“long-standing local resource” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Seattle
“long-standing local resource”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Three hungry people in search of food after a movie enjoyed delicious crepes and consumed far more than we'd planned on! Both the buckwheat crepes and the regular ones are light, though the fillings are, um, quite filling; nonetheless we made room for a shared dessert crepe too. The main Saturday evening rush was over, but the servers in this tiny restaurant in Seattle's Ravenna district didn't hurry us and were even kind enough to serve the split option on separate plates. We'll go back.

Visited February 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Euro Bistro Autheticity and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had the itch for some French wines and Crepe and I was actually amazed to see that the place has gotten even better sellection of wine and introduced true French specials.
I give this a 4.5-5 stars cause service which was a bit lacking before is now gotten excellent. I Had the lamb shank cooked in wine and rose-Mary served in an open crepe..first I ever had a crepe and Lamb marriage lol. I had to admit it was great...
good French wines had the Pinot Noir - forgot the name but it was French from the Cote du Rhonne region.
place was intimate and reminiscant of Paris "rive gauche" restaurant. the place deserves a come back again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“A family favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Awesome crepes and a cozy, friendly atmosphere. Menu offers crepes for all palettes. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle Wa
“Innovative Crepes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have eaten at The Crepe Cafe several times. The place is intimate and romantic. The offerings are well thought out by the chef. On the menu are nine dinner crepes with interesting names such as Blame it on Rio. They often have additions that are posted on the blackboard. Last night I chose the special, the Spanish Crepe. Prepared with chorizo, tomatoes and more. Their onion soup is also very good. To finish the night, they also have an assortment of sweet crepes.
The one detraction I find is that their beer offerings is quite limited.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“Good crepes, but overall not the best experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

My mom and I went for the first time recently because we had a Groupon. We had read some positive reviews and were really looking forward to it. The restaurant is small. There are approx 9 tables and 4-5 places at the bar. Because the Groupon was expiring soon, the place was full 30 mins after we arrived (except for 2 tables that were waiting for reservations). Now I would assume the management at the restaurant would know this would happen and be prepared for it. They were not.

We ordered 2 crepes and a glass of wine. That was it. It took an over 45 minutes to get our food. They only had two people making crepes. When the table next to us got served, one of the crepes that came out was the wrong one. The guy at that point didn’t care because he was so hungry and had been waiting for so long.

We ordered the mushroom medley and the Westchester to split. The mushroom medley was our favorite. I would order that again. The Westchester was good but not great.

We put our order in for our dessert crepe early because we noticed everything was taking so long and didn’t want to wait another 45 mins for dessert. We ordered the special Peaches and Crème. It still took awhile to get it. The Peaches & Crème was just okay and could have been better. The peaches were not ripe and not cooked long enough. The peaches were cut lengthwise and probably should have been chopped up more so that more peaches could have been in the crepe. I would not order that again.

Overall our waitress was very nice. The crepe prices range from $13-18. It’s a little pricier than I would have expected for what we got. The food was good, not great. They do have ½ price bottles of wine on Tuesday, which seems like a great idea too. We did spend an hour and a half there and by the end we just wanted to leave. I’m not sure I will be back again.

• Visited October 2011