“Getting a little long in the tooth” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty's Seafood Grills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 3,563 Restaurants in Seattle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Doing business
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Seattle Bridge
Transit: Bus or take the Elliott Bay Water Taxi from downtown Seattle Pier 50 to Seacrest Park. We're just a 5-minute walk from the pier.
Description: Located on Elliott Bay with sweeping views of the Seattle skyline, Salty's is "One of the world's great view restaurants," says a local critic. This restaurant wins annual awards for the Nation's Best Sunday brunch, Seattle's best seafood, best view restaurant, best outdoor dining. Whether dressed up or casual, in the dining room, on the deck, or in private dining rooms, guests love Salty's for fresh Northwest seafood, wild Alaskan salmon and halibut in season, live Dungeness crab, fresh Northwest oysters, clams and mussels, USDA prime charbroiled steaks, gourmet lunch salads and sandwiches and refreshing creative cocktails. Live music in the Cafe-Bar Mondays and Fridays. Happy Hour from 3:00 to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday, Cafe-Bar only.
Markham, Canada
“Getting a little long in the tooth”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

First let me say the location of this restaurant is IDEAL. Perched on the water's edge looking straight across from downtown Seattle - the Space Needle, Ferris Wheel, etc - it is a sight to behold as dusk sets in and the night lights up from downtown.

Since this is the sight as you pull in to Salty's, your expectations run sky high - and unfortunately, the interior simply doesn't live up to the location. We were a group of about 12, so had a private dining room on the lower floor. While it was nice to have the privacy, the room was dated, carpet was faded and in rough shape, wall art was needing an update, etc., etc. It certainly left you with the impression that the restaurant had seen better days.
The food as well was average at best - the halibut special was served uniformly over-cooked and dry, while others suggested their meals were "fine" but not special. The cream that was on the table from our arrival was in fact spoiled, and showed its true colours when spilled into the coffee later that night. No one partook of dessert.
It's too bad - the location certainly holds promise for a spectacular dining experience- but fails to deliver.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Seattle, Washington
“Best Sunday Brunch in Seattle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Salty's is a unique restaurant located right on the Puget Sound with the best view of downtown Seattle and the Seattle waterfront. In addition, their food is great with a wide selection, but their claim to fame is their Sunday Brunch. The selection is immense and a seafood lovers dream. Be smart and walk the entire room first to scope out all that is being offered. My suggest is to grab a large plate and go to the far end of the room to the fresh shrimp and crab table. No reason to fill up first on salads and pastries.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent location and Easter brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Excellent brunch with an awesome view. Not a bad seat in the place. We went at 6 on Easter Sunday and I was worried it would be picked over by then but it was bountiful with prime rib, leg of lamb, ham and mounds of fresh seafood including oysters and Dungeness crab. Highly recommended and if regular menu is as good will need to try that also.

• Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida
“Best oysters and Bloody Mary!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Dinner starts at 4:30p but happy hour at the bar is from 4p-6p. We sat at the bar and had a very nice bartender wait on us. Fish and chips were great! Oysters were awesome! Bloody Marys were fantastic! Everything at happy hour prices is even better. Their view is amazing of the Seattle skyline. Definitely recommend.

• Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Overpriced, bad food, nice view”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This used to be my favorite restaurant. Everything has completely changed over the last year. Tonight I met the GM, who has been there for 7 months. Now I can see why all of a sudden things have been changing. It's clear whatever he has been doing has not been a move in the right direction.

Their prices have gone up, their menu has completely changed, Happy Hour is totally different and the food tastes BAD. We have gone at least a dozen times in the last year, if not more, hoping that maybe we just ordered the wrong thing, but no.

I could deal with price and menu changes but I can't deal with the lowered quality. The food does not taste good.

Here's the kicker - I wrote a poor review on Salty's Facebook wall. I was truly speaking from the heart as this was once my favorite place to go. I was so surprised to find their PR Director Nems reach out to me and invite me to Happy Hour. I thought it was a great gesture.

I drove 45 minutes in rush hour traffic to meet this person and what do you know, they got sick AND their email was down. Sounds totally plausible. I sat there for 15 minutes while people tried to make it better, they didn't know why I was there and I didn't know why I was there either. Nems scheduled the meeting and didn't show. As I sat I watched the kitchen and was astonished to see they use butter or some type of butter in an aerosol can to spray the steak and fish. Really? Seriously?

Finally they gave me some food and a glass of wine and the GM came to talk to me and went on and on about his personal resume and where he was prior, etc. Never once asked me why I was there, what feedback I had, etc. Then he left.

Then I drove home 45 minutes in rush hour traffic. WHAT A JOKE. What happened to customer service? It certainly doesn't exist at Salty's, and that statement makes me sad.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Salty's Seafood Grills? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Salty's Seafood Grills, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.