“Positive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Art of the Table

Art of the Table
1054 N 39th St, Seattle, WA 98103-7921 (Fremont)
206-282-0942
Neighborhood: Fremont
New Delhi, India
“Positive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Service was realy amazing, its was great pleasure to stay and having dinner at Hotel Resaturant, having great exp.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“A little slice of heaven.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

You know when you have just a perfect day. One where everything goes right, even when it doesn't. It somehow falls magically into place, like it was meant to be. It's just a little slice of heaven. Well, folks, that's Art of the Table for you. A little slice of heaven.

I have been meaning to dine here for ages. I'm so, so, SO happy I finally made the time when they were participating in SRW.

The restaurant sits in a tiny little place, on a obscure little corner, where you'd totally overlook it. But the food is divine. It's on the same caliber from what you would expect to find at a place like Canlis. From all the details on each plate, to the delectable selection of courses, to the presentation and quality, and most importantly, to the deliciousness that is every bite. To top it off, the most sincerely nice servers, cooks, and bartenders - they truly love what they do and it shows. It shows in their service and in their obscenely delicious food.

There was a minor hiccup in a dish I ordered; turns out I don't like smoked goat. But they quickly remedied it with some of the most delicious fish I have ever had. And the server was spot on with the wine and beer recommendations. Everything tasted perfectly together. This place is, indeed, a little slice of heaven.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

communal and the 8 private for 2.

We went for dinner for two and it was a nice and quiet Sunday. The staff is great and it is in a homey side street of Wallingford. The waitress was great. Her first comment was try the pasta. I made it myself this afternoon!

Turns out she's the former she's the former pastry chef and was filling in today. We just love incredible places that at the same time have that neighborhood community feel.

She suggested the flatbread which was indeed terrific. Rich and delicious. Not so great for us lactose intolerant but wonderful nonetheless.

The white shrimp with vegetables and wonderful polenta. This was a great symphony of flavors from the astringency of the pickled vegetable to the grilled flavor if the shrimp to the creaminess of the polenta.

Then there we had the lamb ragu on pappardelle. And she as right! It was terrific. Perfectly al dente and the lamb was wonderful.

Finally we had the carrot cake with house made ice cream. It was terrific and we finished every last bit.

Overall a great evening!

San Diego, California
“Highlight of a Great Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let's start off by saying that when food is prepared as fresh and with as much care as it is served at Art of the Table, the portion size becomes a secondary factor. Yes, as some of the reviews note regarding this restaurant, the portions are small.

But, think of them as explosive small bites, each portion being worth maybe two to three small tastes, but the tastes, ohhh, yes you will be wanting more!

We came on a busy Saturday and the place was packed, but our reservations were honored promptly on time. Our party of four exclaimed at the great flavors more than once and we ended a great day with an equally great meal.

Highly recommended for true foodies who are not just looking for a full belly, but a flavor fest that they will remember for some time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“Amazing food and a family friendly. My daughter 's favorite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We have been here a few times now and love it every time.
The quality of the food served is always fresh and is locally sourced from what I read on the website, it definitely tasted fresh.
My 14 year old requested the tasting menu when we were there last night and we were not disappointed.
I usually am not a fan of scallops but the dish last night with the carrot purée (that was almost like butter) with the tomatillo relish that had just the right amount of heat was perfect. My favorite dish was the black cod with spiced Savoy cabbage, chanterelles, basil pesto, corn nage curry oil was pan fried until crisp. The broth was rich and velvety, I hope to get to experience it again. Yes, I did take a menu so that I could remember the dishes!
The wine pairing was perfect and the rhubarb soda made in house was enjoyed by all.
The desert of huckleberry shortcake was balanced between tart and sweet.
We ate at the chefs counter this time but we have also set at the communal table and a four top, each time has been a wonderful experience.
I read the review for the person who had a problem with the credit card hold, we were there when she came in. I think that the host handled it fine. In a small restaurant I understand and respect that a fee is charged. I image when you prep for a certain number of people with such fresh food that you have to toss it if they no show or cancel. The fee covers some lost costs and you never know how many reservations have been turned away while the stop is held. I am a small business owner so I get it.
The staff is small but they get the job done with a smile and good timing, which I appreciate.
Our youngest at age 7 could love the foods and tries new ones too. We avoid restaurants with the limited bad food kids menu, we have taught our girls to enjoy good quality food. That is why they love the Art of the Table.

Visited August 2013