“Best restaurant for the price.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tamarind Tree

Tamarind Tree
1036 S Jackson St Ste A, Seattle, WA 98104 (Downtown)
(206) 860-1404
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Best restaurant for the price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

You will pay more to find a place this good or better. Our very favorite restaurant anywhere. We have been there over a dozen times and it is consistently excellent. The menu is big to navigate but you can ask for help from the great staff.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fresh tasting, great menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the concrete surroundings, this place is a peasant and friendly. The menu boasts a wide variety of regional dishes. There were some good veggie options as well. The food was fresh, and interestingly enough, everyone at the table had a different favorite and least favorite dish. Good drink menu and desserts too.

Visited January 2014
seattle
“Consistently a pleasant dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I don't think I have ever had a bad experience at this place. Don't let the exterior environment fool you. The location is not the greatest and the parking is limited. But the restaurant itself is lovely and cozy and the food is so so good! I have tried most of the specialty soup noodles; they are all different but all excellent. They warm your heart and clear your sinuses on a cold winter's day. The portion is ample. All the appetizers are quite tasty as well. The wait staff is polite, well-dressed and very friendly. I have observed the kitchen staff for awhile and everyone always covers their hair (even men with very short hair) and I don't think I have seen that in any other restaurant in town. This is the kind of thing that makes me go back time and again. Lastly this place is always busy, even during weekday lunch time. Be sure to make reservation for dinner on the weekends. Lastly, the price is very reasonable and never breaks the bank. Overall, this is just a nice place to enjoy some authentic Vietnamese food and I can't say enough good things about this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Great vietnamese cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Everytime when I go Seattle, I always come here. It is a very nice restaurant with great food and service. Serve fresh and hot. I can't compare with other vietnamese restaurant in Seattle because I never go there. Maybe next time I should try another one, and then I can tell which one is he best vietnamese in seattle.

Visited December 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Vietnamese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The restaurant is hidden in a dirty Asian strip mall. But once inside, you'll be surprised by its modern, upscale decor. I've been to the restaurant several times, and my favorite dish there remains the Tamarind Tree crepe. I usually liked its La Lot Beef, but the last time we were there we found it too salty. I tried the stuffed squid for the first time, because I liked the stuff squid at another Seattle Vietnamese restaurant, Monsoon, but I still liked the Monsoon dish better. Overall, still a good Vietnamese restaurant to visit, but I like Monsoon better.

• Visited December 2013