest of the year so we expected to pay more for less value. I thought it was an easy 20 minute walk to the heart of the city. I thought the staff were friendly, the room tidy, and the bed clean and comfortable. Check in was easy even though we arrived quite late.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
KJOB,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I would agree that we are an older building, but thats part of what gives us that "boutique charm." I would also agree that you would be hard pressed to find a better value in Anchorage, especially during the summer months. Thanks again, and happy travels!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here on two occasions and it was certainly less expensive than other hotels on offer. It is an older style hotel, but it was perfectly clean. Be careful of the slippery bathroom floor though. The location is a little out of the main part of town, but one can get there with a 15 minute walk. The restaurant and bar were very nice and the meatloaf was the best I have ever tasted - I had it on both occasions I was there. The hotel also allows dogs, and it was nice to see dog owners with their pets of all sizes wandering around. The free shuttle bus will take you to essential services, such as the airport and downtown Anchorage. The young lady on the reception desk was also very hard working, polite and friendly. In addition, the hotel is very solid - I stayed there during a particularly severe Alaskan windstorm, and I felt safe and sound with the wind howling around me!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
KathryneFrances,

Thank you so much for your review. Please keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Anchorage, and we will keep the meat loaf hot and ready!
Yakutat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I got this on a travel website that lets you name your own price and star level but not pick the hotel til after you commit to buy so I was a little nervous when I got the Inlet Tower then read some mixed reviews. However I think the really bad reviews are by people who have this place mixed up with the Inlet Inn downtown. My week long stay at the Inlet Tower was great. I was here from bush Alaska taking care of medical appts and shopping. The staff all were friendly and helpful. There were a couple of little things wrong with my room when I got there - a broken lamp switch and the little metal thing on the door that keeps it from opening all the way when you're in the room were broken - but maintenance fixed both right away when I let the front desk know. Bed linens were clean and they changed bathroom towels every day. Bathroom could have been cleaned just a little more thoroughly on the daily service but it wasn't bad, I'm just really picky and I'm sure if it's like most places the housekeepers are asked to clean a lot of rooms in a short amount of time. I was on the "mountain view" rather than the water side but that was still pretty, enjoyed my view from the 14th floor. The room decor is not modern but I thought the Alaska themed wallpaper was cute and it was all comfortable. The little kitchenette area was great. I didn't try the restaraunt but it looked nice, maybe next time. I agree with other reviewers who mentioned the tub is kind of high and stepping in and out would be a challenge if you were elderly or have bad knees or whatever, I would ask for a room with a lower tub I think they have them. For me it was fine but I could see what people who mentioned that meant, esp when I stepped back out. The market across the street is convenient. The location is great especially if you have a car like I did, I woudn't want to be here on foot but it was November and I had to run all over town. Plus I'm kinda lazy. All in all I found it great I would happily stay here again and recommend it to friends - like I said especially for the very reasonable price!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Inletscott, General Manager at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Villagegirl99689,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I agree that we do get confused with another property often, but most guests that come and stay have stays similar to yours. You will defiintely have to try the PubHouse next time youa re in town,a s it is quickly becoming a favorite in the local community, as well as with hotel patrons. Once again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Last night there i was on my laptop an on the corner of my eye i saw something crawling fast on the wall i looked an it was a roach gross it was fast but i grabbed it with a cup an covered it an left it i forgot to show the front desk

• Stayed September 2012
Katnaaq,

Thank you for your review. I have to assume you are confusing us with another establishment in downtown that unfortunately has a very similar name. I have been with the Inlet Tower for four years now, and have never once seen a bug outside of the occasional spider that looks to make it into the warmth when Alaska temperatures drop. We have our property inspected twice a year for pests, and so far have not had any positive results.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This downtown hotel is one of my favourite in Anchorage. If you ask for a top floor, you will have nice view over the Cook inlet. The hotel has very good restaurant and provide free WiFi and parking. The hotel also provide shuttle to/from the Anchorage airport. You can walk to the downtown in 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Horalka7,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Our location and views definitely make us ideally suited for the traveleler looking for proximity to city center, while being far enough out of the city to have a quiet, relaxing nights sleep.
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Have stayed here many times. Comfortable beds and clean sheets and unless you plan on staying in the hotel all day, the room is OK, too. I do agree with the others reviewers that these rooms are not spic and span, but it is an older property. The staff is friendly and you can't beat the price. Restaurant and bar were very fun and the food was outstanding! Upper floors have great views.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
AZBookend,

Thank you for your review. You are correct that we are an older property, but we do strive to make sure every room is clean, comfortable, and relaxing for our guests. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the PubHouse. Having an establishment of that quality, located right in our lobby, is in an excellent added bonus to our hotel. Once again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Anchorage.

Been to Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!