“Christmas in the old neighborhood” 5 of 5 stars

Spring Savings
Ranked #3 of 36 Seattle B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington, United States
“Christmas in the old neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I grew up on Phinney Ridge and wanted to spend a couple of days around Chistmas reliving those times and memories of home. My wife was a little hesitant having no direct ties to the area, but I assured her she would enjoy the location. Chelsea Station was everything I could ask for and more. Great restaurants, classic architecture, Woodland park, and the Phinney, Fremont, and Wallingford neighborhoods all within a couple of miles. We never had to get back in the car. The room was spacious, with 2 bathrooms, large and comfy bedroom, and a kitchenette for snacks, coffee, beer, ect. (all complimentary). Breakfast was served when and how requested, either in room or with others, and was delicious. I've never been a big fan of B&Bs, due to the extra cost and lack of privacy, but Chelsea Station is an incredible value, and we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. I foresee the start of an annual Christmas tradition for us.

Room Tip: Room 3 has nice view of the park.
Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Everything was excellent!! The suite is huge, the attention to detail, making one feel so welcomed, and the incredible breakfasts are just some of the wonderful memories we have of Chelsea Station. There is also complimentary wine/beer/snacks which was such a nice addition to everything else. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
West linn, Oregon, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The room was spacious, and the bed VERY COMFORTABLE. We were traveling with a friend who used the sofa bed. The nice part: he had his own 1/2 bathroom! We enjoyed the complimentary wine/beer/snacks when we checked in, and the breakfast the next morning was outstanding. It's a bit off the beaten path, but worth the effort!
I've already recommended this place to 4 of my friends!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

A fairly consistent business traveler, I usually stay in the name brand hotels, both to rack up my points and to take advantage of my various member perks. (Sometimes they'll even give you free bottled water and internet access.) Well, I'll no longer be racking up those points in Seattle because I found my new home away from home, which offers so much more than those points will ever do for me!! The Chelsea Station Inn is much more than I expected!

I walked in to a beautifully appointed apartment, with every detail met. Clean, convenient and welcoming, I enjoyed the fresh baked cookies, the lovely wine bar, soft and comfortable bedding (where can I buy these, by the way??), and the ability to grab some snacks in the pantry. Breakfast was very good and I loved the French press coffee!

Did I mention the kitchen? Not only did my apartment have a separate living room, dining room and guest bath (how many hotels have a dining room and guest bath??), there was a beautiful kitchen as well. I didn't think I was going to need to use the kitchen at first, but found myself there making coffee (could have made tea, if I drank that - there was a nice selection), reading through the travel books and flipping through the various to-go menu's at hand. The master bath... While there was no bath tub, the oversized shower was gorgeous and relaxing - rain shower and detatched hand shower included!

Absolutely recommend, just please don't stay there when I want to stay, because I'd hate to not get in!

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are similarly appointed, but there are steps to consider - you walk up some...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

If not, we don’t want to tell you about Chelsea Station Inn. We’ve tried other Seattle accommodations, but this one is so special that we’d like to keep it a secret. You can’t beat its location – across from the zoo. Its space is unrivaled. More than a bedroom and shared public spaces you get in most B&B’s, for comparable money, you get a beautifully furnished living room, dining area, bedroom, master bath, powder room, and kitchen. There are delicious and healthy breakfasts and extra amenities – lux toiletries, fluffy towels, sophisticated showers, comfy beds, and large flat-screen TV. If you can’t keep a secret, you don’t need to know about the afternoon wine service or the guest refrigerator that’s loaded with juices, ice creams bars, soft drinks, yogurt, and beer. We don’t want to tell you any of this because there are just four rooms and you’ll probably make a reservation the same time we want to go and we won’t get in to our favorite Seattle accommodation. Keep it a secret and we’ll both get in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I do a lot of traveling and I rarely write reviews but I just had to write this because I loved the Chelsea Station so much.
I was recently in a wedding party and most of the Bride's Maids and the Groom's family had the pleasure of staying two days and nights in this most pleasurable B and B. Staying at the Chelsea made being in a wedding a wonderful experience. It is lovely, spacious, modern and so comfortable! The Chelsea took so much stress off of all the running around and craziness we had to deal with that weekend by not only providing a wonderful breakfast (I am gluten free and they had gluten free bread for me!) but the pantry is stocked 24hrs a day with hearty goodies to keep us fed and sane. In addition, I know we made a huge mess everyday with all the hair and makeup etc but they kept the rooms clean and tidy and organized with a smile. Oh and let's not forget how great it is to have a lot of girls and two bathrooms.
It was so easy to gather in the room with all of the guests(after hours) being that it's not just a hotel room it's an apartment.
I can't wait to come back to Seattle and when I do I am staying at the Chelsea again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed here while in town for work but I really felt like I wasn't on work travel, I was escaping home. Beautiful home decor and very clean. No sloppy workmanship in the house (If you don't believe me check the paint on the kitchen corners, a tell-tale spot). On the drive in, the neigborhood looked sketchy but the actual area is lovely. I stayed in Suite 1 which was very large as it included a living room, bedroom, full bath, half bath, mini kitchen and dining area. The bedroom doesn't have a tv in it, which I thought would be an issue but turned out to be fine. Also, no bathtub but the glass shower was lovely. Instructions were very clear about breakfast (which was delicious) and accessing wifi. Better instructions could be provided for the TV such a channel listing, and for some reason the remote only worked when standing RIGHT IN FRONT of the TV. I loved the options of free snacks. Ample neighborhood parking and a great place to go for a walk. I had an idea that it would be great if they offered a bike to ride around in the pedestrian-friendly neighborhood but maybe that's a liability. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Chelsea Station? Share your experiences!