“first class” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
seattle
“first class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

We just stayed here for one night for our anniversary and everything from valet to check in and breakfast in the room was awesome. Every year we stay downtown at a different hotel for our anniversary and this year we choose the pan pacific and I must say it ranks right up there as one of the best ever! They upgraded us at checkin to a corner king suite and wow what a gorgeous view of the space needle and peek a boo view of Lake Union. It was beautifully decorated, and the beds were sooo cozy! The walk uptown was simple and quick and we even walked back from dinner at 10:00 p.m. from 4th and university and it was very safe and fast. I would definetely recommend this to my friends or anyone visiting Seattle.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Portland Or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

My husband and I drove up from Portland for a romantic getaway. We wanted something plush but affordable. Our room was awesome. We had a view of the Space Needle, a very comfortable bed and a bathtub. I was able to go to Whole Foods on the bottom floor and get some bubble bath and drinks. We were able to walk everywhere from the hotel. A few blocks away is the Portage Bay Cafe with amazing breakfasts. We had a very fun time.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

What a nice hotel.
Room was nice but i requested a better view and was moved that day to a nicer room on an upper floor with a beautiful view of the space needle.
The front desk staff could not do enough for us ,from minor room repairs , to restaurant suggestions ( resturant in lobby is great for breakfast ).
Front desk staff showed us the best spots to visit and how to use Seattles great public transit.
Hotel also offers a free limo service , which dropped us off at our cruise ship at just the right time saving us money and inconvienience.
I would definitely recomend this hotel over all the high end hotels in Seattle.
John
canada

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Mannheim, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

I stayed here with my fiance two times in the month of November. I believe the room cost $125 per night with a promotional rate. We had no problems with the bookings, we just called on the same day we intended to arrive, and got great rooms both times. The rooms are very well furnished, great big beds, large flat screen TVs, awesome bathrooms that have unique sliding doors that open over the bathub into the bedroom. The spa products and coffee that were complimentary with the room were both quite good! I also enjoyed a quality hairdryer for a change!

The doormen/concierges were SUPER helpful and friendly. On weekdays they have a free towncar that will take you to nearby destinations, and on weekends they call the cabs and prepare maps and give great recommendations.

Right outside the main door is a starbucks, so we were able to enjoy our favorite drinks and pastries each morning.

The bar has most drinks, and there is a cozy fireplace right outside.

We loved staying here, and will probably return every year. On our second stay we had a room with a great view of the space needle, I recommend it.

I have read in other reviews that parking is quite expensive. We drove around the block and found free parking within 200 meters of the hotel. I was a little concerned about the security since I'm not familiar with Seattle, but we didn't have any troubles with our rental car either time we left it there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

This is our second time staying at the Pan Pacific in Seattle and it was wonderful! I grew up in the Seattle area and we are frequent visitors for business and leisure. We've stayed at several hotels in Seattle including Hotel 1000. We were considering several hotels including the Four Seasons this time, but we decided to contact the Pan Pacific again and see what they had available for my Husband's Birthday. We were subsequently contacted by Mr. Reyes, the Director of Operations, to discuss our options. He was very professional, extremely helpful and wanted to ensure that our trip was special. From the moment we arrived the staff went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was enjoyable. The accommodations were very nice, everything including the soft bath robes, the soaking tub, location and cleanliness of the hotel were exceptional. However, the staff and the efforts of Mr. Reyes really put the hotel and our stay over the top. Upon arrival we received a birthday card signed by the staff for my husband along with chocolates. Throughout the stay, the staff was very knowledgeable and helpful with recommendations and directions. The first night we ate at the restaurant next to the hotel, Sea Star. Despite the fact that it was late and we came in as they were closing, the staff was gracious and the food was great. We met Chad, the manager of the restaurant. He too was very knowledgeable about the area and other restaurants and even offered to contact a friend at the Salish Lodge, where we were having a birthday celebration for my husband the next night.

Overall, the stay was very relaxing, and due to the efforts of Mr. Reyes and his staff, it was one of our most memorable trips to Seattle. To everyone there who made us feel so welcome, thank you very much. We recommend the Hotel to everyone we talk to, and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

From the moment you arrive at Pan Pacific you are greeted with open doors and cheerful welcomes. The hotel is beautiful and tastefully modern with warm colors and a blazing fireplace. The hotel was especially lovely as they had recently decorated for the Christmas season. My husband and 7 month old son arrived early and asked if we could check in. Since our room was already prepared they graciously let us check in hours before the regular check in time. Having the early check in was extremely helpful with our young son. The staff was incredibly helpful and kind giving a stuffed panda bear to my son.
When we arrived in our room I think I said, "wow". The bed was plush and huge with incredible views of the Space Needle. I would recommend upgrading to the corner suite that faces the Space Needle. It is worth the extra money. The bathroom was very nice with a deep soaking tub and separate shower. There is a CD/DVD player in the rooms along with little luxuries like bath gel and robes. The room was large with plenty of space for a small family and incredibly comfortable beds! The only thing that we felt was missing was a refrigerator. Since we were in town to see all of the Christmas sites the Pan Pacific was perfectly located between the downtown shopping and Space Needle/Seattle Center. We walked everywhere but the hotel does offer a complimentary shuttle to downtown locations. Some of the ammenitites that we didn't have time for were the fitness facilities, spa, and hotel restaurant. Also, the hotel is in a safe location with a Starbucks next door along with little shops and restaurants. Right nearby is a fabulous Whole Foods which has great gourmet foods, flowers, wines, etc. After spending a day of sightseeing and shopping we decided to buy meals at Whole Foods and eat in our lovely room. It was so nice to be able to have a quick and yet great tasting option nearby the hotel. I would hightly recommend the Pan Pacific. You won't regret it!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

I am a native of Seattle who has been displaced to California, so I know the city pretty well. On a recent trip to visit friends I wanted to have a bit of luxury without completely breaking the bank. Seattle has several new luxury hotels I was interested in, but the the Pan Pacific offered all of the amenities at about half of the price of others so I decided to check it out. I took light rail from the airport to Westlake Center and caught the South Lake Union Trolley, which drops you off right at the hotel's front door. My room was amazing - great views, modern feel, and very spacious. My favorite part of the hotel was its location above Whole Foods. It makes it very convenient for picking up breakfast and wine & cheese. The location worked for me as a central point from many of Seattle's neighborhoods, but for tourists wanting to stay in Belltown and Pioneer Square it is a bit far away. The hotel's proximity to public transportation makes it convenient to get around town.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to Pan Pacific Seattle? Share your experiences!