“OK for the Price, but Look Elsewhere” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #57 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Boulder, CO
“OK for the Price, but Look Elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

The hotel was OK, a little run down with average cleanliness, but we chose it for price as Seattle is quite expensive. We didn't get the room/bed that we reserved, and the staff was unhelpful. Best Westerns used to always have nice hotels, but this one doesn't fit that mold. We'll choose a different hotel, probably more expensive, the next time we visit Seattle.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Didn't get the room I booked, unhelpful desk clerk
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
miguelluna019
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

Don't be fooled by the other reviews.
They must be written by the ownership!
This hotel is gross. Every fabric surface of the interior was stained. The beds were totally uncomfortable. At first I thought they had me sleeping directly on the box spring mattress! Kids rented a room across the hall and were smoking marijuana outside my door. The smoke came into my room! Seriously. I complained, but they didn't kick the kids out for several hours. There were bums climbing in the garbage cans outside the hotel. I selected the hotel because it was reasonably priced and close to the downtown and space needle. Guess what. It ain't that close! You're still about 12 blocks from the main downtown attractions and about 6 blocks from the space needle. I took a cab downtown. If your looking to save money I would suggest that you stay at hotel further away from the downtown area or pony up the extra bucks a night and stay at someplace decent. Seriously! This is not a joke. I live in East Oakland California so I know what bad conditions are, and this place reminded me of a cheap rent by the hour motel!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Westwood CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

I stayed here for two nights (July 17-18th 2007). This was my first trip to Seattle so I didn't have a feel for the city. I chose this hotel because it was reasonably priced($314 total with taxes) and on the edge of downtown. The area has an industrial feel and is contruction going on the backside of the hotel. It;s across from Denny Park buy I never investiagted the park. There is a Whole Foods Market about 3 blocks away that is open til 10pm and a 24 hour restaurant called the Hurrican Cafe (with a full bar)that is open 24 hours. Not having a car these came in handy. There are bus stops within a block to downtown (about 3 blocks if you want to use the free ride zone) I walked back from the Space Needle once (about a 30 minutes at a leisurely pace) If you are a walker you can walk to Pike's Place and the wharf ( did it once and I'm not a big walker) It was under a hour.

The hotel itself is 4 stories with interior corridors. Check in was qucik and while my interactions with the staff were minimal, they were pleasant. They also exchanged my hotel room card for a new one quickly when on the 2nd day it stopped working.

My room on the thrid floor (307) was at the end of the hall next to the stairway (with a door propped open most of the time). As a lone female, I was somewhat concerned but it turned out not to be a problem and was actually a nice alternative to waiting for the elevator . (One negative, it was next to what appeared to be a storage area and the houskeeping staff tended to congrate outside my door but I got used to it) I balanced it by the fact that I could go right down the stairs to the whirlpool on the first floor without going thru the lobby . There is also a sauna and small exercise room all open 24 hours and only acceible by your room key. The night I used the whirlpool, I had it to myself which was wonderful and towels are provided.

The room itself ia nothing special .There was one king-size bed which was comfortable, There was also a desk with two upholstered chairs on each side . The tv was in a cabinet in the corner with dresser drawers underneath. I'm not a major traveler but there were two things in the bathroom area I hadn''t seen before. Instaed of the normal array of tolietries, there were two dispensers. One over the bathroom sink held soap and lotion. The one in the shower held shower gel, shanpoo and lotion. Water pressure was good in shower. Other amenties included coffemaker, hair dryer, ironing board and iron.
Unfortunatley there was no microwave or refrigator and I must admit this is the first hotel I have stayed in over 20 years that didn't have a least one or the other.
There was wireless internet access in the room which my laptop logged onto with a problem and I never lost the connection.
The free breakfast was very nice and included "make your own" belgium waffles. It also has the normal assortment of cold cereal,juices, pasteries, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and a toaster to use for bread or bagels. The long lady overseeing the room keep everything well stocked and was helpful if you had any questions.

