The hosts were very nice and the hotel was spotlessly clean. The breakfasts were lovely with fresh fruit salad, baguette, croissants, cold meats and cheese. When I asked if there was any apricot jam the owner went and bought some which I thought was excellent customer service. We also got great advice for days out and the owners arranged a massage for us at the hotel.
There were only two things that I thought
1) Plastic pillow protectors are cheap for a hotel at this level. I woke up half way through the first night to find my head in a pool of sweat, lo and behold I discovered the pillow protectors below the pillow case were plastic. We use pillow protectors at home that are made of cotton, they need washing once a month and the hotel should change to cotton ones. The human body emits 30% of its heat through the head, plastic is not harmonious!
The hotel is owned by a lovely German couple and the hotel is set up to be a German home from home. If the owners want to appeal more to English couples I would recommend:
1) Automatically putting English/American style pillows in rooms for those guests. The hotel only needs a few for those visitors. Massive square German pillows are fairly unique to only a few countries now. Having travelled the world I cannot think of any 4or 5* hotels that do not automatically put English/American pillows in rooms for guests of those nationalities.
2) A 9:00 to 9:30 breakfast slot is a little tight!
3) With light curtains and no blinds it was very light in our room from sunrise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Petit Hotel is a charmingly restored villa that was originally a winery built in 1810. It consists of five guest rooms each with individual atmosphere. Open kitchen/breakfast/lounge area, two large sun terraces, the one on the ground floor with a heated 14m long swimmingpool and summer kitchen/BBQ. Each room has balcony or terrace, carefully selected furnishings, TV, airconditioning/heating, comfortable beds, bathroom with underfloor heating, Italian shower and WC, HighSpeed WiFi throughout. All interior areas are non-smoking, pets on request. Garage parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Petit Hotel Marseillan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.