“quality experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
fairbanks, United States
“quality experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stay at the Embassy hotel when I travel to Anchorage. I find it a cut above most of the hotels in Anchorage to include the Captain Cook and the Hilton hotels. I was recently in Portland, Oregon for 10 days and stayed at an Embassy hotel. The experience was superb. I recommend any Embassy hotel anywhere.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Alaskashome, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I am delighted that you had a five star experience at the Embassy Suites Anchorage. It means a great deal to us that you recommend our hotel after staying at other hotels in the Anchorage area. The Embassy brand does offer a complete list of services whether on business or on pleasure. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Anchorage, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great hotel, really, but confirm your reservations at least 48 hours prior to your stay. They will sometimes make adjustments to your reservation without asking you if you made it in error. Like a smoking room request. If you really need one make sure they do not change it prior to check in. They only have three of them and they go quickly.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Alaskashome, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to submit your TripAdvisor comments. I am pleased to follow up on the experiences of all our guests. I am pleased that you very much enjoyed your stay but offer my sincere apology for our agent's mistake in changing a room. We are delighted to offer the exact room type that best accommodates an individual guest’s needs and desires. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and hope to welcome you again soon.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spent 10 days in. The whole building looks good. It has plenty of car park space available. The rooms are spacious, well equiped. Staff is friendly and helpful. Happy hours in a bar with two free drinks are nice too. The only minus I would see in breakfast (I am used to European way - a bit wider selection) - it gets a bit boring after 2 days. But it is me.
Would definitely return or recommend.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Alaskashome, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I am pleased that you had an excellent experience at the Embassy Suites Anchorage. It means a great deal that our guests recommend our hotel highly. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again should you return to Alaska.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would have given this hotel 5 stars except that the hotel shuttle service communication with me was lacking.
When I called for pickup at the ANC airport the desk clerk on duty asked for my cell phone number which I thought was a good idea.
It was late at night, cold & windy and after 3 phone calls to the hotel and 45 minutes later I was picked up. I later found out after the 3rd phone call that my cell phone number was not given to the shift change desk clerk. Supposedly this is why I wasn't called back.
Also after my last call to th hotel the clerk told me that they were not using the normal green Embasy Suite shuttle van as their normal van had been wrecked. So I need to look for a white van with Embasy Suites signs on it. Gee that would have been nice to know!
When I was finally picked up the driver told me he driven by 3 times looking for me. The van was white with a 1 foot by 1 foot sign on right front passenger side of the windshield. There was also the same size sign on the rear right side window.
When I arrived at the hotel I suggested to the desk clerk to tell the guests to look for a white van & have a better way of passing on cell phone numbers to the changing shift desk clerks.
I asked the desk clerk about a room upgrade room & received no response back. Gee something small like that would have gone a long ways. Epecially when I was tired, hungry and the restaurant was closed.
My TV in the bedroom must have been old as the picture had spots of color fading in and out on the screen. The living room TV was fine. My guess is that it's time to upgrade their TV's.
Now the good stuff! My room and bathroom was very nice. The hotel bedroom & separate living room was large and the bed was very confortable. I also liked the extra pillows.
At breakfast the next day, OMG it was the best! They had everything you could want. Made order eggs, omelettes or custom pancakes. They also had a hot buffet, cold buffet, all kinds of pastries and fresh fruit. It was a great breakfast and more!
I stayed at the hotel for two days and the rest of the facilities were fine and no hiccups.
Later in the afternoon I stopped at the front desk and spoke to the day front desk manager. & told him about what happened with the shuttle. He apologized and offered to Comp my dinner. I had plans already for dinner & I thanked him. He said he would rectify the problem with the shuttle and told me that when I came to Anchorage again he would upgrade my room.
When I checked out of the hotel I was taken to the airport right away. I like the shuttle on-demand service. Their was no problems with the shuttle back to the airport.
I'm going to ANC April 16th for business and will stay at the Embasy Suites again. The hotel has a good location midtown.
I called the hotel & spoke to the same front desk manager and was given a room upgrade, so hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for being our guest at the Embassy. I am pleased that most of your stay warranted 5 stars but apologize that we failed to deliver the service you expected upon arrival. Superior guest service has been a hallmark of our hotel and your arrival certainly needed better communication on our part. We hope that we will get to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites on a future date.
Sodotna, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The price was a little high but the evening reception & breakfast helped to make up for it! The room was clean and spacious, with a big bathroom. My only compliant would be that the water in the pool was cloudy and the hot tub wasn't hot enough. I'm hoping that was just a fluke though!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Alaskashome, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I appreciate your feedback as we utilize it to make ourselves better. I am pleased we got many things right and will be following up on your comments. Thank you for being our guest.
homer, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The place to lodge when visiting Anchorage. Great beds, room and excellent food that rivals the best local restaurants. The lobby décor really speaks Alaska. Chef Jay is very attentive to details and possesses great culinary skills. The GM hosts a great reception (complimentary) each night and you will always makes new friends while there.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the great comments about your stay here and being our guest over the last few years. I appreciate that you recognized our restaurant and Chef Jay. He and his staff offer an excellent dining experience. We look forward to you being our guest again in the future.
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the Embassy Suites for 3 nights and was very pleased by every aspect of my stay there. The room was large and comfortable, including the bed AND the temperature of the room, which to me always seems to be the trickiest part of a hotel stay. Made to order breakfast was outstanding, as was the evening reception with free drinks at the bar. The bartender (sorry, I forget his name) was great. There are enough restaurants in the area, including within walking distance, for just about any taste you have, from fast food to fine dining. It is also a short drive to downtown and to the airport. Everything was clean and tidy as well, and the front desk staff was fantastic.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Alaskashome, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope that the Embassy provided a good home for you while you were here. Your comments about our breakfast, the bartender and front desk are appreciated. Please join us again in the future.

Been to Embassy Suites Anchorage? Share your experiences!