“Great food, service and view. Fresh & flavorful.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Duke's Chowder House on Alki

Duke's Chowder House on Alki
2516 Alki Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98116 (West Seattle)
(206) 937-6100
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: West Seattle
Philadelphia, PA
“Great food, service and view. Fresh & flavorful.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went to Duke's on Alki for lunch right after arriving in Seattle. Sat outside and enjoyed and very tasty lunch. The General Manager, Greg was on at that time and he was very attentive and informative about Seattle goings on. We really enjoyed talking to him.
Great view of the Puget Sound.
We had salad, grilled salmon, calamari, and a crabcake sandwich. Along with a couple of cocktails. Everything was very fresh and tasty. Portions could have been a little bigger for the price...That's a very small complaint though. Overall, we were very pleased with the freshness of the food and the flavors. Our drinks were strong and satisfying.

We returned for dinner a day later. Once again, really good drinks. THE CLAM CHOWDER REALLY IS OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD! Although our dinner entrees were not quite as pleasing as our lunch was, (problem with my entree, length of wait for food) I'd still recommend Duke's. I chalked it up to them being so crowded that night. I would definitely return whenever I get back to Alki.
Great place to eat, drink and people watch with a few friends or family!

• Visited June 2013

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We took the water taxi from Seattle over to Alki and got hungry. We didn't know anything about this place, just ate here cause it was one of the first restaurants we came to. What a pleasant surprise! I had fish and chips and my husband had the crabcake sandwich. They give you delicious sourdough bread to nibble on while you wait. Service was great. A very nice and friendly manager even checked the bus schedule for us so we would know when we could get back to Seattle. I liked that he came to check on us also. Server was great and we really loved the food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California, Kentucky
“amazing views great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

the tuna quesadilla was fantastic on happy hour...the manager put in new tank for the heater so we couldsit on the deck and look at the beautiful Olympic Mountains covered in snow ...a must.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Salmon are running in West Seattle!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Duke's is the place, seafood is the game. Stopped by on our tour of Alki and the West coast Statue of Liberty for a nice dinner. Out of four of us dinning, one of us hates seafood! However, when in Rome...or this case West Seattle; why not try some? So, I ordered the clam chowder, salmon and we shared a shrimp/crab cocktail. Others in the group had crab burger and macadamia nut encrusted fish. All were good, even the fish hater loved it all! The only thing I can say would improve the food a little is to use less butter and salt. Seemed a little drowned in butter and over salted, the food should speak for itself a little more. Lets talk about cleanliness now. The manager and buss person should locate a vacuum or carpet sweeper or broom and clean the floor in between standing around/picking up tables. The floor all over had lots of debris, no excuse for a restaurant. Kinda made me wonder how well they kept the kitchen clean, hopefully better. Bottom line, go and enjoy. You won't be disappointed. And have the clam chowder, it's better than the other famous one in the city!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Great Seafood on Alki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Huge fan of Duke's! Very fresh seafood and some of the best chowder I have had. On the latest trip to Duke's I had my favorite, the Cajun Chicken Chowder. Started with a bottle of Washington wine and coconut prawns with red chili sauce. The entree (my new favorite) was the blackened salmon over pasta. Duke's is very consistent with excellent food in a great environment. This location sits on Alki Beach and sports beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound. Duke's is a must for the traveller for a truly Seattle flavor and a staple for the locals.

• Visited March 2013