“Dinner with Friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Art of the Table

Art of the Table
1054 N 39th St, Seattle, WA 98103-7921 (Fremont)
206-282-0942
Neighborhood: Fremont
London, United Kingdom
“Dinner with Friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Dined here with my partner and two friends to thank them for our stay in Seattle. The restaurant is small and could easily be missed driving past.

However it's smallness made it a delight and the tasting menu was good and filling with much anticipation between courses.

Well worth the money spent, only wish they were closer to London!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seattle, Washington
“Chef Tasting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went to Art of the Table for a special occasion and sat at the communal table for the Chef's Tasting with wine pairing. We were there for a very long time, 9 or so courses. The service was great. The pairings were substantial, and paired very well with each course. I just didn't find any of the courses to be that memorable. For all of the time we spent there and over 9 courses, I expected at least one thing to blow me away, and it didn't happen.

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Creative and Fresh take on Pacific Northwest Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We enjoyed a very creative 9 course meal. Each dish was full of flavour with local meats, seafood and greens. This is less expensive alternative to fine dining rather that the Herb farm. Service and presentation was excellent. The dishes came paced well and chef made adjustments to suit our preferences for some of the dishes.

Would definately come back to celebrate a special occation.

The place is small and intimate, wine selection is okay. Book well in advance and try to come for an earlier seating so that you can get one of the better tables for intimacy.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Absolutely disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

It pains me even to leave a bad review, but this restaurant experience was just that disappointing, especially because I was so excited to eat here.

I've eaten everywhere from Michelin restaurants to taxi driver hangouts, and this place was far the most pretentious restaurant I've been to in my life. The sommelier/bar guy was surly and rude. Maybe it's because I wasn't wearing a $500 dress, but last I checked, I wasn't while at a $250-a-head dinner at Joel Robuchon's restaurant either. Also, nothing came out exceptionally hot, including the soup. I went on a Sunday, and maybe things are better on a Friday or Saturday night.

On paper, food sounded imaginative and wildly creative.. However, the execution did not translate to the dishes itself. Service was slow. One guy was waiting tables for the entire restaurant.

This is probably one of two low ratings I've ever given on Trip Advisor. An utterly disappointing experience and one that you will probably have to still try yourself to decide your feelings on it. Bottom line, I would never go back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ronan, Montana
“Food was great! Cocktails lacked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The food was an experience. Each of the 9 courses was well planned and pulled off beautifully. I made my reservation online and was pleasantly surprised to be phoned back to confirm within a few hours. I can see why people say to sit at the chef's window as you get to look right into the prep area of the kitchen. Me and my husband ate at the communal table which was very fun because we got to meet some very nice people whom we later shared a cab with! We both had the Chef's Nibbles with the added wine paring. The wine was very nicely paired. We arrived early for our reservation so I had a cocktail to start and it had no flavor and lacked the pazazz the waiter had promised. All in all an very good experience but a little pricey for the offering.

• Visited December 2012