“Great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Piroshky Piroshky

Piroshky Piroshky
1908 Pike Pl, Seattle, WA 98101-1013 (Downtown)
206-441-6068
Neighborhood: Downtown
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We got up early to best the pike market crowds and made this our first stop. We arrived at about 8:15 and walked right in with no wait. We got the white chocolate and cherry. Very cherry and not too much chocolate. We ask the person there what there favorite was so decided to purchase his recommendation which we are saving for tomorrow's trip to Rainier. This was very close to the original Starbucks so we headed over there to grab a coffee to go with our pastry and there was only a short line there as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Piroshky Piroshky is a definite must if in Seattle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

As we passed this little Russian bakery the first time, I tried to resist it, since there was a long line. The second time we passed by, the line was not that long, and since I grew up in Europe, I knew this was worth the wait. For all those that are from Europe, this little bakery will satisfy all your taste buds. It's just like the things your grandma used to make, but better, since they have so many different options to choose from! For others, this is nothing like the American muffins and such. It is 100 times better on all levels. Once you try it, you will understand. I had a cinnamon/cardamom twisted roll that also had hazelnuts and dried fruit in it. My husband had a marzipan pocket. Both were so delicious, that we decided to have that for breakfast for the next two mornings while we were in Seattle. We even delayed our departure to Portland, so we can have this for breakfast. Our hotel was a few blocks away, so it was a really nice walk. If you go there early enough, the wait is only a few minutes and it's right next to the fist Starbucks coffee shop, where the line is also short in the morning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sacramento, California
“Hold Your Breath Walking Past This Russian Bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

That's right -- take a deep breath as you walk past Piroshky-Piroshky Bakery. I failed to do so and the aroma completely hypnotized me. The next thing I know, I am biting into a heavenly Rhubarb Roll (perfectly tart with a delicious pastry shell) and my wife had the "Should be in the MOMA" Cream Cheese Vatrushka. I tried a bite of hers and went into an out-of-body experience.

When my consciousness returned to me, I was standing outside of Pike Place Market with the uncontrollable urge to smile. I don't know what Piroshky's pipes out of this bakery into the outside air, but if it had ever been deployed on a mass scale, Russia would have won the Cold War.

“YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stopped in while walking in Pikes Market, and what a find. The potato and cheese and marzipan are just delicious. We rushed down there just as they were closing to get a couple more, as we were coming back to MI the next day. Probably the best thing I ate in Seattle. Loved them!!!!

Houston, Texas
“Theres a reason people line up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place was recommended to me on a recent trip to Seattle, and I'm glad I tried it. The line up was long, but that just meant to me that it must obviously be a good spot. Tried beef n onion, potato n mushroom, beef n cheese, and salmon. All were delicious, and I didn't realize how filling they were going to be. Bread coma city! but it was worth it. I wish I had a chance to go back - its a must try

• Visited June 2013