“It was just o.k.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Houston, Texas
“It was just o.k.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

The hotel was just o.k. to us. No personality really - the rooms are just ordinary. A big armoire seemed to take up the bulk of the entrance. We loved the bathroom. I am glad we got it at a VERY discounted rate. We booked directly through the hotel since it was new. I would stay somewhere else for the going rate though. The hotel is not bad but it's definitely not great. I expected a bit more from the Pan Pacific Brand. We stayed at the Pan Pacific Vancouver the day before and felt the same way about that as well. I just may not be a Pan Pacific Lover (or just the US properties).

• Stayed August 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

I spent my 30th birthday at the Pan Pacific Hotel and I'm glad I did. The hotel was very chic and comfortable. The staff was great and when they found out it was my birthday, the staff sent up a personalized birthday card with all the employees' signatures and a bottle of wine. The location next to Whole Foods Market was great. Of all the hotels I've stayed at in Seattle, this would be my first choice without a doubt.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
lacey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

This is the first time my wife and I ever stayed at a "luxery" hotel and I have to say, we were not use to the type of service and comfort that the Pan Pacific provided us that weekend. The moment you enter the building, we were in complete awe. The service made you feel like you were a celebrity and the guest room was beautiful. The best part? The bed. The bed was like floating in clouds. My wife suffer from tension headaches and I suffer from chronic back pain, and most nights at home, its hard to get a good nights sleep....but first time laying on this bed.... you feel completely weightless, its wonderful. The bill of course was something you have to be prepared for...but compared to other luxery hotels, the price is very competetitive. If we could afford it, I would not stay at any other hotel but this one. Draw back would be that we could not find a garage in the area (even though they did say they had one), so we were pretty much forced to get vallet, but to my understanding, to use of the garage and vallet are pretty much the same price. Also drawbacks, no fridge. You have a minibar, but youre not able to put any of your stuff in there, unless you wanna chance it and get charged for opening the bar or moving something inside. Lastly, no vending machines. If you want something to drink, you're pretty much limited to getting tap water from your sink...unless you want to spend the money on a soda from a mini bar, which is very expensive. Ice is delivered by room service only....pretty much obligating you to tip the guy...but even the ice is fancy! Like i said, price is expected from a hotel like this, just be sure to expect a little more extra out of your pocket besides the nightly rate.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

My wife and I decided to stay in town for our anniversary and booked two nights at the Pan Pacific. Upon check in we were upgraded to a suite which had a balcony and a great view of the city. The room was very nice with a king size bed, large soaking tub and free standing shower. The room was well equipped with a steamer to press your clothes, two plush robes and even umbrellas (in Seattle, a must!). Just after we arrived in our room they sent us a great bottle of champagne and a card signed by the entire staff. Nice touch! The hotel is right on the new street car route so it is quick and easy to get to the heart of downtown Seattle. The Seastar Restaurant just opened at the Hotel which is one of the best all of the greater Seattle area. We had a great weekend and highly recommend the Pan Pacific.

• Liked — The staff was great, the room even better
  • Disliked — It was all good!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

We live in Vancouver, Canada and my wife and I frequently travel to Seattle for weekend getaways. This time we chose the Pan Pacific and were we impressed! I have to admit the location was a concern but it's a nice walk from the downtown core and there's always the trolley. The property is very nice and the staff, from the valet to the front desk personnel, is excellent. We will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — Great service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and we were both very impressed. I've stayed at the Hotel Monaco and The W in downtown Seattle and this is my new favorite hotel. The location was surprisingly good: a 15-minute walk to the Space Needle, or a quick 5-minute streetcar ride to downtown (Westlake Center). The Whole Foods store is very convenient, and the in-house restaurant had great food.

We really enjoyed our room and loved the big, deep bathtub (we were in a standard queen room). The fitness center was AWESOME - the best hotel fitness center I've ever been to - plenty of cardio machines and lots of nice weight equipment, as well as a lovely view. They also have a sauna and hyrdotherapy pool.

Service was great, staff was wonderful, valet was upbeat and professional. A fantastic stay!

• Liked — The staff and excellent service
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

WOW WOW WOW. This is all that can really be said about this hotel. The hotel is wonderful.

The staff are friendly and are willing to go that extra mile to make your experiance wonderfull. The rooms are huge and decorated in a very luxurious style. The bathroom has both a shower and bath and incorporates a quicrky screen to allow full view from the bedroom.

We also have room service breakfast in the morning and my girlfriend was so impressed by the orange french toast that she know makes it herself on specil occasions.

The only drawback is the location which is a little way outside of Downtown Seattle but with the trolley (used to be known as the South Lanke Union Trolley or SLUT) outside you are only 5 mins away.

Amazing stay and would certainly stay again

• Liked — The Rooms and food qulaity
  • Disliked — Location (minor)
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Pan Pacific Seattle? Share your experiences!