“Superb chinese food served at speed of light” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Star Seafood Restaurant
516 S Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98104-2829 (Downtown)
206-622-8801
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
seattle
“Superb chinese food served at speed of light”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

I am not sure why I don't frequent this restaurant as much as it deserves to be. Every time I eat there, I make a mental notation to myself to go back soon. Maybe because it is not in the heart of the ID or perhaps the parking is a challenge at times. The truth is New Star serves fantastic Chinese food and trust me, I would know. The deep fried fish nugget (not sure what the official name is, just ask the server) is delicious and waitress told me it is one of their most popular dishes. The batter is very light and does not overshadow the fish itself. The diced garlic and chili pepper sprinked over the fish also adds to its flavor. The marinated, salty chicken is a great appetizer to start off for your meal. I am so impressed with how nice the serving staff is these days. I have vivid and horrible memory of nasty serving staff at Chinese restuarants from my childhood. I think many of the area's Chinese restaurants have come a long way in training their staff. The serving staff here are very pleasant and so patient in answering questions. The last time I was there, the place was pretty busy as this was a weekend night and yet the food was served at the speed of light. Not surprisingly, there is not that much to comment regarding the atmosphere but the place is comfortable and clean. The price is great for the amount of food served. Overall, this restaurant is worth a trip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere