“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel honestly makes you feel like something special! Truly went above and beyond my expectations! My boyfriend and I were in town to watch the Seahawks game and even in our short visit and time in the hotel I was truly impressed with my experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Guest from Vancouver,

Delighted that you stayed with us when you came to Seattle to watch our fabolous Seahawks play ( and as you know- are in the playoffs!!)

Really hope you will visit again and that means staying with us- let us create new memories!!.

1,403 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Puyallup, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel is amazing. The staff is friendly, welcoming and very helpful. My husband and I were last there celebrating our anniversary; when I made the reservations I let them know that we also got engaged at their hotel and that he was just returning from a deployment in Afghanistan, they very kindly upgraded us to a suite with a great view at no extra charge. They also decorated the room with rose pedals and provided champagne. The rooms are beautiful and always very clean, and the hotel atmosphere is very nice. We would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Dear Guests from Puyallup,

We are delighted that you "love this place" and that you got engaged here.

Also , to read that you have been serving our country overseas is an absolute honor to have you with us.

Hope that you will return often to the "Place you love!"

Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I spent four nights here winding down after an exhausting week-long scientific meeting elsewhere on the West Coast. Excellent choice! The service was outstanding: from the moment we arrived the entire staff seemed dedicated to keeping us happy. Our deluxe water view room was spacious, the bathroom huge. A picture window between the bath and the bedroom was a romantic touch (there's a powered privacy screen if you want it), as was the indulgent bath with its ceiling-mount bath filler (there's also a separate shower). The bed was comfortable, the robes plush and warm. We were only a few steps away from the elevator but heard no noise. Everything about the room was thoughtfully designed - I wouldn't change a thing. Even the hotel restaurant - Boka - is classy. Parking a car is $39/day, but the valet service is convenient. I'll stay here again. Next time, I'll remember to take home the complimentary rubber ducky.

Room Tip: Following recommendations here I splurged for a deluxe water view. We got a room on the eighth floor...
Dear Guests from Honolulu,

What a delight to read your very complimentary review on this first day of 2013.

Delighted that you and your wife felt pampered and you enjoyed the many features of our guest room.

You must return- get back in the tub and we will have your rubbber ducks waiting for you !..

Olympic Penninsula
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I wanted a pampering spa vacation for Christmas, checked out all the Seattle hotels and, since the spa and reservations at Hotel 1000 were so responsive I made reservations about noon on Nov. 3, 2012. As soon as they were confirmed (same day) I e-mailed the concierge (as instructed) for Xmas turkey dinner reservations at their restaurant.

After multitudinous e-mail replies containing excuses, delays, reassurances that all would be taken care of, on Dec. 12 a message came saying they couldn't find any restaurant that was open and serving turkey, and would I go to a Lake Union broiler for prime rib?
I wondered why it would take almost 2 months to give such a simple message and cancelled my reservations, requesting confirmation of cancellation of both hotel and spa.
When I refused to let them call me to "chat," I received two messages the next morning saying that they could give me reservations in their restaurant, a link to the menu, but no mention of turkey. I certainly did not ask them to scour the town for a turkey dinner, so a simple "no turkey in our restaurant" message to me on Nov. 3 would have sufficed.
Next, 5 minutes later, another message arrived saying "[name of guest services director] would like to recall the message, 'reataurant [sic] and spa'," with no explanation.
Since I had no idea what was going on, I just reiterated my reqest to cancel everything and eventually received cancellations from both the hotel and spa.
Before then, I spent half an hour booking several nights each at the Seattle Hilton and Clearwater Casino and Spa including a turkey dinner for Christmas. I received confirmations from both hotels, the spa, and the restaurant within a few hours.
I would not try to stay at Hotel 1000 again on a bet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Enumclaw, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was our first time at this awesome hotel - our 25th wedding anniversary, a fact I had mentioned in passing when booking a Saturday night package. We drove up to the door on 1st Avenue and were asked our name. Ten seconds later the doorman wished us a happy 25th anniversary. Same thing with the front desk. This was at 10:00am (check-in time was 4:00pm) and we stated that we only wished to park our bags until our room was ready later so that we might get down to the Pike Place Market (5 short blocks away) for some shopping fun. The clerk stated that they had a room ready for us and that we could leave our bags there and freshen up. Opening the door we saw our names with an anniversary wish on the HDTV hotel menu. A single long stem red rose sat in a bud vase next to the TV.

We left to do our shopping and returned in the pouring rain (hey, this is Seattle in December!) to find a chilled bottle of sparkling wine and two glasses awaiting us. Later we crawled downstairs to the Boca Restaurant to make a cocktails reservation for the three other couples we would be celebrating with. A few minutes before our meeting time we arrived at Boca to find two of the couples already seated at the table reserved for us earlier. Even our server wished us a happy anniversary!

The next morning we ate breakfast at the Boca using our "breakfast ticket", which was part of our weekend passage. The ticket expressly stated that it was for "entrees for two". We ordered the usually juice and other side dishes expecting to pay for them with a credit only for the entrees. The check came with a big fat zero in the balance due column!

After breakfast it was time to leave. The valet promptly fetched our car and again wished us a happy anniversary addressing us by name.

The rooms are great and there is a little full-swing computer golf course along with the usual exercise equipment on the site.

Would I go there again? Does it rain in Seattle? I'd go there again in a New York minute!

Room Tip: Go as high as possible to avoid the Seattle street din.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest from Enumclaw,

I am starting out this with your quote at the end of the review:

Love you feedback and we are delighted that we were part of your 25th wedding anniversary.

We hope that you will return next year ( or before) and we will make it even more memorable.

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My second time at this fabulous hotel. From the moment the cab drives up the valet, concierge, check-in staff are all there to assist you (me). The room, the size, the tiny details to make everything special and the bathtub! (endulge yourself)... The Bako restaurant food and staff, I don't know how to say enough but to say it is my most recommended hotel. This hotel not only aspires to exceed but is a model of it. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Diana,

What a delighted to read your review and to see that this is your second stay with us.

We appreciate your loyalty and hope you will return again and that i have the opportunity to meet you whenever that might be.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just stayed one night for business and found a good rate online and decided to book Hotel 1000. The new construction (2006) was attractive and its downtown location near meetings and shopping. Upon check-in the staff was great, offered us a complimentary drink and upgraded our room. Rooms are spacious (saw two) and contemporary in style (more Four Seasons than Ritz). Complimentary newspaper, coffee and donuts in the morning were a great surprise along with free wifi. As we left, we could not be happier with our stay at Hotel 1000 and found two new water bottles in the cup holders from the valet. Many hotels aspire to exceed expectations but Hotel 1000 deliver with professional and friendly service. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Matt,

Delighted to read your review this afternoon regarding your recent stay with us.

Thank you for the details you elaborated on for our readers to enjoy.

I hope you will return soon and often...

Denny Fitzpatrick

Been to Hotel 1000? Share your experiences!