“Take Me Home To Philly!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tat's Deli

Tat's Deli
159 Yesler Way, Seattle, WA 98104 (Downtown)
206-264-8287
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Downtown
Hansville
“Take Me Home To Philly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Although it's been nearly 30 years since I lived on the East Coast, I still occassionally yearn for a good Philly Cheese Steak or a good Hoagie, which is hard to find in these parts. I'm happy to report that Tat's is a great local source to satisfy those cravings

Because of the favorable reviews found on this site, I drove over from the Kitsap pennensula and drove way out of my way, just to try the joint. And, man, am I glad I did! I arrived about 2:00 pm on a Monday and escaped the long line at the counter. I was warmly greeted by the young man at the counter, who cheerfully elaborated all of the choices of cheeses, peppers (hot and sweet),mushrooms and onions that could be added to the Philly Cheese Steak that I ordered.

The sandwich turned out great - juicy and messy and full of flavor. The bread was wonderful. I was more like the east coast bread that I rememember: Tasty, with a little resistance that could stand up to the juiciness of the ingredients without getting excessively soggy. Most places in the NW use largely tasteless "air bread" that falls apart after contact with anything juicy.

While this Philly Cheese Steak may not have been the very best in my long memory, the one I got at Tat's Deli came pretty darn close - certainly better than I've found anywhere else in the NW. I can hardly wait to return to try some of their numorous offerings. I'm sure they will be equally good.

• Visited July 2013
tatsdeli, Owner at Tat's Deli, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks for the great review...that's why we started this place!

My recommendation...next up: Tatsrami then Italian Hoagie.

Let us know what you think.

97% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“Top Notch Cheesesteak Outside of Philly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I split a cheesesteak sandwich with my sister for lunch. An hour later, it still weighs heavy and all I can think about is taking a nap. But boy was it good in the act of consumption. I'd give the place a 4-4 1/2 stars. Got the cheesesteak with wiz and everything on it. Pretty comparable to the real deal cheesesteaks in Philly. Highly recommended. Got there a little before noon which was a good idea because the line was out the door when we left.

Visited June 2013
tatsdeli, Owner at Tat's Deli, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks for stopping in Alan....and thanks for the review!

Don't forget you can check our 'Line Cam' to time your visit at lunch here...

See you again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Huge Portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Short walk from Pioneer Square - portion sizes are quite large, an 8" sandwich can easily be shared, especially if you also order fries.

If possible, do your homework and take a look at the menu before you get there because the sandwich selection is quite large and the staff is ready to take your order the minute you walk in the door.

• Visited June 2013
tatmanb, Owner at Tat's Deli, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thanks for the review CaliPel....

We are mostly all Bark and no Bite when it comes to ordering. East Coast deli with a West Coast Attitude!

Glad you enjoyed the food and hope to see you again!

Toronto, Canada
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were walking around Seattle and decided to stop at Tat's for lunch.
I had the turkey cajun sandwich, and my girlfriend had the club, both were great, we were so full that we couldn't order any more from what looked like a great menu.
Service was quick and friendly, I'd go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
tatmanb, Owner at Tat's Deli, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thanks Bbbrad...glad you guys enjoyed!

Hope to have you back again,

New York City, New York
“best Philly Cheesesteak ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

excellent sandwich joint; went there twice and had the Philly Cheesesteak again which was unbelievable good (bread crispy, meat perfectly cooked, sweet onions, choose between several cheeses and peppers), their slaw is also worth tasting (must be a sort of a mustard dressing)

• Visited June 2013
tatmanb, Owner at Tat's Deli, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thanks for the review CCC....Always good to hear positives from NYC. Tough crowd to please...a lot like Philly folks!

Hope to see you in Seattle again soon!