“deck!!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene
Seattle, Washington
“deck!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Ok so the Nick is great all the time, but on a sunny day watching the cars cross the Fremont Bridge from the deck is just about the best way to really feel that you are NOT IN WORK!! Awesome.

Visited June 2012

Marysville, Washington
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I had an excellent chicken sandwich and fries. The big burrito that my friends got also looked really good. My only complaint was being charged for dipping sauce for my fries.

Visited February 2012
Seattle, WA
“Favorite Hummus Platter in the City!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

While the outside patio looks out onto a main street you can still see boats and watch the bridge go up and down and the Duck tours go quacking by, on a sunny day it's ALWAYS packed and one of my favorite places to go.

I probably shouldn't share this information, but alas it's too delightful to keep quiet.
The Mediterranean Platter at the Saloon is so freaking fantastic - good hummus, but it's the marinated cucumber with dill, mini blocks of feta, soft pita and fresh roasted garlic ($5 on happy hour) that make this the best platter in town. With a side of PBR in a can or your favorite micro-brew there's nothing better to help out after a long day at the office.

The nachos, big fattie veggie burrito, Greek salad and fries with ranch are also quite tasty menu options.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellevue, Washington
“Great at being average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

We visited the Nickerson Street Saloon as part of Red Hook bike ride. The Saloon was the halfway point. We arrived a little later, on the downside of peak number of riders. The outdoor seating was full, but there were several tables inside still available.

Once we arrived, we had planned on having a lunch with a event beers. We weren't having much luck getting service to get a menu. We ended up taking one from another table. In the meantime, we're sitting there with our bike gear and beer coupons waiting for some service and had finished making our food choices. Eventually I asked someone who was waiting tables near us if we were in her area. She said "I'll get you some menus". We figured that once she arrived with menus, we could place our order. She continued on serving other tables and didn't get us menus. Eventually another server came to us and we ordered our beers and food.

About 30 minutes later, I realized that one of the tables we were considering that was empty still when we ordered had seated, ordered, and was halfway through their food. We were yet to receive ours and 2 of the 3 beer cups were empty. I finally inquired and was met with "we're busy and there are a lot of orders". True they were busy, but this was a planned event and they were a host. However seeing two different tables around us that had arrived, ordered, and received food prior to us getting ours wasn't helping that argument. I mentioned this, and we were told we'd get a discount (which ended up as 20% off).

Our food finally came in stages and was average across the board. Everything looked good as it was being served to us and others, but for the most part it was OK.

What we assumed would be a 30-45 minute break for lunch ended up taking over an hour and a half for three appetizers and one beer each. By the time we left, most of the bike racks were taken down and there weren't many people left.

Too bad because it's a neat pub, with lots of outdoor seating, and a nice area. But we won't be back. Fremont has too many other options.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good location (close to...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

good location (close to my house), okay food/drinks. I do like the outside seating area alot