“Almost beyond belief” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 37 Seattle B&B and Inns
Morristown, New Jersey
“Almost beyond belief”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is one of those rare instances where the reality is better than the web site. After I settled in and sat in the living room sipping a glass of the complimentary microbrew from the downstairs pantry (and after having passed up the Haagen Daz, Perrier, red wine, white wine, root beer, salty snacks, sweet snacks, fruit and... regular bottled water) I called home. I told my wife I was suspicious there might be a catch. How can such a large, homey, well-equipped suite cost the same as the sterile hotel rooms in other parts of the city? The one caveat: a 2-week cancellation policy, though I understand why a 4-suite B&B has to do this. (I should mention, though, that the only reason I got in was because someone cancelled their reservation. I asked the Chelsea Station person if they'd be refunding that unfortunate person's money, and she said Yes. So kudos to Chelsea Station for that.)

The thoughtful touches are everywhere and are too numerous to list - but start with the "surround shower" in the bathroom... the MAIN bathroom, that is, since there are two of them. Also: two nice cookies on arrival, a kitchen with an assortments of tea and whole-bean coffee (a grinder is provided), as well as a real drip coffee maker (not one of those little plastic ones they provide in motels) which has a note saying, "It's filled with coffee already, just press the button". And how about a stereo playing soft classical music when you walk in... plus a CD player with CD's? And the "featured CD" is Pink Martini?!

Bottom line: Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Suites 3 and 4 are on the top (second) floor. I slightly prefer those for their privacy.... though t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
San Marcos, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We recently spent four nights here and loved the place. The décor, amenities, location, service, and breakfasts were beyond expectation. Abbey and Heather are excellent cooks and were so warm and accommodating. The wooden floors reminded me of my childhood home. Loved the comfortable bed and the spacious two headed shower. The thick cotton bath robes were a nice cozy touch. The evening wine made for a nice wind down of the day. Enjoyed opening the windows to enjoy the nice cool seasonal breeze. Thanks to the owner for having an eye for detail. The place lacked for nothing. We'll be back. Many Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

They paid close attention to our dietary restrictions by serving a superb breakfast each day. As others mention, the space is well appointed and the amenities are first class. The location was perfect for our visit. We look forward to a return visit next summer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

This is an example for all B&Bs to follow! All the comforts of home and then some! Breakfasts were delicious and delivered right to the room! No checking in or out just come and go as you please! It is like an old friend upon first meeting. I will be back and will never stay elsewhere!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bellingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Chelsea Station more than once and each time I have had a restful and special time. Sometime with friends when all the amenities have given us a welcome place to enjoy each other - sometimes just with my husband, we both love it - and once alone during an intense work experience. Each time I was grateful for the quiet, gracious environment and the thoughtful details. Perfect location. Highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I needed a place for just one night, as I was headed into the Fremont district of Seattle to hear a friend's concert at the Fremont Abbey Arts Center. The Chelsea Station folks were very accommodating, as they usually require a two-night minimum, and let me stay for just the one night.
What a great find! I live about two hours from Seattle, and didn't want to drive home late at night after the concert..I will definitely be back!
Great bed, and huge accommodations....super helpful and friendly staff, incredible breakfast -which I took in my suite- and the wine when I arrived was top-notch.
Such a 180 from the downtown business hotel I originally thought I'd be staying in. Can't wait to bring my husband on the next trip into the city.

Room Tip: I stayed in rm.#4, which is on the top floor, southeast side. Didn't hear a peep from any other...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Westlake Village, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was the best B&B we have ever stayed at. Very comfortable and full privacy. The elegant rooms were like a Four Seasons hotel. The staff is so friendly and accomodating and they prepared the most delicious breakfast and the wine opened in the evening was 'High End' from boutique wineries. We didn't want to leave after 4 days. My daughter lives in the area and there was plenty of room to entertain them in the living room and kitchen. 5 Star, the absolute best!!!

Room Tip: From what I can tell, all the rooms were great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Chelsea Station? Share your experiences!