“Seattle's first pho restaurant/day care combo.” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vietnam Restaurant
7040 1/2 15th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117 (Ballard)
206-783-4310
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,061 of 3,087 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Ballard
Neighborhood: Ballard
Seattle
“Seattle's first pho restaurant/day care combo.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I have been to this restaurant numerous times. Their pho is ok, though not as good as many in town. A bonus to most people is they serve a cream puff with every order. I'm not that partial to sweets, so it doesn't really matter to me. After yesterday, I'm done with Vietnam Restaurant forever.

We walked in, said "Hello" to the staff, and took a table. The staff was gathered around a table in the kitchen, eating, and immediately turned right back to their bowls. A little girl about three years old came runninng over to our table and asked "Are you here to eat?' I was beginning to think she was going to take our order, since she was the only one who seemed to care that customers had walked in. Said little girl was holding a half-eaten cheese sandwich. She stood right up against the edge of our table and continued to babble unintelligible three-year-old-speak, while putting her greasy crumb-covered hands all over the table. My wife works with small children, so she said things like, "Where's your table? Maybe you should sit down and finish eating?" The kid walked away, and we realized she probably belonged to the owners. Still no one had come to take our order. We were about to leave when someone finally came.

Orders were made, and the cheese-crumb kid returned. I knew tact wasn't the approach we needed to get rid of her, so I told her, "Go away. We don't want you hanging around while we eat." Her response was something to the effect of "My daddy owns this restaurant, I'll go where I want". We went back and forth like that a few times, but the kid walked away, and found new victims. They indulged her nonsense and she did not leave their table the rest of the time we were there. Dad came out and served the table, never once telling his little girl to stop bothering customers.

When I went to pay, the half-eaten cheese sandwich was lying on the counter next to the cash register. The owners of Vietnam Restaurant need to figure out whether thay are a restaurant or day care. The combo just doesn't work.

• Visited August 2011