“Good Seattle budget hotel in a fantastic location!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #55 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Portland
“Good Seattle budget hotel in a fantastic location!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

This hotel is a great bargain for those visiting Seattle. It is a VERY short walk to the Seattle Center where you can find the Space Needle, Experience Music Project, Science Fiction Museum and the monorail to downtown. I highly recommend this hotel for those traveling on a budget or with kids. The free breakfast is HOT and includes niceties like waffles and real orange juice. We paid extra for a room with a view of the space needle, it was worth it. There is also parking under the hotel that is very secure. We will visit this hotel again.

One word of caution: There is an underage nightclub on the corner, noisy teens start arriving at 10PM weekends. I suggest a higher floor or ear plugs if that noise will bother you.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
SeattleExecutiveInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2009
Thank you for your comments, we are aware of the club across the street and we have been diligently working with Seattle Police to help resolve the issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
CHSChoirs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

If you are traveling with a group of students to Seattle, stop looking for a place to stay because this is it. The Best Western Executive Inn is located directly next to the Space Needle and the city's monorail system. The monorail gives large groups access to the Seattle downtown without the excessive costs of bussing at virtually all times of the day. The proximity of the Space Needle keeps the surrounding area safe at all times of the day, and the hotel itself is well-lit and nicely maintained. The interior of the hotel has a small but comfortable lobby, as well as a full-service restaurant and bar, while the rooms themselves are spacious and very clean. The restaurant offers an incredible daily breakfast to large groups that includes: eggs, roasted potatos, sausage, waffles, bagels, pastries, a variety of cereals, juices, fresh fruit, coffee and tea that is far better than I have had at many more "high-end" locations. Beyond this, because of the variety of options, this breakfast is uniquely suited to the finicky appetities of younger travelers, and thereby ensures that all in your group will be equally satisfied. Most importantly, the staff at the Executive Inn is just superb. Knowing how large groups can often require additional attention to make sure that all needs are met, the staff at Best Western is always ready to do what is necessary to ensure that your group gets what they need to be comfortable and satisfied. This willingness to positively work with groups to keep things going smoothly makes things beeter for your group, and consequently all of the other guests in the hotel as well. In short, the central location of this hotel, the easy access it provides to the downtown area, the cleanliness of the accomodations, the great breakfast afforded to their guests, and the hospitality of the staff make this the perfect place to stay if you are bringing a group to Seattle. Stop looking, and give them a call, you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
We do our best to accomodate all guests. We are excited that you had such a great experience. We strive to have all of our guests have the same experience.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

I saw one reviewer mention an uptight concierge. I think I know who you mean. I think she was just being civil, clearly should not be desk staff. The other desk staff members were very cordial and would make suggestions when I had a question as to getting to the airport, what to eat, where to go, and so on. The lobby area has a nice fireplace area and tons of travel literature.

When I checked out the breakfast buffet, it was quite ample. I must have come at a bad time because there were no staff on duty and lots of tables were not bussed. Also they were out of coffee. This was not the case the next day, so perhaps a fluke.

The elevator is pretty clunky. The door closes slowly and should be repaired or made to be smoother.

The room was great and eco-friendly. Recycling is encouraged. The bathroom area has lotions, shampoo and conditioner in dispensers rather than little bottles. This is great for the hotel especially from guests who like to rip off bottles. Probably saves money for them, certainly.

I heard mention of homeless. Well, they're in every city, and to criticize the hotel for a city problem is not fair. If you're city smart they usually are not a problem.

I also appreciated the follow-up call from the Best Western staff to ensure I had a good stay.

Proximity to the Monorail and the Space Needle and museums was also perfect.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
SeattleExecutiveInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
Thank you for your comments. We do staff a breakfast attendant in our breakfast room during all breakfast hours, as to why this particular day there were no visible attendants is hard to answer. I have forwarded these comments onto our staff members who take pride in providing a great experience for all of our guests. . I have also forwarded on the comments about our elevator to our Engineering staff members to look into the issue. We are also very proud of our eco-friendly hotel and we are continually looking into new and better ideas to make our hotel better.
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

This hotel gets and "average/ok" rating from me.

Staff on the whole were friendly enough, though not the standard expected when staying or visiting somewhere in the USA.

There was one particular woman on receiption we nicknamed PPMT (Permanent PMT), none of the staff wore name badges so I can't name her, but she was in her 20's with short blond(ish) bobbed hair, she was rude, short conversationalist and just downright customer unfriendly. The girlfriend of one of my friends who stayed with us, rung from home and also complained to us about her and her attitiude. She described her attitude perfectly to us and it couldn't have been anyone else. There were times we thought that it was a bad day, but no the 3 times we saw her there, she was the same!!

Anyway, the hotel is an okay. The rooms are pretty standard though the walls pretty thin, in fact we were able to do tap on our friends wall in the room next to us if we wanted them instead of ringing, and were able hear one of our friends snoring too!!

The windows are too thin also, our cheaper rated hotel room didn't have a view of the space needle, so I only assume that the windows are thicker for the richer guests. I say this because every morning, whether you like it or nor you get woken up in the morning by he sound of TWO HELICOPTERS. They come from the local TV news buildings, Komo 4 news, and another news broadcaster that I can't remember the name of. Added with this is almost constant noise from police, fire and ambulance sirens. In the end I bought ear-plugs and slept very well - this is a tip to be highly receommended!!

