“Excellent! Very cool old school hotel,” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

You added The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 3rd Ave (corner of Third and Cherry - hotel entrance on Cherry Street), Seattle, WA 98104 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #22 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Crested Butte, Colorado
“Excellent! Very cool old school hotel,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Reminds me of the 20s or 30s - really funky old school hotel. Forget the Doubletree association - that is good for the points and cookies - everything else is first class all the way. Everything is antique-esque but not old - sort of Restoration Hardware meets a 1920s hotel. Amazingly friendly and helpful staff. Right downtown.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Friendswood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The views were amazing and it was close to so much downtown. If you want a nice and memorable place to stay.. Look no further my friends. The rooms were very nice and the staff was fantastic and took care of all my needs. I would 100% defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The ambiance and staff at the Artic Club made the experience more 5 star than some of the other hotels I've stayed at with the same or higher rating. The staff was warm, courteous, and differential. They go out of their way to give you the feel like you are in some sort of private club.
I love the classy glamourous feel, like maybe the Dick Tracy or Humphrey Bogart would walk around the corner to sit in the lounge by the fireplace. It was romantic in a classical Casablanca sort of way.

The room was not overdone and definitely not the pre-packaged hotel decor that you find in most chain hotels. The decor has a masculine leaning, but the clean lines and ample space were still warm and relaxing. I bed was huge and I had to climb up into it. The whirlpool was fabulous, especially for all the travel and cold weather aches. And I absolutely fell in love with the bathroom - it gave me all sorts of ideas for my own.

My SO and I showed up at the restaurant downstairs, Juno, 10 minutes before they closed for the night and they didn't hesitate to serve us. Afte such a long travel day, I was just glad to eat, but it turned out to be one of the most delicious meals I have had in a long while. I have never experienced such perfectly cooked scallops.

Both the restaurant staff and the hotel staff went out of their way to help us find a lost pair of glasses the next day.

The hotel is downtown and is close to everything. There are a lot of shops nearby to explore. There isa little authentic Russian place below on the same block that served us a wonderful hearty breakfast.

Bonus, the valet service was billed directly to the room, which cut down on the departure hassles.

We definately have this one on our list to revisit, hopefully for longer than just a one day stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Comfortable beds, staff was friendly, rooms clean. It's very convenient--in downtown Seattle. When I go back to Seattle I'll make this the place I stay. The hotel is a classy throwback, it's got a great lobby and bar where you can sit and talk, have meetings. Overall it's quiet but you are in the city so it's fairly noisy. The rooms are adequately soundproofed.

Room Tip: 10th floor is the Hilton Honors floor--pay a little extra for a balcony room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Everett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Staff is friendly and professional. Check in and out was efficient. Rooms are great. Love the lounge. They specialize in Absinth if you're in to that. The bartender wears a white tux which goes with the classic 1930's (?) decor. Think rich man's private club.

Room Tip: Street noise in our SW corner room. I don't remember that whenwe had an eastside room but then t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had come to this hotel as I was a bridesmaid in a wedding held at the hotel. I will admit, I don't usually think of DoubleTree Hotels as having much character, but the Arctic Club exudes Seattle history. The rooms are decorated with historic relics. My husband and I love hotels which tell a story, and the Arctic Club really does. We were welcomed at the front desk with chocolate chip cookies (I guess it's a DoubleTree thing), and although we weren't able to get into our room immediately, it didn't take that long to get in and we were able to store our luggage. The room used for my friend's wedding has this gorgeous dome, and her pictures were fantastic (for anyone considering a wedding there). Our hotel room was on the same floor as the event room, which usually would bother me, but since I was a bridesmaid in the wedding, it was intentionally done, so that people could get ready for the wedding in my room. I also visited a suite, where my friend (the bride) was getting ready, and it was very nice, with a lovely bathroom and also with a terrace. I read someone's comments about the neighborhood. I would agree that the area can seem a bit deserted at night, and on the weekends, since it is mostly a business neighborhood, but it is within walking distance to the market, and honestly, we felt safe while we were there. We never had a problem at all, and were out pretty late celebrating after the wedding was over. We've stayed at several hotels in Seattle, and this was my favorite by far.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great place. Has real character, not just another cookie-cutter place to sleep. I was upgraded to the balcony level, which made it even nicer. Aside from the high parking cost, my room rate was very reasonable (less than a lot of Hilton Garden Inns I've stayed in), and I hope to be able to return there soon.

Room Tip: Anything on the 10th floor would be especially nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!