“Clean but too many kids. Not the place for business.” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
“Clean but too many kids. Not the place for business.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

nice, BUT EVERY KID IN AK SCHOOL SPORTS stays there. Unless you want some school $&!these blowing your nights sleep up, stay here. If you're on actual business stay at the Cook. You won't have some sh&_@y kids ruining it for you

• Stayed March 2013
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Please accept my sincere apology for your discontent with your stay. It is unfortunate that another group can ruin the stay of a guest. I see you gave us very high marks for most aspects of your stay but am distressed that your overall rating was far less enthusiastic. I hope that I can possibly tempt you to return so we can better meet your needs next time. As with every guest we stand fully behind the experience and certainly don’t want any guest feeling disenchanted.

579 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

From check in to check out the staff were friendly and efficient. The decor in the lobby and common areas is beautiful and the suites are very comfortable, clean and well appointed. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the room service items I ordered were and though they took a little longer than I would like they did arrive when I was advised they would. My only grumble would be the fitness center which is not great (it's clean, there are towels, water etc, just not much equipment) but is typical of any Hilton group hotel I've stayed in so far. The pool looked really nice though I didn't use it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Embassy. We certainly look forward to your next visit to our hotel should you return to Alaska.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Not only is this hotel asthetically pleasing on all levels but the staff are excellent as well. I unknowingly left a couple of items at the hotel. One item was left in the business center and another was left in the suite. I was out of the city before I realized I had left these items. I called the front desk a day or so later and spoke to Brittany. She not only was very friendly and professional, but she recovered my items for me and had them waiting for me upon my return several days later. Remarkable job!! Thank you. It's hard to find a work ethic like that anymore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I am glad to hear you found our service to be excellent. That is certainly our goal for every guest. I am lucky to have such great staff as Brittney. We would love to have you come stay with us again the next time you travel to Alaska. Thank you for your kind support of the Embassy Suites.
Riverside California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I know the hotel is more than a year or two old, but it seems completely brand new as it is well taken care of. The interior is beautiful, as are the rooms. The service from the front desk, to the bar/lounge, and restaurant and complimentary breakfast is excellent. The suites are very comfortable and spacious, as are most embassy suites. We more than completely satisfied with our stay. Guests with difficulty walking should request a room close to the elevator at the hotel is extremely long and there are many rooms that are a great distance from the lobby.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I was delighted reading your review. Your kind words and observations are most welcome and important coming from our valuable guests. We were pleased to have you stay with us at the Embassy and we hope to see you return again soon.
Palmer, AK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our family really enjoyed our stay here. The staff are so friendly, the place is really clean and not too old. The pool and hot tub area was the highlight of our stay. The kids spent most of their time in the pool. Very nice workout room right next to the pool. The best part was the breakfast. This was not your little breakfast of cereal and doughuts. It was a hot, cooked to order breakfast and let me tell you, the chef was so fun and how he remembers all those orders is beyond me. It was omeletes, potatoes, blueberry pancakes, bacon, ham, french toast, pastries, cereal, fruit.....etc The kids really enjoyed their breakfast. We really can't recommend this any higher. I would give it a 10 stars if I could. Give it try and no I do not work there or no anyone that does! :) Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: We have quite a few children so we got the king suite room. It was nice with king bed in one room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I am honored after reading your wonderful review. Your enthusiastic words are the reason why many of us are in the hotel field. I am pleased that you enjoyed the many extras we offer our guests. We were happy to accommodate you and we can't wait to see you return to the Embassy.
Rotherham, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a nice, relatively modern hotel located in the midtown district of Anchorage. The rooms are clean and well presented with lots of space. No complaints there. The breakfast is good and we enjoyed freshly made omelette and pancakes along with cereal, coffee and juice. The bar offered two complimentary drinks per guest each night and this was a welcome surprise. There didn't seem to be too much of a limitation of what drink you could order either (I had Alaska Ale and G&T) which makes a change from normal complimentary drinks in Europe.

The only real downside of the hotel is its distance from downtown Anchorage. There is no way that you would want to walk it (and we walk around quite a bit). A taxi costs around $12 each way or there is a shuttle bus every hour up until about 22:00.

A positive for the hotel is the reception staff who were both friendly and efficient. We stayed at the hotel for one night and then returned for another stay a week later. The hotel stored our snowboard and ski bags for the week that we weren't there without question which saved us from lugging them around Alaska unnecessarily.

Room Tip: Go for a room overlooking the mountains for a nice view in the morning. The 4th floor was nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm happy to see that you were able to enjoy so many of our wonderful amenities and comforts. We place a lot of thought into the wishes of the traveler. It's good to see that we got many things right for you. I hope you used our free shuttle service to get to downtown. Please join us again on your next trip to Alaska.
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Excellent hotel with nice rooms and great service throughout, but you will pay for it. This hotel charges about double what most other family oriented hotels charge in Anchorage. Also, they do not have much TV selection for children. No Disney channel and the Nickelodeon channel was not working. The evening reception is nice and the breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: The Clarion Suites and Comfort Suites charge much less and have similar accommodations.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Embassy. I hope your children had the opportunity to enjoy some fresh cooked to order chocolate chip pancakes. I am very sorry that you had difficulties with a TV channel. We appreciate your business and hope that you will consider us in the future.

Been to Embassy Suites Anchorage? Share your experiences!