“Great Hotel in Anchorage” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
Thibodaux, Louisiana
“Great Hotel in Anchorage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My favorite place to stay in Anchorage. In a great location for me. Nice free shuttle to many places including the airport, local offices, and Downtown. Rooms are quite nice and large. Food is tasty although a bit of a limited menu. Service is wonderful! I will continue to stay here on all of my Anchorage stays.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I am flattered by your wonderful review. I am pleased you have found our hotel to your liking on multiple occasions and will be returning again. We have a great team here that focuses on guest service and I will pass on your remarks to them. We look forward to your return.

503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The pool was fun for the kids, although every kid in the pool seemed to have a coughing fit at one time or the other. The room was comfortable and the service overall was friendly and efficient. The evening reception was fun and the complimentary breakfast was great. My family really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments and for staying with us. I assure you that we are looking forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon at the Embassy.
Fritz Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Very nice but spendy. Rooms are very clean and like new. Free breakfest is otta this world with food cookes to order by chef on duty.Two free drinks at the managers hour is cool with munchies served also.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am delighted that you had such a great experience at the Embassy Suites Anchorage. It is important to us that you recommend our hotel highly. We hope to see you again in the future.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great location, easy on and off Seward Hwy. Facilities for extending your stay. Always a plus to attend Managers Special at 5:30. Rooms are nice, good value from a business travelers perspective. Can't go wrong with this property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south wing, first floor are quite, closest to busness center, pool, exercise room and l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We are delighted to receive your very nice review and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our many services. We endeavor to meet all our guests expectations and look forward to you returning to the Embassy again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Location is good for business, but it is an Embassy Suits so expect quite a few families and kids.
The rooms are good - comfortable beds, since it is a new hotel. However the service is patchy and hot up to the Hilton standard. The line up for the cooked breakfast was very long on some mornings as there was only one person cooking.

There is a shuttle bus service, but we had several probelms with this - trying to book it or asking the shuttle bus to comfirm a pick up at the hotel seemed to difficult for them to agree or commit to. We tried on three occassions and ended up walking most of the time.

Room Tip: The hotel is on Benson Blvd, which is a busy road and you get quite a bit of road noise in the room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Breakfast flow depends on timing with other guests. We can have surges when an omelet line develops while it may have been without a line for the previous two hours. However, I certainly understand why our guests love the great omelets and pancakes that the chef’s prepare. The multiple food stations ensure that guests can always eat quickly if desired. We will certainly follow up on your shuttle feedback. We hope to welcome you back on a future trip from overseas.
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice for extended visits and been very comfortable. Suites are roomy and kept very clean, buffet breakfast and free drinks and snack reception in the evening a nice touch, especially after a hard day. Staff are generally very friendly and helpful. Free shuttle takes you anywhere in Anchorage and the airport. Only downside is the Pi restaurant, only eat there if you are desperate or too tired to go to the four or five restaurants close by. Good pool and fitness suite.

• Stayed January 2013
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Suites Anchorage. I appreciate that you have taken the time to write an appraisal of your visit and pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We promise that we are constantly striving to improve and I know the Restaurant team will take your comments to heart. We look forward to your return in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I LOVE this hotel. I can not say enough. I stay here all the time. The staff is friendly and helpful, they always remember me. The very best thing is the gourmet buffet breakfast EVERY morning. I can feed my whole entourage to the gills before heading out for the day every time! Our shuttle driver was great, wish I could request him every time. The rooms are perfect whether I have my whole family, friends, just my husband, or alone. The place is clean every time and the price is good. They accept a huge variety of discount codes (you'd be surprised if you asked) and they are a Hilton honors hotel. I would never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed December 2012
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites Anchorage, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I was delighted reading your review and I love your headline. Your very kind words and valuable observations say a great deal coming from a frequent visitor. We were happy to welcome you and hope to see you return again to our doors again soon.

Been to Embassy Suites Anchorage? Share your experiences!