“Yay and nay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fado Seattle

Fado Seattle
801 1st Avenue, Seattle, WA (Downtown)
206 264 2700
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 209 Nightlife in Seattle
“Yay and nay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Loved the bar, but the drinks were expensive and not very strong. Don't know that I'd come back. On the up side, the service was great and people were really friendly.

Covington, Washington
“The Perfect Family/Friends get together!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I hosted my Mom and Step Dads 10th anniversary at Fado's before the Husky game. They went above and beyond. We had a large party and were going to go to Elysian. My aunt called Elysian and they were very rude and were not willing to accommodate us no matter how early we would arrive. They laughed and basically mocked us. The guy on the phone was a complete jerk and told us we have no chance. I called Fado's and they were more than happy to accommodate us. They also let us have separate checks. We had server Sara to start and she was so awesome. Her service was very fast and efficient. She had all of our names memorized. Brandon took over and he too did fantadtic. Servers that were not waiting on us were also super friendly. The food was delicious. Going to Fado's was a complete success and my family and I will most certainly return. Our combined bill was well over a grand and I am so glad it was spent at Fado's. Elysian you lost a lot of money as well as over 30% in tips and I am very happy we did not go to your restaurant and waste our money on you. Thank you so much to Fado's you were PERFECT!!!!!!

Visited October 2012
Tustin, California
“5 star food for 2 star prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place was recommended to me by a local I met. Turned out to be the best food I had in all of Seattle. And even better, the prices were cheap. Go during happy hour and you are sure to have an awesome time. I recommend the sliders.

Visited September 2012
Marysville, Washington
7 attraction reviews
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The food was yummy and a lot of it. The wait staff was super freiendly and accomidating. The decor was entertaining to look at.

Visited June 2012
Fort Worth
5 attraction reviews
“A beautiful old place. Waitstaff was sheisty.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

It's worth going in here just to see all the neat woodwork on the inside. We enjoyed some drinks, and the food wasn't bad. Smithwick's is on tap here - can't find that at home so I was happy. The food was much better than average pub fare. I had corned beef and cabbage, and my wife enjoyed the shepherd's pie. We were pleasantly surprised at how good the dishes were - restaurant quality food, for what it's worth.

We went to this place with friends. My wife and I paid our portion of the bill with cash, then our friends gave the waitress their credit card and asked to be charged the difference. Upon getting home, our friends discovered that the waitress had put the entire tab for us all on his card, and had kept $80 cash for herself. Hopefully he'll get that straightened out. He did view and sign the sales slip, and it did not reflect the whole tab at that point, so she did something after we left to pocket that money. Hopefully a few phone calls will sort that out.

I doubt this experience is had by all who go here, so I would encourage folks to visit this place and have a drink and a meal. It's nice. Hopefully the scurvy waitress will no longer be employed there by the time you visit.

Visited September 2012