“A place to stay, especially for a while.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X Points
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Anchorage
Aberdeen, Scotland
“A place to stay, especially for a while.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice for extended visits and been very comfortable. Suites are roomy and kept very clean, buffet breakfast and free drinks and snack reception in the evening a nice touch, especially after a hard day. Staff are generally very friendly and helpful. Free shuttle takes you anywhere in Anchorage and the airport. Only downside is the Pi restaurant, only eat there if you are desperate or too tired to go to the four or five restaurants close by. Good pool and fitness suite.

• Stayed January 2013
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Suites Anchorage. I appreciate that you have taken the time to write an appraisal of your visit and pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We promise that we are constantly striving to improve and I know the Restaurant team will take your comments to heart. We look forward to your return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I LOVE this hotel. I can not say enough. I stay here all the time. The staff is friendly and helpful, they always remember me. The very best thing is the gourmet buffet breakfast EVERY morning. I can feed my whole entourage to the gills before heading out for the day every time! Our shuttle driver was great, wish I could request him every time. The rooms are perfect whether I have my whole family, friends, just my husband, or alone. The place is clean every time and the price is good. They accept a huge variety of discount codes (you'd be surprised if you asked) and they are a Hilton honors hotel. I would never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed December 2012
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I was delighted reading your review and I love your headline. Your very kind words and valuable observations say a great deal coming from a frequent visitor. We were happy to welcome you and hope to see you return again to our doors again soon.
Katherine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Front desk staff were very professional and friendly and didn't hesitate to check us in when we arrived much earlier than anticipated. The hotel is conveniently located; close to shopping, restaurants, cinema etc. The only area where service could possibly improve is perhaps the attitude of the breakfast staff. Arrived at breakfast at 9am, not realising that breakfast closed at 9am. Although there were many tables still eating, we were promptly turned away. Would have been nice to be able to a least grab a pastry to eat on the way out but not so. Overall though, a great hotel and we would highly recommend it to others.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. I am very pleased that you your stay was excellent. I am sorry that the breakfast servers did not offer the hospitality that I would expect from anyone on the staff. We truly appreciate your business and hope that you will consider Embassy Suites for your future stays in Anchorage.
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are great. They are clean. The breakfast are the best I have had at an Embassy Suites. The airport shuttle was nice and a great to have a free shuttle. The staff are very nice. Well worth the money.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
It means a great deal that you recommend our hotel so highly. I am lucky to have a staff of great people who care about our guests. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you return again soon.
Kilauea, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed there twice for one night on our way home from fishing trips. Shuttle service is great with pick up at the airport & return. THis hotel is not close to the airport and the shuttle stops at other properties. Staff at the front desk are very professional. We were dalayed 45 minutes when checking in but they more than made up for it with a room upgrade. The lobby is awesome. The rooms are very large and each bedroom has its own bath & TV. The breakfast is good but get the freshly made omlette from the omlette station cooked by the chef as you wait instead of the stuff thats sitting around. One thing that could be improved is the amount of freezer space for the guest. They have a small chest freezer that could be filled by several guests, It probally holds around 8 fish boxes. In fact we had to take our fish back to the airport to get it frozen. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for the great comments on our hotel. Our team is happy that you find our suites comfortable and our breakfast service terrific. I am sorry that our freezer space can be full when we have numerous fisherman carrying fish pass through. We hope to see you on your next visit to Alaska.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The hotel and amenities were great. However, Christmas night we took the kids to the pool and the front desk employee, Doug, was terribly rude and unprofessional. He wouldn't allow our children in the swimming area even though it was 15 minutes until the cut off time. We tried going anyway but he confronted us again. Honestly, it's Christmas night and the main reason we chose this hotel was because of the swimming pool. Rude service

• Stayed December 2012
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Providing guests with the finest accommodations and personal service is our goal every day and I regret that you were not 100% satisfied. I am pleased that most aspects of your stay were highly enjoyable but very sorry that an experience with a staff member was anything less than wonderful. Our Front Desk team is normally given rave reviews by our guests so am suprised to see your comments. Please accept my apology. We hope to see you return in the future.
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My family of five stayed here on a quick stopover to catch a cruise ship. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite! Very nice, clean and comfortable. We have stayed at many Embassy Suites and this one by far had the best breakfast EVER!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
embassyanch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond through TripAdvisor about your summer stay. I am pleased to receive your sterling recommendation of our breakfast. I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy one of our morning chef's excellent omeletes. We look forward to your return to Alaska and the Embassy.