“Comfortable & Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seattle Hill House B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Seattle Hill House B & B
You added Seattle Hill House B & B to your Saves list
1113 E John St., Seattle, WA 98102 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)   |
Ranked #12 of 36 Seattle B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Comfortable & Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

The owner, Leanne, has created a warm, relaxed, friendly environment where guests feel well cared for. My daughter & I stayed there and enjoyed the visit. We made new friends over breakfast with other guests. I could easily walk to Volunteer Park with shopping along the way. I will return.

Room Tip: I liked the Blue Room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

And I know the secret of what makes them so creamy, although I won't give it away here.

I've stayed at Hill House on 3 separate occasions, and I've kept coming back because it's such a warm, welcoming environment in a location that cannot be beat. The breakfasts are large and filling. Besides the aforementioned egg dish, Leanne will sometimes make a cherry crisp that lingers in my memory as one of the most delectable cobblers I've ever tasted. The visual presentation of all Hill House breakfasts, no matter who's in the kitchen, is flawless.

Although she's a Northern gal, Leanne understands and embodies the spirit of true Southern hospitality. She's helpful and informative to each guest, and takes an equal interest in both the newbies and the ones who, like me, have returned often enough to seem like family.

Have I mentioned that the beds are extremely comfy and that you will sleep like a dream? Assuredly, you will.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

My girlfriend and I have stayed in many B&B's, but none can compare to the Seattle Hill House--in price, food, and especially service. The day begins with a wonderful breakfast that is a feast for the eyes as well as the palate. Prepared by a professional Chef, it is served in courses. The menu is unique with an emphasis on quality and fine presentation. Not once were we disappointed. We awoke each morning in anticipation of the gourmet breakfast that awaited us.

Our room was comfortable, clean and tastefully decorated. In fact, the entire place--a turn of the century house--reeked of charm with old fashioned elegance. The spacious sitting room was especially inviting: a great place to read, relax and take in the ambiance of a stylish home, complete with antiques and lace curtains. Leanne, the owner, and her staff were gracious and made us feel as though we were old friends. Definitely a place we would recommend for one night or many.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Spacious, comfortable rooms in a pair of well-maintained Victorian houses, a delightful hostess and to-die-for breakfasts made us wonder why we'd ever want to stay in a hotel if a B&B of this quality and value is available.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Leanne and the staff of the Seattle Hill House provided the ultimate in hospitality, and comfort. Leanne's professionalism was evident from start to finish. As a consumate host, her concern for our comfort was evident from our initial contact to the final day of our visit. In addition, breakfast was always a much anticipated start to our day. We looked forward to sharing interesting conversation and delectable food presentations. We were never disappointed! We look forward to returning to Seattle Hill House and would encourage others to share in this delightful experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I called ahead and said I had a late flight and they arranged to have a key hidden for me. That was the end of the hospitality. Chack out time is a rigid 11:00 am even though I asked ahead for a late check out. There was no way to get the internet so I missed getting any work done. When I called the number listed on a display on the dressing table, I got a former manager who hadn't worked there for 4 months and she didn't remember the code for the wireless either. Not recommeded for people travellin on business. I think these other comments must be older when the owners were more personally involved with the business...I know I won't be returning

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
seattlehillhouse, Owner at Seattle Hill House B & B, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Although we respect and appreciate all reviews as they help us identify our strong points AND things we may need to improve, we would like to say that this particular traveller was told of checkout time upon making the reservation AND was also told that we could not accommodate a later checkout as we were completely booked for the upcoming weeks and another traveller had already booked the room.
His key was left with instructions on how to enter, room location, breakfast time, number of onsite housekeeper if needed and the password to the wifi connection- a standard letter for late night arrivals.
We wish that he would not have encountered the problem he did,yet, at this point with all information left for him in advance, are not sure what we could have done differently.n
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We just loved our stay at Seattle Hill House Bed and Breakfast.
Our room was delightful - historic, neat as a pin, and offering all the amenities.

Our breakfast was so wonderful! We were amazed that it came in courses, was served with aplomb by our welcoming hostess, and was a gourmet treat!

Thank you so much for this remarkable experience. Although we were "just passing through" we found ourselves wishing we could had planned a longer stay!

Leilani and Ivan Holmes: San Diego

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Seattle Hill House B & B? Share your experiences!