“Loved it!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Oak Harbor, Washington, Usa
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Friends and I stayed here for our weekend away. It was a little hard to find because all the buildings look the same but the front desk was very helpful in helping us. My room was Amazing, the floor was clean , the beds had duvet covers (a plus in my book), and the heating was easily controlled in the room. Even though they didn't have a full service breakfast, they did have a waffle maker and offered trays so that we could bring the food back up to the room. I would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We found a great deal for this hotel online and after reading the reviews on here decided to book it - I am so glad we did! The staff are unbelievably friendly and helpful... the rooms are spotless - every day when we came back, our rooms were all made up, with everything we needed. There is no mini fridge in the rooms, but there is an ice bucket and there was an ice machine on our floor. One day, we left a bottle of water in there, and when we came back, the staff had left us two more! Most hotels charge several dollars for anything extra. The breakfast was included and was fantastic - I love the waffle station, complete with strawberries and whipped cream - mmm! They also had yogurt, bagels, toast, fruit, coffee., juice, eggs... anything you could ask for! The rooms had flat screen TVs and several channels to choose from... and they were well maintained. I have had bad experiences in the past, so I like to hunt in corners and check for hidden problems... but I didn't find anything wrong with this hotel! :) The hotel was built in 1914 - and for being almost 100 years old - I was very impressed. I liked all the old wood around... Bottom line, I would definately come back here again and would recommend it to anyone! You have the option to either try to find parking in the street, or pay $20 a night for secure parking - we chose to pay, on our last day, we wanted to do the underground tour and they let us keep our car in the lot and even stored our bag for us! They were willing to go above and beyond - Thank you for making our stay so wonderful!!!

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I arrived late and had to leave early but enjoyed my stay nonetheless. The room was quite large with a comfortable bed and a very clean bathroom. One strange thing about the room is that the heater is located behind the drapes so when turned on the drapes don't stay closed. Also, it turns on and off all night rather than providing just a constant hum. The services offered are limited but all the staff I came in contact with were very pleasnant and attentive. Parking was close and $20 per night. The keycard lot is about a block away and the hotel is in a sketchy part of town so be careful walking back to your room if you are out after dark. Cabbing it might be a better choice. Complimentary breakfast was pretty typical but again the service person was very attentive. To sum things up, I would recommend to others and would stay again...this hotel is a very good value for downtown Seattle

Room Tip: no view from the rooms off the street but probably much quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a good city location - thats what we got. It's a bit of a walk from here to the Space Needle, but there are underground tours from a hundred yards away. We found a few good bars very close by too.

Now the rooms are not the best I've stayed in, but they were spacious, clean and well appointed. We didn't have a view, but we didn't need that. We slept well in a comfortable bed. The staff were freindly and helpful too.

Breakfast was a little disappointing for me, but our freinds thought it was great. There were yougurts, cereals, waffles, coffee and fruit juice etc, so a good enough choice but the dining room could have done with an update, it felt a bit like a cheap cafe.

As with most hotels in Seattle (I believe) watch out for car parking charges. The car park used by this hotel is just a couple of blocks away and was $20 per night.

Room Tip: We had an inside room which wasa larger than the one our freinds had on the outside.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
North Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you're looking for an authentic Seattle experience, stay where the action is. I had already made reservations for another hotel farther away from downtown when a friend recommended Pioneer Square. For less than half the price, this hotel is charming and very clean, free breakfast, cheap parking, with a most helpful staff and located just a couple of blocks from the ferry and other downtown features. Pike Place is only 6 blocks away. Lots of great restaurants in the area. Close to public transit (great system here!)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel? Share your experiences!