“Location, Location, Location... Hospitality....Your hotel has it all!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #30 of 97 Hotels in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rehoboth Beach, De
“Location, Location, Location... Hospitality....Your hotel has it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

Dear Jo,

We wanted to thank you and let you now how much we enjoyed our stay at your beautiful hotel. Your rooms are very nicely decorated and extremely comfortable.

We traveled with Russ and Rosemarie Regn. Thank you for also including us a bottle of champagne and basket of goodies. They shared
their bottle with us the first night. We shared ours with them the second night. Thank you for your hospitality. The extra courtesy you extended to us as well made our stay very memorable. It was a pleasure meeting you.

There is so much to see and do in Seattle. Much more than I was aware
of. Loved the Pike Place Market! The tour of Seattle is definitely worth it! We will certainly recommend your place to others. Greetings
from Delaware!

Russ and Pat Clatts

• Liked — Comfortable, clean rooms, hospitality, good breakfast, geat visitor recommendations for what to see and do
  • Disliked — It would be nice to have hot tub or pool
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Middlebury, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

Nice and clean, with some character. Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Fantastic location.

Stayed October 2007
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights at the start of our West Coast Adventure. Really nice hotel with great (and cheap) chinese next door. Clean, big room and free internet. Only complaint was the tiny bathroom - nowhere to lay anything.

• Liked — Big bedroom
  • Disliked — Small bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Va Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

My husband and I spent a week in Seattle, basically did a sightseeing/pub crawl tour of the city. This hotel is the only one in Pioneer Square, and it is within walking distance of everything. In fact, it's across the street from the waterfront, which is a popular place to go walking and sightseeing. We never rented a car or taxi; didn't need one. Granted, we walked about 3-5 miles a day, but stopped anywhere we wanted along the way. You don't need a car in the city, and you have to call for taxis anyway...why not walk?

The room was always clean, and a decent size for the two of us. It had a weird smell though, but it wasn't something we couldn't tolerate, though. It is very charming and cozy, and is within a few yards of great restaurants and bars. In fact, out of all the meals we ate, the restaurant next door, Al Boccalino's, was the best. They provide room service for the hotel, and they have some of the best Italian food I've ever had. Somewhat pricey, but it was SO good.

Hotel staff were friendly, but not the most knowledgeable of all the questions I asked (such as, can they help with reservations for the Victoria Clipper, what bus # do we take to go to Ballard, etc.). But, they were very nice and always tried to help.

The hotel was quiet when we were there, even though it seemed to be very crowded. I would recommend it to anyone. With our AAA membership, we paid $161 a night, except for Friday night, which was more expensive.

• Liked — Convenience to nightlife/food
  • Disliked — Slightly weird smell in room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

Trust me, you will not be disappointed if you stay at this hotel.

What can I say about the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel that hasn't already been said? From the "Welcome to Seattle" from the girls at reception to the "Have a good trip" from the Bell Captain, this hotel gets my vote for being the best.

At the end of a long tiring day having travelled by plane and boat to reach Seattle, all my cares disappeared as soon as I opened the door to my hotel room.

The large room was beautifully decorated with the king size bed taking pride of place. It looked so peaceful and welcoming with the period furniture and matching appointments that I couldn't wait to unpack and relax with a cup of tea. The lighting was excellent with not a 40 watt bulb evident. The towels were plentiful and fluffy and there was loads of room in the bathroom to lay out my toiletries. I thought the framed picture on the wall was a nice homey touch. The room was quiet and there was no noise to disturb a dreamless sleep that night. In fact, I was glad the next morning I had set my alarm the night before.

I enjoyed my Continental breakfast the next morning of toast, jam, yoghurt, fruit and coffee. There was also cold cereals, Danish and muffins on offer.

I learned that bus transportation is free in the Pioneer Square area and the bus stop is just steps away from the hotel entrance on Yesler. However, since I wanted to explore on foot it was an easy walk to the Uwajimaya shopping complex in Chinatown - a delightful place.

Although my room rate was a little more than I normally pay, in retrospect my one night's stay was worth every cent and I fully intend to make a return visit in the future.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — No dislikes
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2007

We stayed at this Hotel while in Seattle on Business. Check in was very complicated they had no parking available when we arrived and the front desk staff was not helpful at all with the parking situation. Our company was paying for the stay but when we arrived we had to wait 45 minutes for someone in the office to figure out what was going on. When we arrived in our room we were plesantly surprised it was large very clean and comfortable. The wireless internet left a lot to be desired very slow and constant drop offs. In the evening the noise from the freeway nearby was constant.. For the money that this establishment cost we could have stayed in a Sheraton or Hilton and been a lot happier

• Liked — It was Clean
  • Disliked — The Staff Attitudes
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
IRVINE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2007

Not your normal Best Western, this is a charming hotel in a great location. High ceilings and warm appointments, room quality is excellent and spacious, particularly considering the architectural restrictions of an older building. Use the tiny elevators, or what the heck... climb the wide staircases... it's good for your heart.

Step outside into the fun of day or night life in Seattle. You are one block from the waterfront and trolley, and one block from tons of buses. On the opposite end of town from the Space Needle, there are loads of stores, shops and eateries nearby. Bring comfy walking shoes.

Down an alley next to the hotel, i.e., one block directly behind the hotel is a wonderful diner, complete with quaint vinyl booths, where you can get a tasty, filling and affordable breakfast.

Get a good rate, and this hotel is a sure winner.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Pioneer Square Hotel? Share your experiences!