A small gripe from an "international" visitors point of view, is that the TV had no international TV stations, there is around 80 to choose from and not one is world news, for example BBC World or CNN International.
This is as i say a small gripe, as you can use the internet for free in the "business center" which is just a very small room with two computers in it, if you want to catch up on things back home etc.

The breakfast buffet is also ok, though after staying there for 6 days (we used the hotel as a base for different excursions), it was became samey.
Your selection is potato wedges, chippolatas, scrambled egg (which was also square shaped as though it literally had just come out of can), waffles, 2-3 choices of cereal and oatmeal, bananas, 3 juices and tea and coffee.

Good points are that's it is VERY close to the Space Needle (which itself is over rated as we later found out that you can go up the Columbia Center building in downtown which is 75 floors up instead of 42! and gives better panoramic views). The space needle has a monorail whoch connects you to downtown within 2-3 minutes and a return trip for $4 it's not a bad way of travelling into to the city.
The hotel has friendly bar staff and, rarely for a hotel (I think), a pool table which was frequented by us a couple of times.

Best of all for us, was that it was near to a great bar called SPORT, and as the name suggests it's a sports bar with the friendliest bar staff you can meet, what a find that was. Good food too, and just a two minute walk from the hotel.

The car park, despite the critism I've read is very secure, ok you have to pay for the parking space, but I'd much rather have to do that than leave it outdoors. We saw two men forcing money out of the parking meters in the car park opposite one morning, and no doubt they had a look around the cars in the car park to see anything valuable was on display before raiding the machines!!

I'd come back and stay again, I think, but will be bringing my ear-plugs and stab-proof vest with me next time, in case I dare to walk more than 5 minutes away from the hotel and space needle.

• Liked — Closeness to the Space Needle monorail, and the great Sports bar
  • Disliked — 1 unfriendly, no-name badged staff - very thin windows.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Marikina, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

We were vacationers from Vancouver, Canada and the following are my summarized thoughts of the hotel:

Pros:

1. The location was perfect since it was just a block or two away from the Needle.
2. The room was clean, no foul odor.
3. The staff were polite and helpful.
4. Buffet Breakfast was complimentary and ample.
5. Free 30 mins. local calls
6. Eco-friendly utilities

Cons:

1. The bath tub didn't have a hand shower.
2. Certain sections of the hotel have faded / old wall and floor decor.
3. The parking was not free, even if there was plenty available. We were hoping that this was free, but they charged us anyway.
4. The in-room heating/cooling system is very old.

• Liked — The polite and helpful staff. Proximity to the Needle. And the Complimentary Breakfast
  • Disliked — Parking fees. Proximity to a convenience store.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

I had three nights to spend in Seattle and wanted to stay fairly close to downtown. I almost always go through that Website where you can "Name Your Own Price" (can't mention it by name here or they won't post this) to get the best rate possible on a top-tier hotel, but since I was traveling alone and was on a tight budget this time, I decided to go with a mid-range property. I bid $50 at the 2-and-a-half-star level and the Executive Inn accepted my offer. I booked it for just one night because I wasn't sure what to expect and didn't want to risk getting stuck in someplace unacceptable for my entire stay.

I realized the evening of my arrival that I'd be getting in really late, and I called them to let them know; the front desk agent was super nice and did a great job giving me directions. When I got there (around 3 am) I parked on the street. Check-in was fast and easy and he comped me a parking pass for the hotel garage because of the late hour, which saved me from either paying $15 or getting up by 8 to feed the meter.

I got to the room and found it to be large and clean with a refrigerator and microwave. I was dead tired but impressed enough with the value that I fired up my laptop and used the free Wi-Fi to ask Capt. Kirk to bid on another night at the same rate --which was accepted -- before going to bed.

I got up in time to hit the free breakfast buffet and was blown away by the selection: lots of hot items (scrambled eggs, potatoes, link sausages, make-your-own waffles), bagels, yogurt, several kinds of cold cereal, a selection of fruit juices and decent local name-brand coffee. The plates and bowls are disposable (think Chinet) and so are the kind-of-flimsy utensils, but it's all compostable and what isn't composted is recycled.

So if being environmentally conscious is important to you, this is a great place to stay. There are recycling bins in every room and the vanities and showers have dispensers for soap, shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer rather than individual packages. And while some might say the property "needs a little updating", not ripping out fixtures and finishes every few years is an earth-friendly approach.

Ultimately, I was happy enough to book a third night too. I switched rooms after the first night to get an even-numbered room on an upper floor with a western exposure and a great view of the Space Needle which is a couple of blocks away. The odd-numbered rooms have a "city view", but it's more alley than skyline.

The Executive Inn may not be elegant or trendy, but it's clean and I found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. I'ts not someplace I'd book for a special occasion or stay with someone I wanted to impress, but otherwise I'd definitely stay there again if I could get a bargain rate like that. There's a great message board where you can get tips on how to bid on hotels, rental cars, etc.; again, I can't mention it by name but search for "where we learn to make travel affordable" and you'll find it.

• Liked — great value with free breakfast and Wi-Fi
  • Disliked — downscale neighborhood
  • Stayed February 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

My family and I stayed at this motel and it is a nice place to stay. Very clean, excellant breakfast and friendly staff. If you plan on walking or taking the public transportation watch for homeless people there is a lot of riff raff in the surrounding area. A teenage club directly across the street from the hotel.

• Liked — the breakfast
  • Disliked — The loud teenagers
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn? Share your experiences!