“Awesome Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 93 hotels in Seattle
Aldergrove, British Columbia, Canada
“Awesome Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

great location, very friendly fast service when we checked in. good amenities, would definitely recommend to family and friends. Close to some great restaurants, the piers etc can walk to everything you would need

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

700 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at many of the downtown hotels and appreciated many things about the Best Western Pioneer Square - the location served us well, we liked the smaller size and intimate historic feel, and the staff was pleasant and helpful.

Less appealing -- Our "view" room had a view of the buildings across the street. The bedding was a sheet covered blanket rather than a thicker duvet and prefer sleeping in a cool room with warm bedding. We skipped the breakfast, not very appealing.

Parking was the typical $20/day. The garage is a block and a half away.

• Stayed December 2012
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Best Western Pioneer Square is great! I couldn't have asked for a better stay. We were greeted with a smile and the concierge was quick to help in any way to make our stay better. The room was furnished with two beds, and a closet and desk. The bathroom was very roomy, with a low entrance tub for the shower. We were very happy with the amount of towels and amenities that we received. They gave us maps and helped us find all the wonderful spots that were of interest. I would recommend this place ten times over any where I have stayed before. Ten stars for the entire place. Their Continental breakfast was amazing! We had waffles with strawberries, cold cereal, and my husband had a bagel and a waffle. It was one of the best continental breakfasts that I have found.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I had to make fast visit to seattle and I found pioneer, no regrets .The hotel was comfortable and very clean , what else mm , nice area everything is walking distance, but I guess breakfast should have something else than just bread and waffle.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Maries, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is our fourth or fifth time staying at the Best Western at Pioneer Square. We like the location, within walking distance of downtown, waterfront and the ball fields. We get to town, park in the available garage and do the rest of the trip on foot. It is about a 15 minute walk to all of the action downtown, Pike Street and the shopping etc... May be too far of a walk for some, but if you don't like dealing with driving and parking downtown, this is the place for you. Nothing fancy about this hotel, rooms are nice and clean and the staff is helpful and friendly. The views from the rooms also leave much to be desired, in fact its better off not worrying about gazing out the windows, but this place is all about the location and the atmosphere of old Seattle. They have continental breakfast which we have taken advantage of on previous visits, which is fine if you want a quick bite in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PORTLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had to make an unplanned visit to Seattle due to a lost passport, and chose the least expensive hotel near the Passport office, expecting a boring chain hotel. What a delightful surprise! This Best Western is like a boutique hotel! The lobby is lovely and comfortable; the staff is warm and helpful. The room service food is from a wonderful Italian restaurant next door. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Why do I say "Can Be"? Rates seem to fluctuate quite a lot. When it is at its lowest, this is the best deal (excluding some Priceline or Hotwire thing) Seattle has going. I have stayed here many times and every single stay has been a fantastic value.

I love the building. This is an historic building. I really like the big old stairway and use it rather than the small elevator that was crammed into the building at a later date.

The place is kept very, very clean. The rooms range from fairly small, to pretty big. The beds are good. The bathrooms are good, but small. Maintenance at the property seems to be excellent.

The location is spectacular. Link light rail (Seattle's fantastic rail system from SEATAC to Westlake) is a short walk to the hotel. The station name is - wait for it - Pioneer Square. Kind of easy to remember given the name of the Hotel, huh? Easy walking or riding public transport all over downtown.

The staff is very nice. They always greet me kindly. The gentleman checking me in this time even apologized to me when he noticed I had been here multiple times, but he did not know my name. When checking out (early AM) they asked about my day's plans and when learning I was not leaving until a late flight they promptly offered to check my bags. I did not need that, but it is great when staff tries to anticipate your needs. This is a well managed location.

The free breakfast is the typical hotel fare, and it is of reasonable quality.

There are lots of restaurants around if you want to grab a bite to eat or grab some take away for your room. I really like the inexpensive and friendly Asian restaurant that is right next door to the east side of the front of the building. Can't recall the name or I would review it.

I highly recommend this hotel. Particularly when you pay one of their low rates, this is an absolutely EXCELLENT value. Kudos to the management and staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel? Share your experiences!