You added The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 3rd Ave (corner of Third and Cherry - hotel entrance on Cherry Street), Seattle, WA 98104 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #22 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
A TripAdvisor Member
“Thin walls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel is older and has been remodeled, but the walls are thin and the ventilation was poor as I could hear people engaging in sexual activity in another room. The area where the hotel is located was not great. There were not many choices for food nearby and the area seemed to be home to many homeless and transients. I guess I just expected more. I gave it a shot, but would not stay at this hotel on a second visit. Also, if you have a car be prepared to spend an additional $40-50 per night to valet your car.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We had called ahead to make sure we would be able to use iPad in room. When we got back to the hotel to watch film we had rented the hdmi did not work. The engineer came up and did his best to make it work. We went to another marginally better room and found a tv that worked. Instead of just letting us move to a better room for our trouble Megan told us that they would move the tv instead because that was a different room "type". This was at 10:30 at night so instead of being able to enjoy our film after a Long day of travel we had to wait for the engineer, who was vy nice to change tv. I am very disappointed in the double tree for the lack of customer service and the caviled attude of Megan .

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jgouge, General Manager at The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the problems you experienced with the television in your room and the manner in which our manager on duty handled your problem. I will be sure to follow up with our team immediately to ensure issues like this do not happen again in the near future.

Manchester, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We loved this hotel!! Typically, we are not fans of historic hotels but we absolutely loved this hotel. The valet was super nice and informative. And every time we came into the hotel we were welcomed back. We loved the hotel decorations with a historic feel. If I could pack some of them in my suitcase, I would. I'm not sure I have ever thought that about hotel decorations.

View was amazing. The room was spotless. From the light fixtures to the bathroom, everything was in tip top shape. Personally, I did not think the rooms were small at all. We had plenty of room.

The ballroom was beautiful.

Not a fan of the $41 to park but that really is not the hotel's fault. The cost of the parking was quickly made up by the fact that the location is at the heart of everything. Within walking distance of everything Seattle. The hotel is on a pretty steep hill so if you have problems walking, you might want to be careful.

When coming back to Seattle, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The road noise can be loud, but that is in every city. Don't stay in the city if you don't...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
jgouge, General Manager at The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere of the hotel brings you back to a time when comfort and service were the norm. From the valet who directed us to parking to the friendly front desk with cookies. The room was well appointed with a French press, thick towels and a comfortable bed. The service at the bar was exceptional where we enjoyed cocktails and the truffle fries. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The historic building was great and I loved the old style decor in the rooms.

Our room was tiny, extremely small. The room service was lacking. The sheets and mattress were great.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us! I will be sure to pass along your feedback on room service to our team as well. I hope to have you as our guest again in the future and if so, we do have a variety of other rooms which are larger and may be more suitable for your needs.

Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here after a Whitecaps/Sounders game at Century Link Field. This is one of the closer hotels to the stadiums and SODO. I was able to get a good rate through Hilton's 800 number. Check was very smooth and the staff was very attentive and answering my questions. The next days the valet and staff were very good at pointing at local attractions and helping me with my luggage.

The room was beautiful decorated, and very comfortable bed. There were numerous luxuries including a large tv, large writing desk, rice robes, and a DVD player. There was no noise from neighbring rooms, but some street noise. The curtains were thick were effective in blocking out the light from the streets. The bathroom was a good size and the whirlpool bath worked very well.

The Arctic Bar was one of the more comfortable, and luxurious place i've been to with a suprub bartender, large drinks menu, and very comfortable seating.

What the Arctic Club had, it did it very well. What it didn't have detracted, but not by much from my stay. There aren't that many facilities apart from the rooms. The immediate neighborhood dosen't have many shops or restaurants near by. Depending on your energy and mood it's a walk to some attractions.

Still I recommend the hotel because it's luxury and service.

Room Tip: I got the best deal through Hilton's 800 number
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love this place. If you're unfamiliar with its history it's worth reading up on. This used to be a gentleman's club for men who struck it rich during the Klondike gold rush. If these walls could talk! In keeping with the location's history, this hotel has an earthy, masculine vibe. The service is amazing. Someone below mentioned the concierge, Stephen. He's wonderful! He helped us to set up rides for our business meetings and he's helping my boss plan day trips with his family. If you want to stay here I'd book early because this place tends to fill up.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

General Manag

Been to The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!