“Best Embassy I've been to” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
San Diego, California
“Best Embassy I've been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was my second trip to Anchorage and after my less than stellar stay at the Hilton, I choose the Embassy. As with any Embassy, breakfast is included. However; at this property they really know how to cook an omelet. I say that because I've been served some really poor excuses for omelets at Embassy locations around the US. They were loaded with FRESH ingredients and well prepared. I was impressed. The property is very clean. I'm not sure if it's simply new(er), or had a recent facelift, but it was very clean and well appointed. The thing that impressed the most however; was the service. Every single employee I came in to contact with was cheerful and engaging, and was very interested in making sure that I enjoyed my stay. I even received a courtesy call from the front desk on the day before I was checking out to ensure that I had received top notch service and to provide anything else that I might need before departure. I'll be back here on my next trip to Anchorage for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I am elated after reading your review. Your wonderful words encourage and reward the staff. I am very lucky to have a staff full of great people that genuinely care about our guests. I know I speak for the team, when I say that everyone is both proud and pleased that you had such a great experience at the Embassy. We hope to see you next time you come to Alaska.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Soldotna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed for a business trip and was very impressed with the suite and how comfortable it was. The breakfast, service, and conference accommodations were good as well...I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your excellent and concise review. We hope that you will return to the Embassy in the future as our guest once again.
Leander, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had a queen suite. Very spacious and well appointed. Nice toiletries in bathroom, which was large. Great 24/7 shuttle service so we didn't have to rent a car, which saved $. The staff was helpful and courteous. Rate includes made to order breakfast plus buffet choices. Food selection was good but quality was average. Rate also includes complimentary evening cocktails but we didn't take advantage. There are a few restaurants nearby but shuttle ride to downtown is only about 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountain range.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your very good review. It is always nice to hear from another pleased traveler. We hope that you will return to Anchorage and visit us again.
Bartlesville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I travel a lot and have stayed in a variety of hotels over the years. I seldom stay at Embassy Suites. I used Hilton points for two rooms for one night and it cost me 100,000 points. Way too much for the type and quality of hotel. I also stayed an extra night and paid for that and was frustrated that the Sunday night rate went up about $90 from the Saturday night rate. Anyway, the hotel was fine...the rooms were nice and comfortable and the front desk staff were very helpful and cordial. The maintenance guy went out of his way to get me some trash bags as there were no laundry bags in our rooms and we had a bunch of laundry to do. The breakfast was included and had a very good "cooked to order" line. Juice was watery one morning and pastries weren't of high quality. Suggestion: Ask for a room near the elevators. We were put way on the end of the adjoining wing and there is no elevator in that wing so it takes about 5 minutes to get from the lobby to you room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy. I appreciate your comments. Should your travels take you to Alaska again, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here the night we arrived in Anchorage. The check in was busy at 10 pm and it seemed like they were a bit short staffed for a large number of guests checking in, but overall it went smooth. We checked in and headed up to our Suite and it was in perfect clean condition. The suite was quiet and enjoyable. Although it was on the higher end price wise for Anchorage the cost for one night of good sound sleep with made to order breakfast in the morning was well worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We certainly appreciate your feedback and your business. I am pleased that your quality night was well worth the price. We hope to see you again.
Ogden, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Similar experience to other Embassy Suites with the amenitites you know and love. Good location out of downtown, but mere 5 mins away. Note: For those who love the Manager's Reception there is a 2 drink cap.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Suites Anchorage. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back.
Calabasas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed one night before a cruise and wish we had longer to stay. The hotel looked new and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Great free breakfast like all Embassy Suites and it was laid out nicely so you were not on top of everyone else with the exception of the toaster which needs a new location. The evening reception is nice and they even gave me a voucher for my second drink to have later in the evening (unfortunately I did not get to use it!). I have stayed at other Embassy Suites that had a better food spread for the evening reception but it's hard to complain about anything that is free! Large rooms with a good shower and comfortable beds. Very clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I am delighted your stay was excellent. It is always nice to hear good comments about our great staff. I hope that you will be back again in the future.

Been to Embassy Suites Anchorage? Share your experiences!