“So much fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Garage

The Garage
1130 Broadway, Seattle, WA 98122 (Downtown)
206-322-2296
Neighborhood: Downtown
Seattle, Washington
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I held my bachelorette party at the Garage, and my friends and I had such a fantastic time! Booking was so easy and convenient, and when we arrived we had fantastic service. The drinks and food were great, and bowling turned out to be a surprisingly fun activity for all of us! Love that the venue is 21+, and that they keep it very clean and organized. We really had a blast.

• Visited August 2011

63% Recommend
Seattle, Washington
“Horrible establishment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

f there were a choice of zero stars, or even negative stars -- would that be a black hole?? -- I would pick it to rate The Garage. My wife, young child, and I drove a distance this evening to the Garage, where a gathering of friends was to occur for a going away party for one of our dear friends. We walked through the door, and were greeted by the bouncer/doorman who promptly informed us that we had to go to the restaurant or leave, as minors are not allowed in the bowling area. That is fine -- we respect the policy. However, what subsequently transpired was very rude and borderline offensible on the part of the Garage agent. Our dear friend who was leaving saw us at the door and came over to say hello, as did a few of our other friends already at the lanes. We were there less than 5 minutes, never crossed 2 feet away from the agent or the door. No other patrons came through the door but 3 individuals -- all a part of our party group. Subsequently, as we were saying our goodbyes because we are not allowed in the establishment with our child, the doorman rudely and abruptly opened the door and asked us to leave. That was that. We have never been treated so poorly, like second-rate citizens because we have a child in hand. We each had heard many negative reviews about the Garage from other colleagues in our professional fields, but had a few friends that claimed a positive experience at the Garage. Without a doubt, we will never recommend the Garage in the future. We are each part of groups that had a few events reserved in the coming months for other occasions, but needless to say we will be canceling our business.

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ho Chi Minh City
“great g & t's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Like the quirky pizza's too fun place. They always make good drinks here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Never had such bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

We used to have a good time here and enjoyed the bowling/pool games and food until tonight. We arrived around 12:30am and got a pool table and a round of drinks. The server was great and the atmosphere was like any other place on a Saturday night. Around 1am last call was announced and we ordered another round and a couple appetizers. The Garage is open until two am or so we thought. About 15 minutes later, after we had just gotten our drinks and were setting up for another game, the security guard came over yelling at us, asking us if we were deaf or stupid that we didn't hear last call was announced. Apparently to him that meant no more pool games either, though that was not said over the loud speaker. I asked why we couldn't play any more pool since it was 45 min. before closing. He asked me if I could understand English. It would be fine to explain if they were closing early, but to be rude was uncalled for. I went to pay and told the guy at the desk about the guard yelling at us, then the security guard came over and got in my face asking why I was lying about him being rude. It was one of the worst experiences with bad customer service I have ever had. Then I went back to my friends to finish my beer when the security guard came over to tell me that they were taking drinks away from people. What?! Why would you call last call and 15 min. later take away people's drinks. This place runs on truly bizarre principles. I went to ask the waitress who said she was sorry and that sometimes the owners like to close early. The manager then came over and yelled at me for being argumentative. I was totally appalled at the behavior and communication with the Garage's management. I also don't expect to have to pay for food and drinks that were hardly touched because a place decides to close early without warning. If you're going to close early and if you're going to end activities before closing, let your customers know and in a way that is respectful. Do NOT go there!! There are many finer places with better customer service!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BC
“Bowling, billiards and booze!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

It was a great time and the mashed potatoes were excellent. We went during happy hour so the bowling and billiards really weren't that expensive. Looking forward to going there next trip!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere