“Romance in the city” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
pasco
“Romance in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel met our standards. The bed was wonderful, the bath amazing, and the staff excellent. When we arrived they had cookies and a card waiting for my husband, as we were there to celebrate his birthday. Hotel was close to almost everything, if not you could take a cab. Valet was great, water bottles for the trip home. Special little touches all around. Only wish the golf was open later on the weekends. By the time we had a chance it was already closed. Great drinks at boka. Breakfast was satisfying in room and at boka.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guests,

Delighted that you stayed with us for your husbands birthday and that you had "romance in the city" Thank you also for spending time in our BOKA Restaurant and bar.

Hope you will return soon for more "romance and memories"

Denny Fitzpatrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Marseille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was almost perfect. Very comfortable, in a good location downtown. I especially liked the Molton Brown bath products, always great stuff! The bathtub which fills from the ceiling was amazing, no splashing and it worked just fine.
I inadvertently left a few items in my room when I vacated the hotel, and did not notice this until 2 days later when in another location. After a first attempt to get these items forwarded to me, Matt from the reception pulled through like a champ and was able to take care of the problem while there was still time to do so. I appreciated his efficiency and desire to resolve the situation. A+ for Matt!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear SquidJR,

Thank you for staying with us and writing about. Delighted you had a memorable time with us.

Also- I agree on an A+ for Matt in getting your left behind items forward to you.

Hope your travels bring you back to Seattle and Hotel 1000.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

You may see many positive and enthusiastic reviews for this hotel. From my personal experience, they are accurate and real. In fact, they may be understated. This was the finest hotel I’ve ever experienced. The combination of the property itself, along with the people that bring it life have created an environment unlike anything I’ve enjoyed before. I am not a “plant” or a fake guest. I’m a real person from Washington, D.C. who has traveled quite a bit and been in well over 100 hotels, resorts and inns. I’ve enjoyed many of them, but Hotel 1000 made me realize what I had been missing.

If the mission of a hotel is to make a guest feel not only welcome, but loved, embraced, and elevated, then Hotel 1000 exceeds that mission. Whatever training the hotel provides the staff, they should bottle it and sell it to places like the Four Seasons and other luxury chains.

The facility itself is magnificent. Less like a hotel, more like you somehow got Brad and Angelina to let you stay at their place in Seattle. Everything about the structure is worthy of memories. The lobby is warm and inviting, yet still very cool and hip. It may seem like a contradiction, but it worked. The design is modern, contemporary and high tech without being cold and mechanical.

From the greeting I received getting out of the cab, to the welcome I got at the check in- I felt like I had achieved my dream of magically transforming into George Clooney for a day. The only difference was- the staff kept calling me by my actual name. So why were they treating me like I was the most beloved man on the planet? I thought that treatment would end at the front desk, and once I retreated to my room, I’d transform into simply “the guest in Room 1103.”
That’s not the way it worked out. From the first moment where I was offered a complimentary glass of sparkling wine, which was actually quite perfect, Tamra made me realize this place was different.

It seemed like everyone at the hotel knew my name, and that I was there celebrating my birthday. More people at this hotel knew it was my birthday than back at home. When I checked into my room, there was actually a birthday card signed by the entire staff, with messages and doodles, not just names. My wife had called ahead and asked for something to be left in my room, and tipped them off. They took it from there. At some points, I almost felt like they knew this was going to be my last birthday celebration, so they had to make it really special. Obviously, this is one instance where I hope they are wrong.

THE SPA:

When I didn’t think the stay could get any better, I found myself in the hotel’s awkwardly named private spa, “Spaahh.”
I’ve been to dozens of spas and I can say without question that this was one of the nicest, calmest, most peaceful and well designed. Beautiful, soothing decor, warm and pleasant staff, a place that could calm down George Costanza ("Serenity NOW!"). However I was not prepared for the level of excellence I was about to receive. My massage therapist was Jo, and she gave me the greatest massage I’ve ever had. This was well beyond a massage. It was a transcendent experience. I nearly had an out of body hour, where my spirit was re-awakened and my soul re-energized. Her personal energy, combined with her skill level and the aid of heated bamboo stalks had a completely regenerative, healing effect on me. I felt like 100 pounds of pain, aches, troubles, anxiety, tensions, fears and concerns were eliminated from my physical being, and my life force was re-activated. As I walked off the table, I suddenly felt like I had the optimism of my youth- that all things were still possible, that love is truly the most important thing, and that human beings aren’t that bad after all. The terms “magical touch” and “laying on of hands” are bandied about and can become cliche’, but the effect of that massage from Jo was truly life changing.

My only regret about this hotel is that I had to leave it after 3 nights. I was scheduled for only two, but I've never been so thrilled to have an airline cancel my flight. I could have been stranded in Charlotte or spend one more magnificent night at Hotel 1000.

My advice- this hotel is a destination in itself. Treat yourself and a loved one to a weekend at this place. It's worth every penny.

Room Tip: I had the pleasure of experiencing two rooms, 1103 and 902. 902 was a corner room, larger with mor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear SherpaBilly,

Wow- what an overview that you spent a great deal of time writing. I have sent this review throughout the hotel so my staff can enjoy the fruits of it.

Thank you for your very kind comments and please return soon.

Newberg, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I love this place. It is on the cutting edge of technology and there are some neat features. I especially like the how the water shoots out of the ceiling into the bath tub and is splashless. You have to check it out next time you are in town. I am not gonna give up all the cool things this hotel does, go see for yourself.

I will returning soon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ShayN,

Thank you very much for the "cool" review you wrote about. You didnt give away all of our secrets.. inquiring minds will find out!!!

Thanks again and please return.

Marlboro, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here 1 night on business. Central location near everything. A very nice modern room overlooking the water. Great bed, bathroom, and big screen. Cost me about $ 250... had breakfast in the morning at their restaurant , excellent. Recommend if you want a central location under $ 300.00 .

Room Tip: If you get a room above the 8th floor you'l get a great view of the water.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear BigMike275,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about it. You mentioned you stayed here on business- hope when you return to Seattle- you will definitely stay with us- would very much enjoy your company.

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed all over downtown Seattle. This is a nice hotel but I like the four seasons better. I do like the beds here. The rooms are on the small side and not as posh in my opinion. I selected
This hotel because the four seasons was 3x the cost this time. Not worth that for sure. Service is great. Gym is nice but small and cramped in the basement. I hated the bathtub filling from the ceiling. It was loud and you can't sit in the tub while its filling without peril. I would stay here again but don't go paying a lot more than other hotels just to stay here. It doesn't make sense.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Travelette4666,

Thank you for staying with us as well as comparing us to other high end hotels.

Delighted that you liked our beds- we get numerous compliments about them.

Hope you will try us again.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I travel quite a bit and I must admit that I have never experienced such exceptional service, amazing atmosphere, and excellent rooms than the Hotel 1000. It was a great hotel experience and I would never stay anywhere else if I am in the Seattle area.

Room Tip: I stayed in the suite and it was amazing and my co-worker who did not have a suite room was also exc...
Green Features: I love that they are very environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Gail,

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words regarding your expereince.

Please return soon and often so we can make new memories.