“Classic and comfortable. Wonderful restaurant (Juno). Beautiful origional architecture and decorated to match in an 1900” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel to your Saves list
The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 3rd Ave (corner of Third and Cherry - hotel entrance on Cherry Street), Seattle, WA 98104 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #14 of 95 hotels in Seattle
Everett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Staff is friendly and professional. Check in and out was efficient. Rooms are great. Love the lounge. They specialize in Absinth if you're in to that. The bartender wears a white tux which goes with the classic 1930's (?) decor. Think rich man's private club.

Room Tip: Street noise in our SW corner room. I don't remember that whenwe had an eastside room but then t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

811 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had come to this hotel as I was a bridesmaid in a wedding held at the hotel. I will admit, I don't usually think of DoubleTree Hotels as having much character, but the Arctic Club exudes Seattle history. The rooms are decorated with historic relics. My husband and I love hotels which tell a story, and the Arctic Club really does. We were welcomed at the front desk with chocolate chip cookies (I guess it's a DoubleTree thing), and although we weren't able to get into our room immediately, it didn't take that long to get in and we were able to store our luggage. The room used for my friend's wedding has this gorgeous dome, and her pictures were fantastic (for anyone considering a wedding there). Our hotel room was on the same floor as the event room, which usually would bother me, but since I was a bridesmaid in the wedding, it was intentionally done, so that people could get ready for the wedding in my room. I also visited a suite, where my friend (the bride) was getting ready, and it was very nice, with a lovely bathroom and also with a terrace. I read someone's comments about the neighborhood. I would agree that the area can seem a bit deserted at night, and on the weekends, since it is mostly a business neighborhood, but it is within walking distance to the market, and honestly, we felt safe while we were there. We never had a problem at all, and were out pretty late celebrating after the wedding was over. We've stayed at several hotels in Seattle, and this was my favorite by far.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great place. Has real character, not just another cookie-cutter place to sleep. I was upgraded to the balcony level, which made it even nicer. Aside from the high parking cost, my room rate was very reasonable (less than a lot of Hilton Garden Inns I've stayed in), and I hope to be able to return there soon.

Room Tip: Anything on the 10th floor would be especially nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The four days that I stayed at this hotel were an absolute nightmare. Hilton had listed this hotel on their website as the "Financial" District. It was Pioneer Square. When I came up from the Sound Transit, there were suspicious looking people all over the streets. I hurried and walked the block to the hotel. When arriving, the desk clerk was extremely rude. I had made my reservation with the "State Government" rate. She informed me that unless I had a Federal ID, the rate would not be honored. I informed her that I made the reservation under a "State Government rate" and had utilized the same rate at another Hilton property the three previous nights. I informed her that due to the area this hotel was in, I could assure her I would not be booking at this hotel ever again. She continued to be rude throughout my check-in. I was placed in a room on the same level, overlooking the street. The next four days/nights I had to endure the bus passing every few minutes all hours of the day/night. Historic is another word for scary. I felt like I was in a Scooby Doo comic with the eyes on the wall watching me! I was also informed there would be a refrigerator in my room (needed to refrigerate medications), which I failed to find until the day of checkout because if was hidden inside a bureau of drawers. Being vegetarian and not wanting to travel in the area at night, I was disappointed to find that room service offered any vegetarian options on their menu. I can say that the room attendant provided excellent service. I have rarely tipped the staff for the duties done, but did leave a tip for the excellent job that these staff members did with the rooms. They were constantly replenishing my bathroom amenities and keeping my room in amazing shape.
I would not book at this hotel again. Being a solo traveler, it was not safe. When I told my associates were I was staying, they apologized and told me not to go out after dark. I could see why when I arrived at the hotel. I felt as though every night I was trapped at the hotel and could not enjoy the wonderful sights that Seattle has to offer. I've been staying at Hilton properties for nearly 10 years and I'm disappointed by the treatment of the check in clerk. I won't be returning to this property due to location and appearance, but her attitude could have turned me off from the Hilton family. I travel to Seattle on a bi-monthly basis and it's revenue that Hilton could have missed out on due to poor customer service.

