“Modern hotel in a good Seattle location.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Pacific Escape
Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Seattle
Edmonton, Canada
“Modern hotel in a good Seattle location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed there before the Seattle Marathon as it is close to the race start/finish. The hotel is very modern, with typical fresh clean marble lobby. Our room was extremely well designed, with a nice mix of wood and modern materials. There was a wooden sliding window partition between the bath and the bedroom, giving the potential for quite an open feel at the expense of privacy. Bed was comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall an outstanding hotel room and hotel. A couple of quibbles: The room was surprisingly cool, but the thermostat did eventually respond. We needed the pull out couch, which was not made up when we go there and there were no linens in the room. Housekeeping did bring them, but only a bedspread and sheets without a comforter. They did bring a very nice down comforter when we asked. The hotel also does not have any view to speak of, except other buidligns nearby. So overall many fine features to teh hotel, with a couple of minor issues detracting a little.

Room Tip: Downstairs from the hotel are a Whole Foods store and a Starbucks.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seattle_PanPacific, Manager at Pan Pacific Seattle, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I hope everyone in your family enjoyed their time in Seattle and please pass on our congratulations to those who participated in the Seattle Marathon. I will be sharing your concerns with our housekeeping and engineering teams, especially those regarding the sofa bed and the thermostat delays in your room. I am happy to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful, but I do apologize for the few "quibbles" you experienced. Please let us know the next time you are staying with us and we will be sure to try and block you for a room with a nice view.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've stayed at the Pan Pacific three times now and the staff is very gracious as well as helpful. We arrived a couple hours early and they were able to check us in immediately. I am especially fond of the large bathrooms as they have bathrobes, a nice tub and seperate shower. The decor is minimalist and the beds extremely comfortable with high quality sheets. Our room had a separate recycling bin which I appreciate. Below the hotel is Whole Foods which is quite handy for snacks, meals or a bottle of wine. Downtown and Capitol Hill are within walking distance as well as the Seattle Center. Hopefully they will keep up the style and wear on this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water or Space Needle. If you sign up for their alerts, there are special dea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us again at the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle. We always do our best to accommodate early check in requests, so I am glad that everything worked out well for your most recent stay with us. Being a Green Globe Certified Hotel, we are also very conscientious about recycling and minimizing our impact on natural resources, so we truly appreciate the feedback about our in-room recycling bins. Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed for a couple of days at the Pan pacific hotel and I have every reason to recommend it. I could walk to all places I wanted to go but if tired I could take advantage of the free lift they provided you with on most days to any place within a distance of a couple of miles from the hotel which I found great service . Beautiful big rooms with very good service. Very friendly, helpful staff and breakfast is also very good which is very important for me.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from both of your stays with us this year. It sounds like you are quite familiar with the Lake Union area and have a great understanding of how convenient most of the local attractions are to our hotel. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our outlets including happy hour in our lobby bar. We hope you have a great holiday season and that we see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us.

Los Gatos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Pan Pacific is located on Terry and Denny, which is situated between the South Lake Union neighborhood and downtown Seattle. I stayed here twice, each time without a car, and found that it's a convenient to walk to many attractions. It's 0.8 mile to the Pike Place market, 0.6 miles to Westlake Center and the Monorail, and 0.6 mile to the south shore of Lake Union. If you prefer not to walk, you can get a free lift (Monday-Friday, daytime only) to any location within 2 miles of the hotel. Parking, on the other hand, runs about $39 per night.

One time I stayed in a Space Needle Corner King and another a Premium King. Both rooms have large windows, but the Space Needle room was far superior with its windows on two sides as well as a small window in the bathroom. The corner king is both lighter and roomier. If this is your first visit to Seattle, consider splurging on the corner room.

The decor in the hotel is quite tasteful. Zebra wood is used in many places, including the elevators. The beds are very comfortable and the heating/air conditioning is one of the most quiet I've encountered in a hotel.

Regardless of which room you choose, the staff are friendly and always ready to help with plans or transportation. The lobby bar serves a good breakfast as well as afternoon Happy Hour hors d'oeuvres featuring many drinks created with Seattle-made alcohol. For a larger variety of Happy Hour selections, try the bar in the Seastar Restaurant & Raw Bar next door.

Room Tip: Try a corner king with a view of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle_PanPacific, Manager at Pan Pacific Seattle, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
The entire staff here feels tremendous pride when guests such as yourself choose to stay here again after their first visit to our hotel. I am glad to see that you have discovered just how easy it is to travel from here to all of the local attractions without the need of a car. Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope that you continue to choose the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle whenever you are in the area.

Mexico, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We are Pan Pacific fans having stayed at several of their properties in Asia. Wish there were more of them in the US. We found the same attention to detail and caring service in the Seattle Pan Pacific as we have in the Asian properties. Location is good, room was great, enjoyed the dining experiences and loved the free shuttle that was available at certain times of the day. Tip: take it to the Needle as parking there is very expensive. I always love a hotel where the staff seems happy with their job. It is a sign of good management! That usually means it trickles down to the guest.

Room Tip: No pool but check out the huge water spot at their health club.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle. It is great to have "Pan Pacific Fans" stay with us, and even greater to hear such kind feedback. When we hear comments praising our "attention to detail" and "caring service," it truly reinforces the hard work and dedication the entire staff here demonstrates on a day to day basis. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Centurion, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I last visited the Pan Pacific in January 2010, and as I had such a glowing review last time, I was expecting much of the same this time.
The service is still top notch, however the rooms seemed old to me, more worn and slightly musky this time
I cannot complain about the room nor the bathroom as I knew what to expect, however there was something missing on this visit.
As per usual the bed was awesome and I slept well, which is always a bonus for me...
The other guys that I was with tought that the hotel was great, so as mentioned, it may just be me with high expectations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for making the Pan Pacific Hotel your destination of choice when you stay in the Seattle area. The opinions of our repeat guests such as yourself are crucial as we strive to constantly improve both our service and our product. Additionally, just like you mentioned, we also have very high expectations of ourselves and are disappointed when we are unable to meet them. If there is ever anything I can do to make your stays with us more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jeffrey.isenberg@panpacific.com. Once again, thank you to you and your colleagues for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The service was great and the quality of the rooms was top notch. But, the air conditioner wasn't working well so we had to move rooms. The bathrooms don't really have a door. It's an asian themed hotel with sliding screen for doors. Not much privacy. It was nice but it wasn't anything that fantastic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Overall, I am glad that you found our service to be great and our rooms to be "top notch." However, I do sincerely apologize that the air conditioning was not working properly during your stay with us this past June. While the decor of the bathroom will most likely not change, your feedback has been passed on to upper management, and I hope this does not deter you from staying with us the next time you are in Seattle. As always, please feel free to contact me if there is ever anything else I may be of assistance with.

Director of Rooms

Been to Pan Pacific Seattle? Share your experiences!