“Amazing, Amazing, Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

+1 206-905-2100
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Space Needle: Sky City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,099 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Avenue and Broad Street
Transit: The monorail runs every 15 minutes from the Westlake Center on 5th Avenue and Pike Street to the Space Needle.
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing, Amazing, Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

As a Seattle-ite, over the years I had always heard "the view is to die for but the food is so-so". That seed had been planted in my head for a very long time. Well, I'd like to say yes, the view was incredible... but so was the food.

My girlfriend and I went to Sky City on June 24th (my 30th birthday!) and we had an absolute blast. We received a window seat and some of the best service I've ever had. Some waiters try so hard to be cool/hip/friendly, but our guy was very easygoing, you could tell he loved his job and his service was great.

I went "big" in regards to my dinner choice; steak and lobster. Amazing. Steak was cooked perfectly, the lobster tasted like they had just got it from Pike Place Market that day.

Was it expensive? Yes. But you probably know that before you even think about it eating there, so that should come as no surprise and shouldn't lesson your feelings towards the place.

Some may say "it was your birthday... of course it was good!" but nostalgia aside, this was still what a classy/enjoyable dinner should be like.

I had an incredible night and for any of you out there that still hear the "the food isn't that great" notion... go and find out for yourself. I think you too will be very surprised and happy with what you eat.

San Francisco, California, United States
“Awesome food, Amazing View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to the Space needle restaurant for my birthday and it was great... It is pretty darn expensive (they had a surf and turf on special that was 95 dollars, but most things are 25-35/ea), but they give you free admission to the observation deck, so that is like 40 dollar value right there... Service was amazing, the food was delish, the restaurant rotates a lot faster than I was expecting and it took 2 glasses of wine to not think about being so high up- lol... We really enjoyed the experience and they even gave me a card for my birthday... My favorite part is that people put little notes on the window so as you are moving around you get to see quotes and happy anniversary notes from the other patrons... super cute...

Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate there our first night in Seattle. It was clear that day, we ate around 8:30, so we were able to see all around the city, and even the sunset. Since the floor revolves as you eat, you get to see every view. Our server was very animated and friendly, helpful with suggestions and just fun. You can eat cheaper below and walk around the observation deck, but I would suggest getting reservations and eating at the restaurant because it is a great experience.

Visited June 2013
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a wonderful experience -- the food was fabulous -- the salmon was the best I ever had - views were spectacular as the restaurant revolved around the city -- we didn't have a reservation but the hostesses were excellent and got us in and our server, David, was the best -- great attention to every detail, recommendations and truly a superb experience -- I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant!!!

• Visited July 2013
Clermont, Florida
“Sunset over Seattle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

SkyCity restaurant in Seattle is a great choice . Reservations, early, should be made. Talking months for guarantee of seating. A $35 minimum charge is required. Arrive at base at least 30 minutes early. To check in follow signs at the base of the Space Needle. Dinner menus can be checked online. The 4 of us ate for $250, no alcohol . Plan for that amount at least. Very good, friendly service. After eating stay up in observation area as long as one wants. Plan for a sunset meal, the view is breath taking and Mt. Rainer might even show itself for a bounce night.