“Our new "go-to" breakfast spot!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Voula's Offshore Cafe

Voula's Offshore Cafe
658 NE Northlake Way, Seattle, WA 98105-6428 (University District)
206-634-0183
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: University District
Snohomish, Washington
“Our new "go-to" breakfast spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hubby and I found Voula's totally by accident about a month ago. We live in Sno county and were on our way home from dropping someone at the airport. Since we were planning on going to the U District Farmer's Market we decided to have breakfast first. Portage Bay Cafe came to mind, but when we stopped in they were giving a 45-60 min wait. We said "Forget that!". So I checked Yelp to see what they recommended and I saw Voula's. Since it was only a mile away we decided to check it out. Didn't realize it was right next door to an old haunt of ours, the Northlake Tavern. Anyway, we were seated immediately and had coffee on the table within about 3 minutes. I ordered the Pinata Benedict and hubby had the Oddinator omelet. Both were out of this world! Who knew to put smoked pork on EB, but it was amazing! Their Hollandaise sauce, just slightly spicy, was also excellent. The service was attentive, always keeping our coffee cups full. We were there about 10:30-11 am and by the time we left at noon-ish there was a line waiting outside the front door. I thought it was nice that they provide coffee to those waiting outside.
We made another trip to Voula's this past Monday, again on our way home from the airport. I had the "Freagy Geagy" omelet and hubby had the Pinata Benedict. The sausage they used in the FG was 100 % beef, homemade and just delicious. It had the perfect blend of Greek spices. I felt like I was eating gyro meat in an omelet. I loved it!
Their portions are very generous. I took half of my omelet home and had it for lunch. As others have mentioned, their hash browns are delicious. I also appreciated the option of getting fresh tomato slices with my omelet instead of toast. The service wasn't quite as fast the second visit as the first, but I think they have more staff on hand on the weekends.
Voula's is now our go-to joint for breakfast when in the U-District.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Upper Marlboro
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We are triple D addicts. So, needless to say, we saw Voula's featured on the show. On our trip to Seattle, we decided to give it a try. As usual with Guy Fieri's reviews, it was excellent. Our server was so happy we came all the way from the east coast and tried them out and was our first of many friendly experiences while we were there. I had their greek omelet and my husband had the salmon scramble. I can't imagine ANYTHING on the menu is bad. It is mouth watering just thinking about it as I write this review. Keep doing it Voula's!!!

Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Voula's does it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

They were very busy when we got there, but we enjoyed some coffee while waiting outside.
A team from University of Kentucky took up a decent amount of space in the back seating area, but all things considered, once seated they kept our water and coffee filled until our meal was ready, which took a little while, but not too long considering the place was 100% packed and still had a queue outside to get in. Servings were huge, and prices fair for what you get. The gentleman who was obviously running the show did a good job of getting people in as quickly as possible and was as always very friendly and welcoming. Still a family run place, and they still treat everyone like family. Been enjoying this place even before Guy really put it more so on the map, than it was previously. I don't get down as often as I would like, but when I do, it's always a good experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crete, Greece
“Pole kala (poll-ee kah-lah)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Weekends are packed so try to get there on a weekday. The Greek Hobo is hands down the best breakfast I've ever had. Pancakes are great too. I always hit Voula's when I'm in town.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonds, Washington
“Voula's not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Restaurant is in need of some maintenance--paint and updating. The men behind the counter were more interested in the TV than what their customers needed. The waitress was very slow in giving us service. And the food (even tho "Guy" thought it was great) was just average, at best!
We will be trying another spot for breakfast. Prices were a little high for what you received - obviously they hung their hat on GUY's review!

• Visited January 2013