“Fresh food, brown rice available.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,735 of 3,429 restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Bozeman, Montana
“Fresh food, brown rice available.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We went straight from check in to this restaurant and were in a bit of a hurry. One of our party was already seated, perhaps that is why it took the waitress a while to start the service. Once we caught her eye, though, service was great. The food was fresh, tasty, not too spicy for those who needed that, and spicy enough, with something like sambal oelek on the table even to increase the heat, for those who wanted that. We ordered a large variety, and loved it all. Brown rice was available, which I always appreciate! I don't think you can go wrong here for the food. Our table was a foot away from another seated party, which felt a bit too close in such a large space, but the chairs are spacious and comfortable. It is in a basement, so no windows, but decorated nicely, so it didn't feel like a basement once inside. We will be back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
Silsbee, Texas
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

By the number of diners already seated when we arrived, we knew we'd selected the right place to eat.

We spent most of the morning at the Pike Place Market and from there went to Seattle's China Town International District. After visiting a few shops, we decided it was time for lunch. We'd heard about the Green Leaf Vietnamese Restaurant and after doing an online address search, we knew where to go. The exterior is nondescript and we could have easily walked past if we hadn't been specifically looking for it.

There were six in our party: four adults and two young children. We ordered a variety of of dishes which came in plentiful portions. The food was wonderful and our waiter was very attentive to our needs.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Seattle.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good eats, bad drink”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

When I last left my Seattle reviews, I had exited the Olympic Sculpture Park and was heading up Broad Street toward my eventual destination, the Seattle Center. But first, lunch!

I had decided to continue sticking to a theme in restaurant names to influence my meal choices. The main theme in Seattle, like Chicago, was color; hence, Green Leaf. I entered where indicated off 1st Street next to the Labor Temple, then started to climb down, and down, and along a hallway, until I finally reached the restaurant’s actual portal. The space could be described as a rather commodious orange cave with dim lighting and over-sized wooden chairs at the black tables.

I ordered #63, stir fried rice noodles vegetarian style. For my drink, aside from water, I wanted to be daring and asked for the pickle plum soda. My order arrived rapidly. The amount of food in the noodle bowl was substantial and hot. The vegetables were incredibly bright and each piece uniform in color, which didn’t seem natural and I had to wonder if the supplier was Green Giant. Nonetheless, it was good and I ate it all. That drink, on the other hand – my expectations were influenced by the words ‘pickle’ (thinking something sour or fermented) and ‘soda’ (carbonation). Instead, the pickle plum soda was the most disgustingly syrupy sweet, gagtastic fluid I can remember ever consuming. Blech.

The soda was either a terrible choice or poorly made (online recipes indicate the taste I experienced was not normal). However, the menu is extensive, the service was efficient, the facilities were clean, and the solid food was filling if unremarkable. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at the Green Leaf in Belltown, but if I were in the area and hungry I'd probably eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Tasty, fresh Vietnamese Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

That this restaurant is open late was a major plus with our schedule, but the fact that the food was so good, tasty and even reasonable makes this a place that deserves a shout out. The service was excellent despite the popularity of this place. In fact, the experience was so good, we went to their second location and found the same excellence.

• Visited July 2013