“Good, fresh sushi” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Fin

Red Fin
612 Stewart St, Seattle, WA 98101 (Belltown)
206 441 4340
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #350 of 3,429 restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Latin, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: 6th and 7th Avenue and stewart
San Diego, CA
“Good, fresh sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

First, let me caveat my review by sharing that I ordered take-out sushi. I was with my 5 year old son and Red Fin was close to our hotel and we needed to get back to the hotel for some R&R!

Overall, I thought the sushi here was fresh and good. They seemed to have a lot of different, special rolls. The "Rock Star" ordered for myself was quite good. However, my son's unagi roll (he loves unagi) didn't quite suit it taste due to the extra stuff they put inside.

I thought the prices were on the expensive side, but that's likely due to location.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Oakland, California
“Noisy, crap service. Pedestrian food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Seriously, when the 'busboy' says, as soon as the food is served, "what can I throw out for you, here" it is going downhill from there. The waiter basically put our food and check down at the same tem. Loud, crappy music and very average food. We weren't offered anything else, even though we weren't finished. Just the check. Everything bad abut American sushi. Commercial, bored, uninventive. It needs to go away.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Visit the place almost every Seattle visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Like the place, good sushi, good drinks, friendly staff, usually close to the hotels I stay at. Recent discovery was the 7th AVe roll, totally worth it. The calamari are also a great choice

Visited July 2012
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
“Love it! Excellent sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Great sushi and apps, atmosphere is very nice, authentic. The rolls are nice sized with very good flavor from the ingredients without all the sauces some smother rolls with. Scallops for an app were awesome! Overall a great place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Good Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The sushi was pretty darn good. The only thing I didn't care for was their soy sauce. We asked for low sodium and were told that it was low sodium and they made it in house. Honestly, it tasted two or three times saltier than your typical soy sauce in other sushi restaurants. Other than that we loved it.

I highly recommend their Rainbow roll. It was $15.00 but worth every penny!

• Visited July 2012