Checkout was quick and they even offered to call me a cab but I had already taken care of it..

Overall I had no complaints other than my prefernce for a frig or microwave The room was clean and the window even opened if you like fresh air. It's not luxiourios and given its off the path location, a perfectly acceptable hotel

• Liked — wireless internet
  • Disliked — no refrigerator
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2007

My wife and I chose this Best Western after quite a bit of research. We were looking for something near or in downtown with free parking and air conditioning since she's pregnant and it was hot. The location was very good (close to the Space Needle and Seattle offers free bus rides in downtown area), the free wireless was nice, and the continental breakfast is pretty impressive. The room is spacious enough, the bed was fairly comfortable with good pillows, and the shower had hot water and good pressure. The only complaints I might have had would be the front desk; aside from John C. they weren't much help. Much of the front desk staff consisted of young people who mean well enough but don't have the social skills or confidence to answer good tourist questions. Also, I had to negotiate for free parking since I was told that was offered over the phone. They were nice and cooperative about the parking issue. On the whole, this is a great value -- we get up and get going and this place offers what one needs to do that for a good, big city price. On a side note, we found the Golden Singha Thai restaurant on Cedar (short walk towards central downtown and the Needle) to be excellent food for $8 (dinner).

• Liked — Location, Price, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Not much
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

Got this room for $50 on Priceline. Needed a hotel for a pre-cruise and post-cruise stay.

The location was a little iffy. We walked by some people that made us feel unsafe. I would not walk around as a single or couple after dark here. Lots of homeless and seedy characters in the downtown area.

The hotel itself was fine. We detected a musty odor in the rooms on our first visit. A little street noise, not too bad. No smell in the room on the second stay. The rooms were clean, if not a little dated looking. Bathroom was also clean.

We tried the hot tub and gym on the lobby floor and they also were clean. The gym had 2 machines, I think, very small.

The free breakfast was great: fresh fruit, yogurts, pastries, muffins, bagels, bread for toasting, waffle irons, coffee, tea, milk, etc. We took afvantage of breakfast every day.

There is a Whole Foods Mkt closeby that has lots of meal selections. We ate lunch at the Korean place across the street, it was good. We also had dinner at Two Bells Tavern and it was GREAT! Voted best burgers in Seattle. We also had pizza delivered from Paggliaci's and it was surprisingly good to us finicky NYers.

We were close to the Space Needle and it took us about 20 minutes to walk to Pikes Market.

The front desk staff was very accomodating and helped us with transportation and took care of our luggage when we could not check in early.

Note that this is a completely non-smoking hotel and you sign a waiver stating that you will be charged $250 if you smoke in your room. There even is a sign outside that you cannot smoke within 100 ft of the building.

All in all, a good value for the price. Gotta love that free breakfast!

• Liked — Great Value, free breakfast
  • Disliked — area a little iffy at nite, rooms smelled a little musty
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2007

I usually stay at 4 & 5 star hotels, but decided to try this Best Western given its positive reviews, location, and good price. I was very impressed with the friendly & helpful front desk staff, the functionality and cleanliness of the room, the great location, and the free breakfast in the mornings. The room was sparsely decorated, very simple, but always clean, with a safe that fits a laptop, a small fridge and a microwave that is great for leftovers. There is a good sushi place across the street. It's not luxurious by any stretch but well worth the money. I would definitely stay here again if I was on a budget.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2007

Just one night but I was very happy with my stay at this hotel. The clerks, evening and morning were very courteous and helpful. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable. The location was good. It was an easy walk to the Trade and Convention Center downtown.
I left the window open at night both for air and to hear traffic noise (there was not a lot of traffic noise). Traffic noise is a lot like listening to the ocean washing up on a beach.
Noise was not an issue at this hotel. There wasn't any bar music or noisy people disturbance at all.

I will definitely stay at this hotel when I go back to Seattle.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, cleanliness, helpful clerks
  • Disliked — Shower did not drain well.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Loyal Inn? Share your experiences!