“Greatest little pies in the NOrthwest” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #636 of 3,088 Restaurants in Seattle
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
indiana
“Greatest little pies in the NOrthwest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Loved the atomosphere. It was soooo Pacific Northwest. Great pub with great food. We had to wait quite awhile for our order, but it was worth it. Pies are varied and even a vegetarian one is offered. Pies are on the small side, but they are incredibly delicious, rich , and worth the wait. Servers are friendly and helpful. Overall a great Seattle experience for a midwesterner.

• Visited December 2011

So. King County, Washington
“I have never given five stars ... until now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

This past Saturday, I had the most delightful experience at Seattle's Pies and Pints. Friends had recommended it as a cozy place to get a pot pie and a fine beer, so I purchased the LivingSocial deal and set my sights.

My ultimate frisbee team and I played a tournament up at Magnuson, so we swung by postgame. It was about 5 PM on a Saturday evening, and we lucked out -- the staff helped us move tables & chairs to accommodate our "seat yourself" group, no hesitation, no blinking. [It's nice not to be made to feel guilty!]

Our drink order happened very fast, the food came after a reasonable wait, and my oh my it was worth waiting for. I started with the spinach and artichoke dip appetizer, with crostini delicately garnished with red peppers and artistically arranged. The dip was DELISH. Then I moevd into the steak and potato pie with the spinach salad + warm balsamic vinaigrette. The one think I didn't love was the dressing running into the bottom of my pie, but I ate it up anyhow [are you kidding me?! yum]

The beer selection was formidable, and the mac and cheese side dish hugely popular. Creamy, hot, succulent. The poutine was awesome, and there was a fabulous horseradish aioli [I think it was horseradish] served with the sweet potato pies. The Spinach and Feta pie was consumed, as was the Indian, the lamb ... we really made our rounds.

When it came to the bill, our server was extremely accommodating in helping us figure our individual payments. He definitely earned the mandatory 18% already tacked on and definitely the extra tip!

I can't wait to go back. Seriously!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“A new twist on the traditional POT PIE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I love pot pies and this local place serves them with a delicious twist. Sure there are the traditional versions, and then they get creative. You can also try salads and soups Try this place,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh yea, and they have a great beer selection

• Visited September 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Great little local joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The pot pie and a side is a deal at $9.95. The pot pies tend toward the small side but are rich and can be ordered with mashed potatoes/gravy/bacon, etc. They use local beef, a major selling point for me. The vegetarian curry pot pie is surprisingly delicious. The house salad and sweet potato fries (add $1) are the best sides. For a place with "pints" in the title the draft selection could be better but there are a couple good ones. Entertainment is sometimes very good too. Just be aware that service is not that great and on a busy night you could wait an hour for your food.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montana
“LOVE THIS PLACE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Delicious food, cheap drinks, cozy atmosphere, great waitstaff... what more could you ask for. They also have a "Mac of the day", where they feature a different mac and cheese everyday. How can you go wrong? I will be back next and each time I am in Seattle.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere