“Praline bacon. 'Nuff said.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coastal Kitchen

Coastal Kitchen
429 15th Ave. East, Seattle, WA 98112 (Broadway / Capitol Hill)
(206) 322-1145
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Seattle, Washington
“Praline bacon. 'Nuff said.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my first visit for brunch and it was absolutely delicious. The Sazerac French Toast with praline bacon was just fantastic, and that was with gluten-free bread so my fiance could have some. I'm sure it'd be even better with the regular bread!

We also had a mimosa and the salmon scramble, which was also very good. Their spicy has browns are awesome. I have no idea what spice they use but it just tastes like New Orleans.

We're planning our rehearsal brunch for our wedding here because the food is great, the atmosphere is lively, and the people are easy to work with.

I'd highly recommend this place for brunch. It's almost a few bucks cheaper than a lot of other popular brunch spots in Seattle.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Great choice in Capitol Hill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We landed in that restaurant by accident. A happy accident. As we stepped in a French soundtrack welcomed us. The retro design completed the cultural choc. We were somewhere else... Nothing compared to that restaurant in the two weeks we had been touring the region. The food was excellent, inspired by the coast of the moment which was the Mediterranean coast as the soundtrack could have hinted. Even our little one, who was not accepted anywhere near the bar, found some treats in the restaurant menu. For the European travellers we are, it was a nice way to close our loop in the Northwestern, and readjust to portions and tastes of the old continent.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“A personal fave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. As a local it gives a great variety with a value and quality that stays the same. It explores different cuisines around the world that are located, surprise (!) on a coast. It always satisfies.

Visited January 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had brunch at Coastal Kitchen twice in two weeks and I had great experiences both times. It was very busy and I understand why! The biscuits are huge and delicious, the omelettes were perfect, and the hash browns were some of the best I've had! I'd happily go back a third time but I need to keep an eye on my waistline!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“Long Wait, for great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This restaurant does not take reservations for parties of 4, so we decided to ameet at 10:30 as a group, but 2 of us arrived at 10 to get our name on the list.
If all of us had been there by 10 we could have been seated fairly soon. However by 10:30 the wait was much longer, so getting there by 10 is suggested, as there is NO place to wait.
There are quite a few bar stools but you can eat there so they are filled quickly.
Food details:
French toast- great
Goat Cheese scramble-great
Rainbow scramble-great
A mexican scramble -sorry can't remember menu name - also quite excellent
Overall a very good restaurant that has no room to wait, so be patient. Service is very good. Prices also fair.
Why not five stars? Just can't do that for a breakfast place, sorry.

• Visited February 2013