“Car rental made Seattle EASY!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Walking along the Seattle Waterfront is a perfect way to soak up some Northwest atmosphere.  Take in views of the Puget Sound and Olympic Mountains while exploring Olympic Sculpture Park, the Seattle Aquarium, shops, and restaurants like Ivar’s, a local landmark, where you can watch the ferries load and depart while you eat.
San Francisco, California
“Car rental made Seattle EASY!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I decided to take a trip to Seattle to check it out for the first time. I've always been curious if really rains there all the time or not. I went in the middle of September (it wasn't raining) but it was one of the easiest trips I've ever made! I usually rent a car wherever I go because I like to check out the local nature sites. When I was looking up car rentals at the Seattle airport, the prices were super high! So I started doing some research. I was able to find a location in south Seattle that was right off the monorail (I think they call it the light rail) stop. The lightrail took me straight from the airport, to Mt. Vernon station, which was only three blocks from a local Hertz (the Rainier Ave. HLE) site that had super discounted rates! The girl that worked there (I forgot her name) picked me up from the station and drove me back to her office. She explained that the off airport sites are usually much cheaper because they don't have the extra airport fees and taxes. This location is only ten minutes from the heart of down town Seattle also! Which was great, because I stayed at the Pioneer Square Marriott where I was able to get a great deal also. The car worked great for what I needed! I explored the city, the waterfront, and I even took a trip to Mt. Rainier. The waterfront was beautiful. I rode on the Big Wheel, and went to the Aquarium. It was so much fun! And Anthony's had the most delicious seafood mac n cheese I have ever had. If you ever come to Seattle, you MUST go to Rainier! It's absolutely gorgeous. There was a little bit of snow since it was just September, and the marmonts are just darling! For people not familiar with Seattle, Pikes Place Market is a definite place to hit! It's wonderful if you're looking to check out the local goods.

Visited September 2013

• Greek first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
42 attraction reviews
“Loved the Waterfront Area, so much to do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My friend who lives in Seattle took me to the Waterfront. The Waterfront has so many things to do and see. We parked along Alaskan Way down near the Aquarium. We walked the length of the waterfront from just North of the Aquarium down to Pier 50.

Along the way are shops, restaurants, parks, and diversions. We loved feeding the seagulls near Ivar's outside eating area and had a cup of Clam Chowder that was tasty. We explored fun shops like Ye Olde Curiosity Shop and the Pirates Plunder. We took lots of really fun photos.

The big ferris wheel is in this area if you have a mind to ride it. You can catch a pedi cab if your feet get tired. You can take a Water Taxi (ferry boat) to a couple different places for cheap.

One of my favorite moments was a pause for a break at the end of the walk. We went just north of the aquarium a short distance and found a cool boardwalk with lawn chairs we could rest in and get good photos. The boardwalk has a giant smiley face painted on it!

Some people don't like the crowds at the waterfront but I didn't think they were bad. We came in the morning. I really liked the waterfront. There is no fee to visit the waterfront but parking is expensive. Each of the attractions has their own fees but you can do a lot for not too much money. It is hard to find a bathroom so make sure you plan to stop for food and use their facilities.

Pennsville, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I recently visited the Seattle Waterfront and loved, loved it. The market was fabulous with all the beautiful flowers and seafood and baked goods. I cruised out of Seattle to Alaska and was so happy we did. Most people said to cruise out of Vancouver but I preferred Seattle. We made a stop in Vancouver and I'm still happy we sailed out of Seattle and visited the waterfront.

Orlando, Florida
26 attraction reviews
“There is a better option”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This walkway is very crowded and noisy and the beautiful view of the water is practically eradicated by the crowds. The restaurants are not pretty and are not customer service oriented due to the large crowds. Walking on the sidewalk is slow and frustrating. The shops are tacky. What else can I say? Now, if you walk approximately 2 miles away from downtown to the Sculpture Gardens, you'll find the most beautiful view of the water and some AMAZING larger than life outdoor sculptures. There are nice grassy spots on which to play and sit, with benches spread throughout. There is a coffee shop just at the corner where the sidewalk and street bump into the park that has a nice selection of drinks and outdoor tables. Take this option, you'll love it!

Plano, Texas
19 attraction reviews
“Awesome view Puget Sound, seafood and flowers.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We walked around the market area and was astounded by the seafood and flowers, along with many other vendors of interesting products. This is a must do when visiting Seattle.

Visited October 2013