“Good location, but overpriced and a bit dingy” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #54 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Kolonia, Federated States of Micronesia
“Good location, but overpriced and a bit dingy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, with views of the space needle and within easy walking distance of the monorail to downtown. The service was patchy, however, and the lobby and rooms were a little dingy and in need of modernization, particularly in view of the price. Parking is $15 but for an extra $5 you can also get a rate that includes breakfast, although the breakfast is nothing special. The bar has a nice selection of locally-brewed ales on tap.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David_Lenke, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear JonathanPB,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. I am sorry that you experienced some patchy service. The staff prides itself for being on the spot with serving every guest and their need. Just so you are aware we are in the process of doing some upgrades to the hotel through the end of this year and into the early part of 2013.

I would be interested in hearing more about your stay and some specific examples of service and other issues you had. Please contact me, dlenke@clisehotels.com at anytime.

Regards,

David Lenke
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The front desk was helpful, credit card mess for parking! But they ended up not charging me. McDonald's right around the corner made to go breakfast cheap and easy, tho I did eat once at the hotel, not bad

Stayed September 2012
David_Lenke, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear DougWW,

Thank you for your kind review regarding the hotel. The staff and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and liked breakfast the morning that you ate there. We look forward to seeing you on a future trip to Seattle.
Gladstone, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We wanted a place close to the museums and attractions near the Space Needle and took advantage of the hotel's King Tut package. The hotel is literally two blocks from everything and the price was better than others we checked out online. We parked our car at the hotel and did not have to move it for the entire time we were there (3 nights).

One of the big advantages to staying here for the King Tut package is that it gave us VIP tickets, which meant we could go see the exhibit any time it was open, rather than have a date and time specific ticket.

The motel room was clean and adequate, but we didn't spend much time in it. The view from our room was pretty blah - overlooking a parking lot, except we did get to watch one of those really big building cranes in operation. Be aware that at least this part of Seattle seemed to be in construction mode. It was not the hotel's fault, but we were awakened at 7 AM one morning by non-stop jack-hammering in the street and even earlier a second morning by the arrival of the garbage truck.

On the plus side, the room had a refrigerator, microwave, and an arm chairm but the bathroom was TINY. (Don't try to sit on the toilet and close the door all at the same time!).

Can't comment on the maid service other than to say that they did respect our privacy and did not clean the room since we put out the "do not disturb" sign. They did leave us a note each day telling us that if we did want anything serviced to just let the front desk know, which I thought was a nice way to handle it.

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant each morning for the convenience and because the first day it was part of the package. There was a good variety, from make-your-own breakfast burrito or waffle to oatmeal, bacon, etc. -- although it was the same exact choices each day, which got a little boring by the third morning. Breakfast was about $8,

We had family stay at another hotel in the area earlier in the year and they were surprised it did not have air conditioning. This hotel did have air conditioning and it worked fine.

Again, definitely an adequate place, reasonable price (for Seattle), and super location.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the space needle you'd need to ask for a room on the front side of the hot...
Dear Elise L,

Thank you for the review of the hotel. I am glad to hear that you loved our location and were able to base out of hotel and leave your car for the 3 days that you stayed with us.

The staff and I look forward to seeing you on a future trip to Seattle!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed for three nights and enjoyed every moment of it. Room, location, helpful staff, cleanliness, value and comfort everything was spot on. Staff was friendly and helpful So Highly recommended and will return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
David_Lenke, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Beth-Clarkson

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back on your return trip to Seattle!

Assistant GM
Magna, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I wanted a hotel near the Space Needle because I knew traffic would be a nite mare, it was. Trying to find this place was hard. Check in at 5:00 was horrific, only 1 person there, come on really, took 45 minutes and after a 9 hour drive that was beyond comprehension. We got lucky and got a room with a view without having to pay the extra $20.00 a night for it so that helped a little bit. The halls and rooms were dirty and the beds oh my goodness, how horrible they were, so uncomfortable, my son said "felt like a really big person slept on it and they need replaced the springs are totally broken"... Not pleased at all. Then the breakfast for 3 days that we paid $7.95 each day did change AT ALL!! And they closed it at exactly 10:00 a.m., no exceptions. We were there from Mon afternoon through Thurs. I put in a complaint card, and got an e-mail response which I replied back to but nothing further, but not sure that management will do anything. For the $890.00 for 3 nights (almost my mortgage payment) I thought it would have been better rooms than that. Won't ever do that again, was worried about the next night as it was a Best Western in Portland.......

Room Tip: Room on the side where the Space Needle is great if you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor, but it will cos...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
David_Lenke, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Karlene C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry for the inconveniences that you had during you stay. Our breakfast is currently set to BW standards and it does actually offer more than your typical BW breakfast. We are currently at looking with going away from the buffet breakfast and doing a formal sit down menu.

The hotel is in the process of upgrading our beds. We have done the entire 5th floor early this year with the rest of the hotel to be finished in early 2013.

Again, thank you for your review. If I can be of assistance please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Seattle for one night. Wanted to do touristy things such as the space needle and pike market. Space needs was steps away and right outside our window (deff spend a little extra for the space needle view!) and pike market was just about a mile... We walked, great restaurants on the way. Staff was friendly. Overall good experience. Don't recommend the morning buffet, not worth $7.

• Stayed September 2012
David_Lenke, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear HotelXpert2011,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent trip to Seattle. We hope to see you on any return trips to the Seattle area.

Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Let's see...We checked into the Best Western Executive as part of the Blackball Ferry package. The hotel was old with carpet stains and looked to be under some kind of construction - the baseboards were missing, walls were grungy, etc. We asked at the front desk for transportation to and from Safeco field to watch the Mariner's game (the Mariners won by the way). We were informed that we could take a shuttle from the hotel and to call for a pick up on our way back. After the game, we walked back to the drop off location and called the phone number provided. We were rudely informed to 'Take a Taxi'!!! I called the number from a different phone and the jerk who answered it said that the company I reached wasn't there and he hung up. I verified that I had indeed called the correct number and was by now truly ticked off. Thank goodness for the kind driver from the Travel Lodge (where we will be staying when we come back to Seattle) who said that she would drop us off at the hotel for half the price for getting to the game. I reported the issue back at the front desk (the jerk who apparently answered the phone was there). I told them that 'I wasn't amused at being deserted in Seattle at 10:30 at night by their 'shuttle service'. The staff ignored me so I am giving my review here and will also be sending a letter to the company because this behaviour is NOT acceptable. I will also be advising everyone I know to NOT staying at this hotel but to try the Travel Lodge; apparently they have a grasp of good service. Bad on you Best Western - very bad!!! Oh, and the room was also very noisy - not the other customers, just the building itself.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...the Travel Lodge is across the back parking lot.
Dear Gina M,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and for telling us of your experience that you had. As you can see our hotel is undergoing some updates to our guest corridors to improve the guest experience at our hotel. I am sorry about the service received from the service that was recommended to you by our hotel front desk and for the subsequent interaction that you had with the front desk. It is our goal that each and every guest has an amazing experience at our hotel. In this case we failed to provide that for you and I am sorry. I hope that you would that you would give us another chance in the near future.

Assistant General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn? Share your experiences!