“This is a must do Seattle!” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Ranked #32 of 209 Activities in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour Seattle by land and water on a WWII amphibious landing craft! You'll view all the must-see sites of Seattle including the bustling Seattle waterfront, historic Pioneer Square, the famous Pike Place Market and the heart of the downtown shopping district! Next, head out to Fremont where you'll SPLASH into Lake Union and cruise past Gasworks Park, the Sleepless in Seattle floating home and a breath-taking view of the Seattle skyline! Along the way, your Wacky Captain will entertain with colorful stories about the city’s history, jokes, music, and more! It's a party on wheels that floats!
Vancouver, BC
5 attraction reviews
“This is a must do Seattle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We did this with our three year old and my parents this summer. What a blast and a great way to learn more about Seattle. If you want a great tourist experience Ride
The Duck even if you are new to living in Seattle. It is worth every penny.

Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
8 attraction reviews
“Fun way to see and learn about Seattle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I consider myself a Seattle native, and I guess I should be embarrassed to admit that I have ridden the ducks three times. I took my 13 year old niece and grandma, my little sister through big brothers/big sisters, and even once with just my husband because he had never been on it before.

The experience is fun. The captains can be a bit cheesy but it's a great time singing to fun songs, quacking the quackers, and getting into the lake right in the car. I have learned a ton about Seattle through the tours and they give a great overview of so many parts of the city.

It is pricey and I am sure that there are tours that are much cheaper (and quieter!), but it's a good time to do at least once.

Visited July 2012
Kennewick, Washington
77 attraction reviews
“You will laugh and have a blast - Fun for all ages - A Must Do in Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

You will have fun signing and laughing on this 90 minute ride through Seattle and on the water of Lake Union. ( about 20+ miles )

Our guides name was Captan Dan Tanneal ( like Capt & Tanneal the music group from the 70" )
Capt. Dan ( not his real name ) was funny and made the experience a great one.

We sang songs by Devo, YMCA, MC Hammer and many many more and got the people out on the street involved as well.......this trip will put a smile on your face.

Yes the bus/boat goes into Lake Union and you will tour the lake and view the house boats and pass by Gassworks Park as well.

Please make sure to make a reservation in advance because the boats will fill up.

Price $28.00 for adults plus tax ( $2.00 for a quaker - you must get at least one of them )

They have two locations, Westlake Center and then the other is just across the street from the EMC/Space Needle ( cant miss it ) I would encourage everyone to do this and then visit Seattle Center and everything this area has to offer........it is a must do and me and my wife cant wait to do it again.

Thank you Capt. Dan for a great ride and not sinking the ship/boat/bus or whatever it is =)

Great for ages 8 to 80 and everyone inbetween

www.ridetheducksofseattle.com
206-441-DUCK

Pfafftown, NC
19 attraction reviews
“Great tour of Seattle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Duck tour of Seattle is a great way to see a lot of the city in a short time. The Captain of our Duck (Captian Bob labla) was very knowledgable of the area and its history. He was very funny and had a lot of stories to tell. During the tour he had several different songs cued up to play at appropriate times. The Duck is open on all sides and the Captain tries to get the tour participants to sing along or wave and yell at pedestrians to try to get them involved in the fun. It was great fun when he drove the duck down a ramp and into Lake Union for a little cruise. The captains knowledg and passion for the area and its history was very evident in the stories he told and the information he gave. Overall, a fun tour and I highly recommend

san diego
“Good but ruined by captains comment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Overall the experience was fine. It would have been better if it wasn't for comments made by the captains. The problem I had was when Captain Bjorn Toorun picked on my very shy 5 yr. old daughter for not using the quacker when he asked her to. It went
on and on. He asked the other captain what they should do with someone who doesn't use the quacker and he responded by saying, " they need to be thrown off the boat." I tried not to take it seriously because I didn't want to cause a seen but my daughter felt bad . The captain needs to know how to deal with shy people, especially a child. I was very disappointed. It was hard to enjoy myself after that but I didn't want to ruin our vacation.

Visited September 2012
SeattleDucks, Manager at Ride the Ducks of Seattle, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hello! First, thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to follow up with the Captain. Our goal is to make sure that everyone has an amazing experience on the Duck tour and I'm disappointed that you and your daughter didn't enjoy yourselves. I'll be sure to follow up with Captain Bjorn so that hopefully next time, he can read the group a bit better. Thanks again for taking the time to write! We appreciate it!