“Consistent excellence in food and experience” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Tour
Ranked #17 of 209 Activities in Seattle
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat like a local! Discover Seattle's rich culinary scene one neighborhood at a time. We're your foodie friend in the city, sharing our favorite places to eat and drink while covering history, people, and events that make each place unique. To insure you have a local experience and not a touristy one, we don't use hearing aids or have you follow around a pink umbrella. This an intimate fun tour lead by passionate guides who want to insure you have a great time enjoying the best food in Seattle.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Seattle, Washington
“Consistent excellence in food and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently completed my second tour with Seattle Food Tours - this time on Capital Hill. I was very impressed with how seamless and well run the experience was - no sooner had we entered each stop on the tour than we were seated, had water and refreshments brought and Michael and Jill began their interesting and entertaining discourse. I should point out that my evening felt like I was joining a dear friend who happened to be part foodie, part music buff, and part historian for dinner. As our food arrived I found that my palate improved, or perhaps my appreciation improved, with the expert information and descriptions provided by our tour guides. The food and drinks were excellent but so was the experience they created. I learned all kinds of fascinating details about the Seattle restaurant scene, the music scene, the history of Capital Hill and Seattle in general, and about both the new and historic architecture on Capital Hill. I'll definitely be going back to Cap Hill for dinner now that my eyes have been opened and back to Seattle Food Tours (perhaps something in Ballard guys?) at my next opportunity.

Visited July 2013

athens, GA
“loved the tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I visited Seattle on our 20th anniversary. My sister had recommended the Pike Place Market food tour as a good thing to do. I was frankly not that enthusiastic about the idea--the website lists the attractions, so why not just go there? Boy was I wrong! Leslie was our guide, she has lived in Seattle for a long time and has previously worked at some of the Pike Market establishments. Lively, enthusiastic and full of knowledge about the Market and Seattle. Her stories gave us a feel for the area that we never would have gotten by just visiting the market. Of course there were the establishments themselves, the food sampling was tremendous. Now I understand the enthusiasm of the foodies!

Black Diamond, Washington, United States
12 attraction reviews
“Bell Town Restaurant Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We really enjoyed eating & drinking our way through Bell Town. Our guide, Holly, did a wonderful job of pointing out the historic sites and well as discussing the food and drinks of each restaurant. A highlight - slipping past the long line waiting to get into the sushi place for our VIP visit.

Visited July 2013
Michigan
45 attraction reviews
“Taste Pike Place Food Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was a great tour! We met our guide, Leslie, who steered us through the very large Pike Street Market! All along the way we tasted a little of this and a little of that! She told us history stories about Seattle and Pike's market as well as tidbits about the food we were tasting. She didn't rush us around and we got to shop along the way. Some of the vendors gave us bargain prices if we bought while on the tour. Then we got a discount card to use if we returned to the stores. Entertaining, fun, delicious, and even a little educational!!! Loved it!

7 attraction reviews
“Tastey and informational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Went with 3 friends...we've all been to the market before. The tour took us to many places we hadn't been and some we had. Our tour guide was great and entertaining. Don't know how this tour compares to the others but I would defentintly recommend!! Thanks Leslie