“wonderful brunch !” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty's Seafood Grills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 3,452 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Seattle Bridge
Transit: Bus or take the Elliott Bay Water Taxi from downtown Seattle Pier 50 to Seacrest Park. We're just a 5-minute walk from the pier.
Description: Located on Elliott Bay with sweeping views of the Seattle skyline, Salty's is "One of the world's great view restaurants," says a local critic. This restaurant wins annual awards for the Nation's Best Sunday brunch, Seattle's best seafood, best view restaurant, best outdoor dining. Whether dressed up or casual, in the dining room, on the deck, or in private dining rooms, guests love Salty's for fresh Northwest seafood, wild Alaskan salmon and halibut in season, live Dungeness crab, fresh Northwest oysters, clams and mussels, USDA prime charbroiled steaks, gourmet lunch salads and sandwiches and refreshing creative cocktails. Live music in the Cafe-Bar Mondays and Fridays. Happy Hour from 3:00 to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday, Cafe-Bar only.
salt lake city
“wonderful brunch !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant is in a nice area by the water with killer views of downtown Seattle. We had a reservation for Sunday brunch and when we went, the place was just getting busy for lunch. There was about a 5 minute wait before we were seated but we didn't mind, there was coffee/juice/muffins and scones to eat while you wait. The scones were good, we even took a few to go. I mostly ate seafood, there were 2 types of crabs, Alaskan and Dungeness, chilled shrimp, salmon and shell fish. I was very satisfied with what I had. In addition, they also have an omelette bar, pasta bar, oyster bar and pancake station.

The doughnuts they serve as you get seated are to die for ! really !! We asked our server to get us more and my husband also got one more plate. The dessert spread was awesome, all the fruits we tried were sweet and fresh, out daughter loved the chocolate fountain. If I could only only eat one dessert, it would probably be the flan, one of the best I've tasted in a while. Service was good, considering how busy the restaurant was, our dirty plates were cleared away promptly and our server remembered to fill up our drinks every time.

What I don't like about Salty's: the line to the seafood buffet can be long and slow, and that's because some people take 10 min picking out the best crab portions ! We were also told by the lady out front that they ask people with reservations to keep their dining time to 1.5 hrs, although no one would kick us out or anything if we go over. Having said that, there was another lady with a clipboard and pen going around the restaurant and eyeing the tables, probably trying to figure out the seating chart. I wouldn't have minded if she was just a bit more discreet about what she's doing.

Overall, a nice splurge on our vacation. I would come back next time we're in Seattle.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Richland, Washington
“Best Place to Eat When in Seattle, WA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

After a really disappointing day in Seattle, we were given the opportunity to eat at Salty's. Landon (our driver from Salty's) picked us up at our hotel in a limo and drove us to the restaurant where he called ahead and arranged for us to have a spectacular table with a magnificent view.

Immediately upon entering the restaurant we were greeted with smiles and kind words. We were seated at our table right away and someone was there to take our drink order. Our server, Mark was very attentive and made us feel right at home. We had a beautiful view of the water and the boats.

We ate steaks that were so tender they melted in our mouths, the whole meal was terrific and then we had the most sinful desserts...absolutely delicious. If you are ever in Seattle, you just have to go to Salty's. You will not be disappointed.

After our meal, Landon was there to take us back to our hotel. Thank you to all of the staff at Salty's. You turned a terrible day into a glorious evening. If we ever go back to Seattle, we will definitely be seeing you all again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Westfield, Indiana
“Great view, service, and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went to dinner here while we were in town to celebrate my birthday. Took the water taxi over from downtown and walked to the restaurant. We had a great table on the patio with a wonderful view of the city over the bay. Our server and all of the staff were extremely friendly, prompt, and attentive. We had the crab cake appetizer and it was very good, mostly crab and very little filler. My husband had the burger (not a seafood fan) and I had the cedar plank salmon which was excellent. Was surprised with their signature white cake as a birthday perk, yum! The prices aren't cheap, but we had a lovely evening and it was well worth it!

Visited May 2013
Sammamish, Washington, United States
“Some of the food was good but the service...oh my gosh!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

After 13 years in Seattle we finally decided to try Salty's this past weekend. 6 of us were seated in a table where half had a very nice view of Seattle. The food ordered was grilled fish tacos with no aioli sauce, a plain cheeseburger, a crab louis (all crab which is a menu option), halibut and chips (with salad instead of chips), a couple of oysters on the half shell, fried oyster sandwich, and and a bowl of clam chowder. Of those the Oyster sandwich, fish and chips, and bowl of clam chowder were good and came as ordered.
The oysters were served with a side of ketchup rather than cocktail sauce. The plain cheeseburger was dripping the 1000 island dressing (as well as all the other fixings) and the fish tacos were of course covered in aioli. The crab louis simply didn't exist. As far as I can tell its order never made it to the kitchen. So we asked for a new plain cheeseburger, new tacos, and a search party for the crab louis. When the new food was finally served the cheeseburger didn't have cheese but it did have all the other fixings already on it (I couldn't really figure out logically how that would happen) and it was extremely well done. The crab louis was found but now it was a bay shrimp and crab louis. The fish tacos were served as ordered but the coleslaw was so saucy my wife just ended up eating the fish. Rather than risk another turn on the Improbability Drive we decided to stick with what we had and I bought my middle daughter (cheeseburger plain) something on the way home.
When the check came they removed the burger and the fish tacos (of course) but the salad sub for fries had a $4.50 charge. That's fine except that I probably should have been told to expect the charge some time before seeing it on the bill...perhaps when I made the request when ordering.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
makati
“Beautiful views..brunch not worth money..good for visitors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Beautiful views..but for me the brunch was not worth money + too many people. Would take visitors for lunch to "wow" them.

Visited May 2013