“Great Food, Atmosphere and Belly Dancers... Cant ask for more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marrakesh

Marrakesh
2334 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98121 (Belltown)
(206) 956-0500
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Belltown
Seattle, Washington
“Great Food, Atmosphere and Belly Dancers... Cant ask for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Awesome atmosphere, complete with pillows on the ground for seating and belly dancers. The food is the best Moroccan I have ever had, hands down. And it continues to maintain its excellence with each visit. I love the Seattle Marrakesh and the one is Portland is equally wonderful. The menu is good Ala Carte but for the full experience I recommend the full treatment and get the 5 courses. You won't be disappointed. Also, you must try the B'Stilla...AMAZING!

• Visited June 2011

Kent, Washington
“amazing - great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I got a group on now for one for $15 worth for a 5 course meal (reg 28pp), I took my husband and daughter to celebrate valentine's day (2012), it was hard to find a parking spot so I dropped them off to find a table, the owner asked if we had a reservation, which we didn't and didn't know about it, he quickly found us a spot. It was about 7pm on a week day and the belly dancer was performing, she asked people to join in as she taught some steps, the decor is great, feels like being in a tent. Promptly a server came over and explained the drill. First they served a lentil soup which it was perfect, then a salad with eggplant, then a film pastry with powder sugar and some caramel I think, inside they had chicken cooked with eggs and some other stuff, it got devoured right away, then the main course: marrakech couscous with lamb and veggies, my daughter a very sweet lamb and my husband lamb with peaches, not as sweet as the other one. At last they brought minty sweet tea with baklava. Make sure you are ok eating with your hands, they will wash your hands a couple times and provide a towel. Love the service and the food, great experience.

• Visited February 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great atmosphere. Great food. Great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Marrakesh (in D.C.) is one of my favorites, so I had high hopes for this unaffiliated restaurant in Seattle. I wasn't disappointed.

Service was quick and friendly. I told the server I had to leave in 1 hour and 20 minutes and she made sure we were out on time.

The five course meal included Lentil soup, salad, bread, B'stilla, a choice of entree (I had the honey/prune chicken), dessert and green tea. All for under $20 per person.

The chicken fell apart when touched. It was very tender and the portion was more than generous.

This place was very neat and kids would enjoy it as well. We saw business colleagues, family with little kids and a couple on a date so every type of party is welcome there.

I recommend this place when for when you're in Seattle!

Visited January 2012
Washington
“Great for Large Groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

If you're looking for a place to entertain a large group, this place can do it. We had a good experience here. Be prepared to eat with your hands and sit on the floor. If that bothers you, you can get a fork, but you'll still be sharing your meal "family style". The food was interesting (not superb, but good). The wait staff was very friendly and the pace of the meal was good. We chose to let them decide on the menu and the meal lasted ~2hrs. If you're in a hurry, this probably won't work for you. All in all, this is a good place to go. It's also kid friendly, even with the belly dancer.

Visited December 2011
Wisconsin, USA
“Excellent Food and Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I went to Seattle to visit a long time friend of his and his fiance. We all love ethnic food, but my husband's friend isn't a big fan. We finally convinced him to go to Marrakesh with us. He didn't want to go, but after we ate he said he was so glad we made him go. Marrakesh was great. Loved the atmosphere! You get to sit on pillows and eat on low to the ground tables. The restaurant looks like a giant tent inside, and you get to eat with your hands, which was my favorite part! We liked it so much that for our next meal at our friends' house, we all ate with our hands again. Very freeing. The food there was also excellent. We got the sampler special so we could try a little of everything. Highly recommend the lamb. We even got to see a belly dancer after our meal. I have nothing bad to say about this place...

• Visited September 2011