Room Tip: If you're brave enough to stay here, ask for a room that is not located on the street. Street si...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
jgouge, General Manager at The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I will be sure to follow up with our front desk team and how to better handle situations like yours in the future. It is true we do require appropriate Government identification to qualify for a government rate, with our close proximity to several government related offices and our limited availability of these rates, it is something we have to do. In addition we are in the midst of a window installation project that is already beginning to show great improvement in shielding street noise in our lower level rooms.

Jeff Gouge
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel has a distinguished history. The location is very convenient, near light-rail, the financial district and Pioneer Square. The hotel has a welcoming lobby with a roaring fireplace. Below is a great restaurant with fabulous food. My room was not large, but it had all I needed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has the feel of a time gone past. The service is fantastic and some of the best hotel service we have had. The room is comfortable and quiet, expect for the street noise. One elevator was out of service the entire three days we were there and that was inconvenient. Also if you enter on the side street where the valet is supposed to be there is a flight of stairs that is hard with luggage. We could not enter on the Third Street side since we arrived late. The lobby is on the second floor. The room had an umbrella for our use which was great too because it rained nonstop. Definitely worth a return visit.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

From the Airport: Takes about 30 minutes, which equates to a $40 taxi ride.

Location: I personally think it's located in a great location, but that's coming from someone who doesn't mind taking public transportation around or walking 1+ miles. It's located on the corner of 3rd and Cherry. I believe the Cherry st entrance leads you to the front/valet area, whereas the 3rd st entrance leads you to a back entrance. Walking to pike's place market took about 15 minutes of leisure walking. All of the buses stop nearby with a 5 minute walk to get to the hotel front door.

Booking: I booked once on $$ and once on points (50K/night). I think it's a little expensive in both dollar and point amounts, but in retrospect, I don't regret it.

Staff: They are extremely professional. On my first trip, I had a great, natural small conversation with the person checking me in. It definitely didn't feel forced from them. The second time I checked in, I was getting in around 11:30pm, so the guy checked me in as quickly as possible. The systems weren't working properly, but he mentioned that he had all of my info on file as a Hilton member and that I could just go ahead to my room, rather than wait for the system to boot up.

Experience: I was celebrating my boyfriend's birthday on my second trip. On my reservation, I noted this and requested an upgrade if available (upgrades for Hilton members are free when available). To my surprise, they not only upgraded me to a great room (top floor, end room, balcony, jet tub), they also greeted us with a bottle of wine! [Don't forget to get your cookie on arrival!].

Car Service from Hotel: I was a little confused here... when I called in, they said it would cost $50 to get picked up. As a result, I opted to taxi. But when I asked to get a taxi to go back to the hotel, they said they could provide the car service for $40. I guess it costs less getting dropped off than getting picked up.

Rooms: The hotel overall is not your modern hotel. There's definitely a "vintage" vibe to it. To some, they may think it's outdated. To me, I think it's cute. Furniture is standard with a fluffy bed and sofa. The room they upgraded me to had a jet/spa like tub. The room and bathroom areas clean as can be, given it's a little old in architecture.

Entertainment: The tv is hard to navigate through the channels you want to watch. But despite that, there's a lot of channels to choose from. Internet is available (and for elite members, it is free. Just charge it to the room and it should be cleared on your bill.)

Others: There's a bar available as well as a restaurant named Juno. As an elite member, they offered me a voucher for $8 to use at Juno. I took advantage of this during my first stay and got a bagel with salmon, cream cheese and capers, with a side of grapes. It was delicious! They also have umbrellas in the room for you to use during your stay.

Room Tip: Take a taxi to the hotel ($40), then opt for a car service going back out ($40). For elite members...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Arctic Club Seattle - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!