“All aboard for the best place in Seattle!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Summer Savings
Ranked #3 of 37 Seattle B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“All aboard for the best place in Seattle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I could rave about this place forever- but, as everyone else has already, there seems little point. So I'll keep this sort and sweet.
Our room was more like an apartment - so spacious, comfy furniture, lovely kitchen, great bedroom and humungous shower! (My wife said she would have loved a bath, too).
The best surprise, however, was the "help yourself" fridge at the bottom of the stair which is always fully stocked with softdrinks, cheeses, ice-cream etc. There was also free wine (Australian!), cereals, fruit, muesli bars etc.
We chose to have a breakfasts delivered to our room and they were so sumptuous.
The B&B is close to the Zoo and a pleasant drive into Seattle (a wonderful city). We couldn't speak more highly of the Chelsea Station. It was a highlight of our 6-week road trip down the West Coast and Mid West.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I grew up about 2 miles from Chelsea Station so that was part of the fun of it for me - toodling around the old neighborhood. That was really nice. I got to play tour guide for my girlfriend who is from another country and didn't know her way around.

The suite was spacious. Things that we needed were already in it... silverware, coffee, tea, bottle opener, popsicles, a selection of beverages, snacks, real Coca-Cola, and good wine! Loved the zoo. 10 minutes to our favorite restaurant in downtown. Right down to the very detail of one of my favorite CDs being in the CD player. I had brought a copy myself, but hadn't needed to. I got lucky there, and that music isn't for everyone, but it was great for me! And the shower! What can I say about the shower?! It was fabulous! The place is clean and nicely restored. The sinks in the bathrooms were great. Some of this might sound silly, but what can I say, other than we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! If it hadn't have been 30 degrees out, we would have made full use of the wonderful patio equipped with a fire pit, hot tub, and two gas grills!

Travis and Patricia

Room Tip: All the rooms are identical except for the difference of being on either the first or second floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Fantastic time at this b&b. great set up. Plenty of space to spread out, luxurious amenities (rain shower, greeted with wine and chocolates, delicious stuffed French toast in the morning). Stayed with my husband and parents and felt like royalty! Highly recommend for anyone looking for a gourmet stay. You'll leave feeling refreshed!

Room Tip: All have an identical setup. Can't lose
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is absolutely the best B&B at which we have stayed! Beautiful, very spacious and comfortable. Nice, quiet, safe location right next to the zoo and very close to Green Lake. The breakfasts were incredible! We have stayed at many B&Bs over the years and I have never felt I needed to write a review (I don't review places I don't like!). We stayed three nights and were not dissappointed. We arrived rather late and were happy to find restaurant menus available for ordering in, as well as a fridge, plates, silverware and coffee makings. It was wonderful to have the small kitchen. The pantry and fridge downstairs were well stocked and an excellent idea that made our stay so much more comfortable. Also the complimentary wine on the second floor was a nice touch. Very, very clean and very friendly staff. We were able to have breakfast in our suite, which for me was a very nice touch and made it that much more comfortable. Breakfast was always on time and beautifully presented. I highly recommend this B&B.

As for feedback to the owner, just a couple suggestions that in no way should be taken as a "mark down" on the place. 1. Consider covers for the breakfast trays so the food stays hot longer, especially when serving eggs, they cool off quickly :-). 2. And I don't know if this can be helped, but the wonderful innkeepers were a bit noisy first thing in the morning while prepraring breakfast and we were usually woken up when they came in. I understand older houses are not as insulated, so there may not be a solution for this, but thought I would mention it.
All in all an exceptional place to stay!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was perhaps our third or fourth visit to Chelsea Station and it is always consistently wonderful. The suite is comfortable and roomy, I really can't think of anything that was missing and the special touches are many: the cookies on arrival; the already prepared coffee machine; the very comfortable (if slightly narrow) bed and pillows; everything necessary to dine in; the fabulous breakfasts (thank heavens for the "small portion" option on the breakfast sheet to be filled out the night before, but with large portions you could easily skip lunch); extra blankets; steam iron and ironing board. The second "guest" bathroom is a real luxury. My sisters live in Seattle and it is nice to have them over for a change. The "innkeepers" are kind and courteous, the decor is modern, but warm, a wonderful experience and a pleasure to return to every time. There was a bit of noise sometimes early in the morning, there was a young child we were told, but this was only for a few days of our stay. I chose a downstairs suite because we had a large amount of luggage. I would recommend Chelsea Station to everyone.

Room Tip: If noise is a real issue, choose one of the 2 suites on the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We only live a few miles away, we are in the service industry, and this is where we chose to take our mini vacation every Christmas season. The suites are comfortable, with modern amenities (a shower to die for), and old world charm and service that makes you wish you could just stay forever. An open snack and wine bar in the evening and an excellent breakfast in the morning make for a truly quality getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Though I travel frequently I am reluctant to stay at B&Bs for three reasons I expect are common. First, I do not always want to converse with lodge proprietors and fellow guests (despite the fact that I have many close friends I met while traveling.)Second, I don't always want to get dressed early in the morning to have breakfast with others. Third, occasionally the furnishings of B&Bs are often more precious than practical. I recently stayed at Chelsea Station which allayed all my concerns. Check in was all arranged in advance so your room key is waiting in an envelope on the front door upon arrival. The delicious breakfast can be brought to one's room. The large suites are not only beautiful but practical as well. The management person we briefly conversed with was very helpful and friendly. The one and a half bathrooms per suite were a real luxury. Whether you are a big fan of B&Bs or have been leery of trying one I highly recommend Chelsea Station.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Chelsea Station? Share your experiences!