“This was an awesome stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Palmer, AK
“This was an awesome stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our family really enjoyed our stay here. The staff are so friendly, the place is really clean and not too old. The pool and hot tub area was the highlight of our stay. The kids spent most of their time in the pool. Very nice workout room right next to the pool. The best part was the breakfast. This was not your little breakfast of cereal and doughuts. It was a hot, cooked to order breakfast and let me tell you, the chef was so fun and how he remembers all those orders is beyond me. It was omeletes, potatoes, blueberry pancakes, bacon, ham, french toast, pastries, cereal, fruit.....etc The kids really enjoyed their breakfast. We really can't recommend this any higher. I would give it a 10 stars if I could. Give it try and no I do not work there or no anyone that does! :) Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: We have quite a few children so we got the king suite room. It was nice with king bed in one room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I am honored after reading your wonderful review. Your enthusiastic words are the reason why many of us are in the hotel field. I am pleased that you enjoyed the many extras we offer our guests. We were happy to accommodate you and we can't wait to see you return to the Embassy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Rotherham, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a nice, relatively modern hotel located in the midtown district of Anchorage. The rooms are clean and well presented with lots of space. No complaints there. The breakfast is good and we enjoyed freshly made omelette and pancakes along with cereal, coffee and juice. The bar offered two complimentary drinks per guest each night and this was a welcome surprise. There didn't seem to be too much of a limitation of what drink you could order either (I had Alaska Ale and G&T) which makes a change from normal complimentary drinks in Europe.

The only real downside of the hotel is its distance from downtown Anchorage. There is no way that you would want to walk it (and we walk around quite a bit). A taxi costs around $12 each way or there is a shuttle bus every hour up until about 22:00.

A positive for the hotel is the reception staff who were both friendly and efficient. We stayed at the hotel for one night and then returned for another stay a week later. The hotel stored our snowboard and ski bags for the week that we weren't there without question which saved us from lugging them around Alaska unnecessarily.

Room Tip: Go for a room overlooking the mountains for a nice view in the morning. The 4th floor was nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm happy to see that you were able to enjoy so many of our wonderful amenities and comforts. We place a lot of thought into the wishes of the traveler. It's good to see that we got many things right for you. I hope you used our free shuttle service to get to downtown. Please join us again on your next trip to Alaska.
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Excellent hotel with nice rooms and great service throughout, but you will pay for it. This hotel charges about double what most other family oriented hotels charge in Anchorage. Also, they do not have much TV selection for children. No Disney channel and the Nickelodeon channel was not working. The evening reception is nice and the breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: The Clarion Suites and Comfort Suites charge much less and have similar accommodations.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Embassy. I hope your children had the opportunity to enjoy some fresh cooked to order chocolate chip pancakes. I am very sorry that you had difficulties with a TV channel. We appreciate your business and hope that you will consider us in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is well located, clean, has a great staff, best breakfast in Anchorage. I tried several other hotels around Anchorage through the years but made my home during all my visits now at this hotel. The main reasons always involve location, cleanliness, best breakfast and the afternoon free cocktails.

• Stayed February 2013
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I certainly appreciate your feedback and your business. I am glad that you consider the Embassy your "favorite place to stay". Comments such as that are very much appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.
North Pole, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay. I found the rooms to be very clean, the staff friendly, and the breakfast was amazing (cooked to order omelets and pancakes). The internet was faster than expected.
The only negative was a few late night revelers who made noise at 3am.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am pleased that you enjoy our hotel but feel badly that sometimes other guests can be less than ideal neighbors. I want to thank you for staying with us and assure you that we are anxiously awaiting the chance to welcome you back on a future trip south from North Pole.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was here for 2 weeks and no problems at all. The breakfast was good and the 2 drinks in the afternoon wasnt bad either. I did order from their restaurant and the food was not good. They did comp my dessert. They have a very limited menu .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Embassy. I am pleased that you "had no problems" and were happy with many aspects of your stay, but am not satisfied that we delivered no more than a "3" for your experience rating. We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites in the future and earn a five.
alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights in February 2013. I kept discovering things lacking attention. For instance, two treadmills and all exercise bikes were out of order. The Internet at the business center on all computers was shockingly slow (like wait 20 minutes to simply print a ticket slow). The batteries in the remote control for tv were dead. The hallways were dirty and in need of vacuuming. Found price tags and earrings backs in the room. Service at breakfast was lacking attention (the cook was great, however). The trim in our bedroom was broken and could cut feet. My guess is either the general manager is gone or its off season and no one really cares. Bottom line: sorry, but not a number 1 hotel. Would rather stay at he Diamond Center or even the Courtyard. My hope is that all of this will be fixed before the tourists flock.

• Stayed February 2013
Providing guests with the finest accommodations and personal service is our goal every day and I regret that you were not 100% satisfied. Our hotel team is normally given high reviews by our guests so I was very disappointed to read your comments. Please accept my apology for missing multiple details in your stay. We hope to see you return in the future.

Been to Embassy Suites Anchorage? Share your experiences!